Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How come there is never any holiday events?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How come there is never any holiday events?

Individual's Avatar


Individual
11.22.2012 , 12:23 AM | #1
I know this is Star Wars and all, but it would be nce to have some more events - especially on the holidays. Is it just me, or does this game lack events?

Kazaganthis's Avatar


Kazaganthis
11.22.2012 , 12:34 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
I know this is Star Wars and all, but it would be nce to have some more events - especially on the holidays. Is it just me, or does this game lack events?
Weve had one event in almost a full year because that half finished abortion of an event Chevin doesnt count. A "galaxy wide" scavenger hunt taking one hour to finish on your starter planet and Nar Shadda isnt galaxy wide not is the unfinished mails and endings count. BUT thanks to their new interview they are going to "bring back the old events"...of which we had one. Rakghoul Outbreak, which was amazingly awesome. Get with it BW events are fun, give us something to do and earn rewards. Its definitely a nice change from the dailies you keep giving us as content.

Valethar's Avatar


Valethar
11.22.2012 , 12:46 AM | #3
Because it was stated, back in Beta when this was asked, that there would be no holiday events in SWTOR that were based on real holidays.

There MAY eventually be a Life Day celebration, but there's no guarantee. Not everyone considers it canon, and no one knows for sure if Disney will reverse the decision on holidays, which was attributed to Lucas.
"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

miglor's Avatar


miglor
11.22.2012 , 12:48 AM | #4
Theres no holidays or special events because BW fired 95% of their devs several months ago. The devs left are too busy swapping out textures on reused models and charging you 1200 cartel coins.

Kazaganthis's Avatar


Kazaganthis
11.22.2012 , 12:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Valethar View Post
Because it was stated, back in Beta when this was asked, that there would be no holiday events in SWTOR that were based on real holidays.

There MAY eventually be a Life Day celebration, but there's no guarantee. Not everyone considers it canon, and no one knows for sure if Disney will reverse the decision on holidays, which was attributed to Lucas.
Like so many other things they already changed their stance on this.

somethingwow's Avatar


somethingwow
11.22.2012 , 12:51 AM | #6
If they did, i dont think they would be that fun

Never send a imperial to do a sith job.

Kazaganthis's Avatar


Kazaganthis
11.22.2012 , 12:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by somethingwow View Post
If they did, i dont think they would be that fun
Perhaps you didnt play Rakghoul Outbreak. It was a BLAST!!!

somethingwow's Avatar


somethingwow
11.22.2012 , 12:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazaganthis View Post
Perhaps you didnt play Rakghoul Outbreak. It was a BLAST!!!
I did, it was kinda fun

Never send a imperial to do a sith job.

LoL-K-Noob's Avatar


LoL-K-Noob
11.22.2012 , 12:58 AM | #9
Same company that released a chest piece that is literally nothing as if your chest piece is unequipped, covert armor. Really a surprise they wont do stuff for holidays?

Laris_Rai's Avatar


Laris_Rai
11.22.2012 , 01:55 AM | #10
Because this isn't WOW.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson