Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DO NOT BUY the HK-51 character perk on a sub-50 character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
DO NOT BUY the HK-51 character perk on a sub-50 character

BenjaminminU
11.21.2012 , 04:20 PM | #1
Sorry for the caps in the title but this is a warning to everyone with lower levelled characters. I just spent a number of cartel coins to unlock HK-51 for my level 44 jedi guardian, seeing him equipped with the same starter gear my level 50 Bounty Hunter had for him, i thought "oh wonderful, this should make class missions easier"

But then as soon as I take him into combat I notice he dies incredibly easily. None of his gear stats are counted, I also get a red flashing thing above his portrait telling me he no longer meets the requirements to have the gear equipped.

I find this a really lazy option by the devs who could have scaled the gear down or just removed the level restriction like they do for all other companions in the game, as I have now wasted a large amount of cartel coins on what is essensially a ship ornament for now.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

monkgryphon
11.21.2012 , 04:22 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
Sorry for the caps in the title but this is a warning to everyone with lower levelled characters. I just spent a number of cartel coins to unlock HK-51 for my level 44 jedi guardian, seeing him equipped with the same starter gear my level 50 Bounty Hunter had for him, i thought "oh wonderful, this should make class missions easier"

But then as soon as I take him into combat I notice he dies incredibly easily. None of his gear stats are counted, I also get a red flashing thing above his portrait telling me he no longer meets the requirements to have the gear equipped.

I find this a really lazy option by the devs who could have scaled the gear down or just removed the level restriction like they do for all other companions in the game, as I have now wasted a large amount of cartel coins on what is essensially a ship ornament for now.
Read around the forums, this is a known bug. The gear is supposed to scale, but it isn't. There are already several threads about this very topic.

Search function does exist here.

Jandi
11.21.2012 , 04:27 PM | #3
Just take cybertech, it's great while leveling anyways cause of armoring/mods you can make and spend your planetary comms on something else.

BenjaminminU
11.21.2012 , 04:34 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by monkgryphon View Post
Read around the forums, this is a known bug. The gear is supposed to scale, but it isn't. There are already several threads about this very topic.

Search function does exist here.
So the gear is supposed to scale, ah well. My point still stands until they fix the bug.
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

Jandi
11.21.2012 , 04:35 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
So the gear is supposed to scale, ah well. My point still stands until they fix the bug.
Stand or not, posting about a known issue that is on the priority list for things to patch is pointless.

Soluss
11.21.2012 , 05:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Stand or not, posting about a known issue that is on the priority list for things to patch is pointless.
Its not pointless. It draws attention to it. Some people dont read the known issues thread but may see this post. You are not a forum mod so if you dont like the thread then dont read it. You have no business telling him what he should and shouldnt be posting.

PS... Pretty sad they have been working on HK since beta and he still has bugs pfffff
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Tatebomb
11.21.2012 , 05:53 PM | #7
Oh please. Just get some Droid armor for him and a nice rifle till they fix it. HK-51 is so OP it's crazy for lowbies.
Jedi Covenant:

Gothrik: 50 vanguard; Koracks: 50 sent ; Xeen 44 jugg; Gothric: 50 merc

Jandi
11.21.2012 , 07:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
Its not pointless. It draws attention to it. Some people dont read the known issues thread but may see this post. You are not a forum mod so if you dont like the thread then dont read it. You have no business telling him what he should and shouldnt be posting.

PS... Pretty sad they have been working on HK since beta and he still has bugs pfffff
Oh the irony. If you don't like my post then don't read it and who are you to tell me what I can and cannot post? LOL, see the funny?

Arkerus
11.21.2012 , 08:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post

Its pointless. Get over it.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Anti_Bodies
11.21.2012 , 08:20 PM | #10
when u guys say scale, do u mean that when u level from level 42 to 43, HK's gear will go from 42 to 43? OR if u buy him at 42, his gear is at 42 and u gotta get him new gear at some point.