Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakata, Columi, Tionese

TrumpetNut
11.21.2012 , 06:38 PM | #1
I have the full War hero PvP gear set and for looks I want the tionese rakata or Columi Helmets then put the PvP mods in it. I like the Columi and Rakata's colors the most so im going to try for those unless the tionese is WAY easier to get. So I want a simple answer. How do you get the crystals and comms for a tionese and or Columi (forget rakata its in ops) ik its in HM FP's but which one will give me more of the stuff to get tionese or Columi? I just want the fastest way to get tionese or columi style helmet. Whichever is faster to get tell me. Also how to get them and what is the fastest way to get them.

Wonkadude
11.21.2012 , 07:41 PM | #2
wait for 1.6, you get 99 free tionese commendations on any level 50, and the crystals will no longer be needed to buy gear. http://www.swtor.com/test-center/patchnotes
EDIT: cost will be dramatically reduced in comms too dulfy has all the info here: http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-pa...nder-missions/

TrumpetNut
11.21.2012 , 09:43 PM | #3
So let me get this straight... In 1.6 no more BM gear and Tionese will require only a low amount of Comms? (OMG new PvP XD thats great) This should be cool.

TrumpetNut
11.21.2012 , 09:55 PM | #4
Are they lowering the War hero gear's stats since it is now just requiring WZ comms instead of WZ and RWZ comms? Will the Elite War Hero stuff cost the same as the old prices for the War hero gear or will it be more/less? Im assuming that the Regular WH stuff wil now cost the same as BM? Thx for the help ppl!

Stormtrooperge
11.22.2012 , 02:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wonkadude View Post
wait for 1.6, you get 99 free tionese commendations on any level 50, and the crystals will no longer be needed to buy gear. http://www.swtor.com/test-center/patchnotes
EDIT: cost will be dramatically reduced in comms too dulfy has all the info here: http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-pa...nder-missions/
i hope this is true, this will help all the new 50s and i'm a returning player with 2 50s and nothing but recruit gear :/

trigstar
12.11.2012 , 01:36 PM | #6
What the freaking hell! This is bull, we worked hard to get our gear, now they're just handing it out like nothing!?

Even if it is only Tionese, it's still heck of an annoyance to see!
Hello I am Rędd/ Old-Red, Founder of Republic Honor on the server Harbinger and I'm happy where I am, We've gone through troubles like any other guild and we're doing just fine.
http://rephonor.enjin.com
RIP: SWG, Ahazi

mikebevo
12.11.2012 , 01:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by trigstar View Post
What the freaking hell! This is bull, we worked hard to get our gear, now they're just handing it out like nothing!?

Even if it is only Tionese, it's still heck of an annoyance to see!
It is a small step above daily gear, they are giving it away for nothing because it is worth nothing. Most of us are having 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th alt hit 50 now and be full Campaign/Black Hole, fully augmented with rakata implants within 30 mins.

Also where did you work hard to get Tionese? I thought Tionese dropped in HMFP and SM KP and EV.

As far as I am concerned they should be giving away Columi, it would at least make my job easier than healing recruit gear tanks in HMFP.

sumuser
12.11.2012 , 02:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
As far as I am concerned they should be giving away Columi, it would at least make my job easier than healing recruit gear tanks in HMFP.
LoL

What would be the point of Tionese then?

In general though, I'm glad tionese is basically being given out now. Before, if you wanted to run HMs (assuming you didn't want to grind out SM HMs only to re-grind columi in HM), you had to get your free PvP recruit. I think it makes more sense for people to start their grind in tionese rather then recruit!
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior

Khevar
12.11.2012 , 03:34 PM | #9
I remember when my very first toon hit 50 and I was reading up on the different things I would need to do to get geared.

Doing dailies for grade 23 barrels, Story Mode Level 50 flashpoints before Hard Mode, etc., etc. The first few pieces of Tionese that dropped in a flashpoint were an upgrade for me. I remember when I won my first piece of Columi, it was an accomplishment. (I suddenly have the urge to write a children's book "My First Columi" )

When Black Hole/Campaign gear was released it was very exciting to work on getting a full set.

Now everything is so easily obtained. Any new players that hit level 50 for the first time won't get the same feeling. Too bad, actually.

DawnAskham
12.11.2012 , 03:54 PM | #10
Why is providing free Tionese bad?

At this point, they should be handing out Columni and having it drop off every boss in level 50 FPs with the last boss dropping Rakata given that anyone with a main running EC / TFB even in story mode can pass along Rakata and better items to their alts using legacy gear and anyone able to make or buy a pile of credits can simply buy Campaign / BH gear off the GTN.

And there was a huge missed opportunity to support the crafting end game by allowing all this (Tionese / Columni / Rakata) gear to RE to schematics months ago when EC was released and unbind the crafted Rakata items such that all this level of gear could have been sold to other players.

Add to the above poster, no one will ever get the same feeling now as those who leveled to 50 a year ago felt as the game has moved on.

It just isn't possible for a new 50 to share the same sense of adventure with other fresh 50s as they will most likely end up grouped with players who over gear everything, have done it 100 times, and who just want to finish it fast for comms and thus will skip everything possible while spamming space bar on any and all conversations.

As such, anything that allows new, returning, or alts the chance to catch up gear wise and be able to participate in current content is good for the overall health of the game.