Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK motivator for republic side

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK motivator for republic side

AndasKastor
11.21.2012 , 08:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Drahy View Post
Thank you my friend I will do that Let the force be with the republic! I will report if any strange dark things are present in my behaviour after doing this! Hope not!
I would suggest an imperial agent - consider him (or her) a double agent or a bounty hunter. The light side bounty hunter choices are anti-empire as I remember.

Good luck!

SilentKitty
11.21.2012 , 08:09 PM | #12
The bonus to Bounty Hunters in this matter is that they quite of then point out that they are now working for the Empire. Or that's at least how I remember it, it's been a while since I last played a BH.

Ohh... loved the reasoning for creating an LS agent. It's fun to rolepay

Rafaman
11.21.2012 , 09:29 PM | #13
An understandable quandary OP. I too look at the Imperial side with trepidation. They are the enemy. It is hard to imagine that within that throng of Sith tyranny there is hope for a greater Republic. But there is.

Meet Sarah. A slave, turned Sith, turned champion of the Republic. Her's is a long story. Too long to post here. Suffice it to say, that as a slave, she learned the value of freedom. But, she also learned what a corrupting force power can be.

Although sometimes conflicted, she is determined to do what she can for the greater good of all. She understands the good the Republic can do. But she also understands that, despite good intentions, the Republic exploits the weak. It is not immune to the unscrupulous trappings of self interest and power.

And so, Sarah has made an alliance of sorts. She will help the Republic and assist key individuals who she trusts are working for the greater good of all. But, she will do so on her own terms. She will bring down the Sith oligarchy from within using what ever means she deems necessary. The Republic, she will watch carefully.

Sarah will get an HK for the pubs. But she will also get one for herself.

hchsiao
11.21.2012 , 09:38 PM | #14
Just do what I did, I rolled bounty hunter. BH's act 1 story has nothing to do imp or whatever and the bonus price is that Mako is cute.

All you need is at least lv 12 and I am full light side BH. 15 will make your life much easier since it is huge zone to cover.

vian
11.21.2012 , 09:48 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentKitty View Post
The bonus to Bounty Hunters in this matter is that they quite of then point out that they are now working for the Empire. Or that's at least how I remember it, it's been a while since I last played a BH.

Ohh... loved the reasoning for creating an LS agent. It's fun to rolepay
Certainly is -- optionally combined with what the poster said above about protecting Imperial citizens against the sheer insanity of the Sith, combined with Chapter Two of the storyline, is fan-fragging-tastic. I am sooo steal--borrow--adapting that storyline for my tabletop RP group.
Two blasters; no waiting!

Xargyn
11.21.2012 , 10:34 PM | #16
They are dark from nature and their Hatred etc ... It is something I will not do if I can do it in another way. They are just "wrong" for me and I swore to protect force from the light and republic side only!
You're speaking in absolutes, which means you're already Dark sided. Only the Sith speak in absolutes!

This reminds me of the thing I liked most about playing a Light sided Sith Warrior... All the times I'd encounter Jedi who just wouldn't back down from a fight, no matter how adamant I was at trying to get them to calm down.
CE VIP Remember when this was a big deal?

Drahy
11.21.2012 , 11:33 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Xargyn View Post
You're speaking in absolutes, which means you're already Dark sided. Only the Sith speak in absolutes!

This reminds me of the thing I liked most about playing a Light sided Sith Warrior... All the times I'd encounter Jedi who just wouldn't back down from a fight, no matter how adamant I was at trying to get them to calm down.
Someone who says that dark side is bad and wrong and they stepped from the good way in nothing but true! Also no absolutes in a metter of speaking - just true and how it is.

Caelrie
11.21.2012 , 11:39 PM | #18
They are dark from nature and their Hatred etc ... It is something I will not do if I can do it in another way. They are just "wrong" for me and I swore to protect force from the light and republic side only!
Play a bounty hunter or agent then. You only need to get to about level 16.

If you absolutely refuse to do this, then you simply can't have HK-51.

HisShadowX
11.22.2012 , 12:00 AM | #19
Problem is he does not believe in the Empire at all. There are way too many Light Sided options for various Sith Classes and sometimes you feel pushed to go Light Side. You'd be suprised on the Empire side how many people roll Dark side characters.

myolinyr
11.22.2012 , 12:04 AM | #20
what the...?