Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Predation

tjallred
11.21.2012 , 10:49 PM | #1
So, I have not reached this ability yet but it looks awesome, is it all it cracks up to be? Does it really give everybody in your party the buff? This would seem kinda op in WZ, and may account for me feeling like the other team is everywhere at once. Any thought? So far I am so stoked for it because it sounds really awesome.
Been here since launch, play every day, still haven't gotten to 50. I have the alt-itis.

BlznSmri
11.21.2012 , 10:59 PM | #2
Given that you need 30 stacks of Fury/ Centering to use Predation, it's not all that OP, however it pretty much excels in Huttball for example.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

Rhinzual
11.23.2012 , 12:59 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by tjallred View Post
So, I have not reached this ability yet but it looks awesome, is it all it cracks up to be? Does it really give everybody in your party the buff? This would seem kinda op in WZ, and may account for me feeling like the other team is everywhere at once. Any thought? So far I am so stoked for it because it sounds really awesome.
It consumes 30 stacks of Fury to give 10 seconds of 10% melee and ranged defense. Since it's useless against force and tech attacks (yellow always hits), the usefulness is dependent on what the opposing team has for sources of damage.

darthnish
11.23.2012 , 01:05 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhinzual View Post
It consumes 30 stacks of Fury to give 10 seconds of 10% melee and ranged defense. Since it's useless against force and tech attacks (yellow always hits), the usefulness is dependent on what the opposing team has for sources of damage.
lol you dont pop predation for the ranged defence, you use it for the speed boost, speed> everything in pvp

Rhinzual
11.23.2012 , 01:11 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
lol you dont pop predation for the ranged defence, you use it for the speed boost, speed> everything in pvp
Sadly my luck often has me end up using a speed boost power only to get rooted/knocked-back later, so my experience with the movement buff has been lackluster as a result.

darthnish
11.23.2012 , 01:49 AM | #6
Sadly my luck often has me end up using a speed boost power only to get rooted/knocked-back later, so my experience with the movement buff has been lackluster as a result.
respec carnage, force camo removes roots. Alos carnage marauder's predation is 30% faster, best spec for rwzs

GARhenus
11.23.2012 , 03:20 AM | #7
It's okay, your teammates are still getting the speedbuff

Danicony
11.23.2012 , 05:42 AM | #8
Well OP, it is at least nice to open with in WZ, you get an ability which gives you instant 30 stacks, and if you feel like you won't be needing it cuz your team got good gear n stuff, I suggest popping it and use predation. That's just me though.

Rhinzual
11.23.2012 , 10:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GARhenus View Post
It's okay, your teammates are still getting the speedbuff
The entire ops team I take it?

BlznSmri
11.23.2012 , 10:25 AM | #10
The entire ops team I take it?
Within range yes.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us