Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How come there is never any holiday events?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How come there is never any holiday events?

Soluss
11.22.2012 , 02:02 AM | #11
Because the lore junkies dont like fun.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Xandramos
11.22.2012 , 02:37 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
Because it was stated, back in Beta when this was asked, that there would be no holiday events in SWTOR that were based on real holidays.

There MAY eventually be a Life Day celebration, but there's no guarantee. Not everyone considers it canon, and no one knows for sure if Disney will reverse the decision on holidays, which was attributed to Lucas.
I cannot believe how cold hearted this man is.

It's LIFE day for cryin out loud. What's not to like???? I hope Disney reversed this stupid, stupid, stupid move.
"No joke about the most famous Corellian being named 'Solo' because no Corellian will trust another Corellian? Oh, yes, how about suggesting that Leia Organa took up with a Corellian because, hey, after the destruction of Alderaan, she had nothing else to lose."
―Corran Horn

Kazaganthis
11.22.2012 , 02:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Laris_Rai View Post
Because this isn't WOW.
Youre right. Lets continue to follow the plan thats failed. Good idea not taking ideas from other successful games.

DarthWoad
11.22.2012 , 02:59 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
I know this is Star Wars and all, but it would be nce to have some more events - especially on the holidays. Is it just me, or does this game lack events?
1. "Wouldnt fit in with the lore"

2. Bioware would have to add holiday events of every religion and culture (to avoid discrimination)

oakamp
11.22.2012 , 03:16 AM | #15
what holiday?
do u ever see skywalker family doing any holiday events?
English is not my first language, still working on it.

XeniteKT
11.22.2012 , 03:45 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by oakamp View Post
what holiday?
Guess your not old enough to remember the SW Christmas special.

Soluss
11.22.2012 , 03:46 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by oakamp View Post
what holiday?
lolz
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Icestar
11.22.2012 , 04:07 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazaganthis View Post
Perhaps you didnt play Rakghoul Outbreak. It was a BLAST!!!
We want events like this!

More events like this!