Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'd Like An Armory

pjsimonis
11.22.2012 , 06:03 AM | #1
Hi All,

I'm not complaining, and I know this is still a new game. That being said something I'd like to see in the not so distant future is an online armory feature similar to the type that WoW has. As a long time subscriber of wow who has been converted to swtor, I found the armory to be a useful tool to research gear, and follow the efforts of friends. It was also useful when I was new to the game to study gear, and talent builds from experienced players. I guess after 8 years I had become used to feature. I'd also like to eventually see a mobile app feature that allows you access to similar features that the Wow version has. I liked being able to access auctions, chat with guildies, and look up the armory from anywhere. This obviously isn't a priority, but simply something I'd like to see down the road. This may even boost membership as it would help make transitioning from other mmo's that much easier. Thanks for reading, and have a Happy Thanksgiving.
The Force is with me. Always.

tankthing
11.29.2012 , 11:02 PM | #2
I'd like to second this.

I'd really like to see a guild roster updated on join or gquit by character in the guild and a character sheet dump updated in real time or on logout containing all the stats and gear by itemids and item names with all the mods in the gear. Preferably as XML so we can transform it however we like.

The intent would be to provide guild websites a full roster of members along with each member's gearing and stats that we could apply custom xslt to as a value add for our sites.

Extra bonus points for providing an additional one for guild achievements like clearing EC SM/HM/NM for example.

patchew
11.30.2012 , 04:57 AM | #3
Horrid thought.
Removes any effort of players to decide whats best to do for their character and creates models of "farm this place til you get this item and never go back" mentality.
let alone getting whispers from random people with messages like "oh, if you upgraded your item blahblah to blahblah you would get 0.011565% more accuracy and thus an extra 0.2276736736 dps from a figurative movement with minimal impact on CD regeneration" and then having to reply "F**/*/*/* off you fat spotty nerdy loser"

Once you go down this route, the game loses any mystique and entertainment value of "oooo thats a big upgrade, cooooool" or 'the screaming ***** fights about whether comps can roll need on items'.
all of this type of nerdy spreadsheet warrior stuff just kills off enjoyment of games and makes games in to jobs.
i dont want SWTOR to become WOW2, so anything that is synonymous with wow must never be replicated here.

We lead, wow follows .. dont forget that.

samuraischolar
11.30.2012 , 06:09 AM | #4
www.askmrrobot.com/swtor is the closest thing we have to an armory right now, but you can search for players that have made a profile and see their gear/specs etc.

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.30.2012 , 07:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by samuraischolar View Post
www.askmrrobot.com/swtor is the closest thing we have to an armory right now, but you can search for players that have made a profile and see their gear/specs etc.
^This.

I would like an armory-like tool someday as well.

DarthTHC
11.30.2012 , 07:49 AM | #6
Features like Armories are implemented by development teams that want to provide gamers a better experience and have money coming in hand-over-fist that they just don't know how to spend.

Compare and contrast that notion with EA and what's happening in this game...
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

lollie
11.30.2012 , 08:12 AM | #7
I'd like to be able to see what was in each of my character's cargo holds, having that info updated automatically.

CAUTION: DO NOT LOAD SWTOR UNLESS YOU HAVE AFTER-MARKET COOLING INSTALLED!!

KennethHoover
11.30.2012 , 09:03 AM | #8
I like this idea.
"I need an Ewok to fetch me coffee and donuts."

My professional writing blog: http://kennethmarkhoover.me

Deimias
11.30.2012 , 09:13 AM | #9
Armory would be a great feature. Love staring at my wow characters after they get an upgrade.

KiboshHD
11.30.2012 , 09:17 AM | #10
+1 an armory would be awesome