Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggestion: Threat lowering ablities useful in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Suggestion: Threat lowering ablities useful in PvP

johnyangelo
11.22.2012 , 07:46 PM | #1
I got an idea what about make those threat lowering ablities useful in pvp?

It would be simple, when you press it, all enemies who are targeting you would get target cleared so they would have to target you again.
Would give you one or two global cds of time to do... anything... I can imagine it would be cool small aid for escaping.

What do you think?

Chlomamf
11.22.2012 , 07:49 PM | #2
They only have to press tab to target you again, so pretty useless.

ArchangelLBC
11.22.2012 , 07:50 PM | #3
Absolutely agreed. Warriors/Knights already get some use out of their threat drop (Focused Defense and Force Camo for Guardians and Sents respectively).

Something as simple as what you suggest would be great. Especially for Commandos/Mercs.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Jenzali
11.22.2012 , 08:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
That would be a dream come true if tab targeting actually worked when you wanted it to.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

SajPl
11.22.2012 , 08:16 PM | #5
Yay vanguards dont have a threat drop .

LoL-K-Noob
11.22.2012 , 08:43 PM | #6
Yes lets make it so when you use threat drop it makes pyrotechs and smashers target someone else

DirtyDusty
11.22.2012 , 09:02 PM | #7
Great idea

Smashbrother
11.22.2012 , 09:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by johnyangelo View Post
I got an idea what about make those threat lowering ablities useful in pvp?

It would be simple, when you press it, all enemies who are targeting you would get target cleared so they would have to target you again.
Would give you one or two global cds of time to do... anything... I can imagine it would be cool small aid for escaping.

What do you think?
That would be pretty cool. I'd support this.

Lejune
11.22.2012 , 09:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
GO PVP more and when a marauder/sentinel kills you first because you lost your target to execute and he still has his.....come back and post again.....?

Some of those abilities weren't supposed to be abused in pvp as they are. They were for pve purposes but when they show up in pvp, its like W T F do they need that with all the other defensive CD's they have.

foxmob
11.23.2012 , 12:08 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Absolutely agreed. Warriors/Knights already get some use out of their threat drop (Focused Defense and Force Camo for Guardians and Sents respectively).

Something as simple as what you suggest would be great. Especially for Commandos/Mercs.
the commando one has a natural affinity for reducing accuracy (ala pacify). it pops up like 4 or 5 copies of the commando to confuse the attacker. that would be a perfect sentinal pacify type abil. gawd knows commando dps need help.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH