Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

KostonxEld
12.09.2012 , 05:20 AM | #121
What is wrong with all of you people?! If you want to do a full clear of a fp it will take an hour or more! A LOT of people just queue for these for quick Black Hole comms. If you wants waste strangers time, that's bad on you!
If you want a full clear, make friends, join a guild, whatever. But don't waste strangers time that want a quick run!
Or even better, roll a healer or tank character and YOU can dictate what the group kills. Some random DPS asking for a full clear in any of my groups will either go along with the quick run or get booted and replaced instantly by another DPS. Bad attitude? Maybe but I'm not here to waste time
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

Malkavier
12.09.2012 , 05:39 AM | #122
Reading all of these comments, I haven't seen anyone at all mention one of the primary reasons that I, and many others, now skip all optional content inside of Flash Points.

The Loot Nerf of Patch 1.4.

Loot tables themselves were curtailed, rates of items dropping were severely reduced. Comms awards you needed for gear were also reduced, and how you get them was restricted even further. Why?

A few reasons:

To slow gear progression. There were tons of complaints about people gearing up too quickly. Well, this will help solve that little problem. This also allows them to be lazy and not add any new Flash Points to keep the people already geared but aren't raiding, satisfied. Instead it just encourages said geared players to rush through for their daily/weekly comm allotment.

Free 2 Play. Now that there isn't tons of Artifact quality items dropping from every Boss in a Flash Point, the ones that actually do drop, act as a big carrot towards getting Free 2 Play players to purchase the authorization from the Cartel Shop.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

FlyinSpaghetti
12.09.2012 , 07:02 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by KostonxEld View Post
What is wrong with all of you people?! If you want to do a full clear of a fp it will take an hour or more! A LOT of people just queue for these for quick Black Hole comms. If you wants waste strangers time, that's bad on you!
If you want a full clear, make friends, join a guild, whatever. But don't waste strangers time that want a quick run!
Or even better, roll a healer or tank character and YOU can dictate what the group kills. Some random DPS asking for a full clear in any of my groups will either go along with the quick run or get booted and replaced instantly by another DPS. Bad attitude? Maybe but I'm not here to waste time
If you joined via group finder and don't even want to attempt to get to the end IMO you are wasting everyone else's time. A flashpoint is not an op so I don't understand why you are using the term "full clear" but the content is designed for start to end runs rather than boss to boss, everyone's goal is to get to the end without wasting to much time and wiping.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Icestar
12.09.2012 , 08:42 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelvanMeerten View Post
So you want it to be done your way. Wonderfull "teamspirit" you are displaying. What you find fun, I find incredibly tedious and boring. What's next? You want attunements added to the game?
So, you honestly think it is such a gamebreaker for you to kill that extra boss eventhough it only takes 3 minutes.

You really, really proves my point in this thread
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Icestar
12.09.2012 , 08:45 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by KostonxEld View Post
Some random DPS asking for a full clear in any of my groups will either go along with the quick run or get booted and replaced instantly by another DPS. Bad attitude? Maybe but I'm not here to waste time
Please read my thread. I have never ever talked about a "full clear".

I am talking about the teams that always pass the bosses on the way and refuses to kill them eventhough there is someone in the team that can use what they drop.

All in all the extra bosskilling would take around a few extra minutes, a "full clear" would take ages but that is not up on the table here.
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla

Brittaany_Banks
12.09.2012 , 09:32 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
There has always been some kind of mobskipping in either small or large scale in flashpoints but the latest trend is simply wrong.

It seems that teams doing flashpoints skip some of the bosses and have no respect for the ones that are signing up to get better gear.

Please respect the players that join flashpoints with groupfinder to gear up, it is enough to wait for ages for them to pop.

Alternatively Bioware could make the flashpoint not complete unless all bosses are dead (the way it should be)

Thoughts?

Is it fair to ignore players in the team that needs gear and steamroll through the flashpoint not listening at all?
If you need gear simply ask the group prior to the Flashpoint if they wouldn't mind killing some of the bosses so they can get gear. 99.9% of groups have no problems doing so.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

DarknessInLight
12.09.2012 , 09:40 AM | #127
There has always been some kind of mobskipping in either small or large scale in flashpoints but the latest trend is simply wrong.

It seems that teams doing flashpoints skip some of the bosses and have no respect for the ones that are signing up to get better gear.

Please respect the players that join flashpoints with groupfinder to gear up, it is enough to wait for ages for them to pop.

Alternatively Bioware could make the flashpoint not complete unless all bosses are dead (the way it should be)

Thoughts?

Is it fair to ignore players in the team that needs gear and steamroll through the flashpoint not listening at all?
Some of those mobs and bosses that you want to defeat for gear(some of which isnt all that great, imo) are capable of wiping the entire team. Depending on the gear and experience makeup of the team, skipping some of the content is not necessarily a bad idea.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Sydexlic
12.09.2012 , 10:55 AM | #128
No, I would not change to tank only to play more often. I always play to have fun and to tank is not fun for me
As a DPS you will always be a passenger in the group. What the tank and healer wants is generally what the group will do, you don't like it? You can always step in to their role and take control for yourself.

And again, the gear is worthless, the time spent is a waste for the VAST majority of players out there to kill these mobs...because lord knows, I really need another tionese crystal to go with my collection of 1000, pretty sure it's been at the cap for months.

I don't need that crap even my companions don't need that crap. If I'm in there, I'm there for BH coms and BH coms alone. Sorry, but you are just another nameless face who happened to be in my group. I don't owe you anything and you don't deserve to have any expectations of me or my time.

Get your chance at columi gear at the end and be thankful for that and your daily BH com reward and put up.

Icestar
12.09.2012 , 12:11 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
If you need gear simply ask the group prior to the Flashpoint if they wouldn't mind killing some of the bosses so they can get gear. 99.9% of groups have no problems doing so.
That is exactly what I have asked every flashpoint while I was investigating this, and my conclusion is not 99,9% as you write. It is more like 5-10 % of the groups that agrees to do anything else then a "speed run".

Some are severe allergic to kill ONE mob except the outmost necessary and end up either leaving, starting a drama or ignoring me for asking.

If I only read your reply on the forum I might have believed you but I have done some research about this and my conclusion is that I do not agree with you
- Nikola Tesla

drgjed
12.09.2012 , 12:18 PM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
Some of those mobs and bosses that you want to defeat for gear(some of which isnt all that great, imo) are capable of wiping the entire team. Depending on the gear and experience makeup of the team, skipping some of the content is not necessarily a bad idea.
Shoot holes in your own arugment a lot? How does one get experience killing a boss? You read up on it and then do it. How does one get gear? You kill the bosses that drop the gear. Skipping bosses does not help with these things. Now yes I understant the desire of skipping. Heck I have even done it myself, a lot. Running the same FP's over and over on my sin tank on it's way to 50 (my 4th 50 btw) gets old quick. But if someone says hey I want to do the bonus boss I'll do it. I'll even sit throught CS's while you speed runners are screaming "SPACEBAR!!!!!11!!!!1!!!one!!!1!!!" just because one of the DPS'ers in the group hasn't experienced the content before.
Quote: Originally Posted by BunnyMage View Post
"Dear MMO maker. I have found that something in the game is still somewhat challenging. Please nerf it."

I really hate the mainstream sometimes.