[Makeb not delayed][ARMOR DYES][Old events!] - Dulfys interview with Damion Schubert

Nanglez

Dulfy's Interview with Damion Schubert

I'm surprised more people haven't talked about these interesting tidbits!

Armor dye comment in title is speculation based on how Damion responded. I would love to say this has been confirmed, but the response elude's to discussion having been had about it. xD

Interesting Information

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armor dyes?

Q: Armor dyes can introduce a great detail of personalization and variety for players in addition to all the unique armor models. Is there a plan to introduce this feature in the Cartel Market or are there technical limitations that would prevent this?

A: No comment. Oh, how I would love to. But I can’t. Yet."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Makeb is still set for its target date. (I notice alot of whingers saying "STUPID F2P DELAYED MAKEB" - this quote directly flies in the face of that.)

Q: With regards to Makeb/Level cap increase and other stuff mentioned in E3 of this year, has the FTP launch affected the release timing of these new content? Is there an approximate date when we can expect the release of these?

A: The Free to Play option and Cartel Market were built by an entirely different team, in order to ensure the Makeb team remained completely focused on their target date. We definitely have a date in mind, and there should be news about that coming soon!

ORIGINAL ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT MAKEB -

Beginning of video says "Coming this year to Star Wars: The Old Republic"

Also they plan on bringing back the Rakghoul event!

Q:. With the introduction of the Event Equipment Requisition authorization in the Cartel Market, will we see more frequent world events in the future?

A: We definitely have more events planned – we plan to introduce several in the next year. We also plan on bringing some old events back, so players should definitely see the pace of events accelerate considerably over the course of 2013.

Edited by Nanglez

Q: Armor dyes can introduce a great detail of personalization and variety for players in addition to all the unique armor models. Is there a plan to introduce this feature in the Cartel Market or are there technical limitations that would prevent this?

A: No comment. Oh, how I would love to. But I can’t. Yet."

When the game was in Beta, it had the unify colour thing but in a bit more of a basic form. The feature about gear appearance was pulled at launch and eventually brought back in as the Unify colours thing which wasnt that different from memory. But the thing is, they said they had pulled it because it needed work and the new version was going to be proper epic. This could be what is being referred to above. I think this is a feature that has been in the works for a very long time.

You should distill and bottle your optimism because it's bordering on delusional, that's how awesome it is. :)

I'd love to hear more about how my optimism borders being delusional.. Pretty sure ALL I've said is I'll remain optimistic that they pump it out sometime late 2012? So do tell champ.

I'd love to hear more about how my optimism borders being delusional.. Pretty sure ALL I've said is I'll remain optimistic that they pump it out sometime late 2012? So do tell champ.

You misunderstood me. I didn't mean it as a negative. For anyone to have optimism at this point is astounding to me.

You misunderstood me. I didn't mean it as a negative. For anyone to have optimism at this point is astounding to me.

Well out of everything in that video, we've gotten most of it. 1.6 seems to be bringing the rest of what was mentioned except for Makeb. Meaning that 1.7 is likely to be Makeb? So from the day 1.6 goes live, 6-8 weeks down the track we'll hopefully see Makeb.

I dont like the idea of returning events. There should be new event at least once every month or two. Instead we wil have two new events a year and more and more old ones. They will be become like regular quests, only you can do them once a year.

I dont like the idea of returning events. There should be new event at least once every month or two. Instead we wil have two new events a year and more and more old ones. They will be become like regular quests, only you can do them once a year.

Considering the amount of testing that went in to the Rakghoul event... Let's just say an event once a month would mean poor quality events all the time, instead of an awesome event every few months. The Chevin Arm's race was terrible, and was also evidently rushed out to try keep the players happy.. I'd rather they take their time.

Considering the amount of testing that went in to the Rakghoul event... Let's just say an event once a month would mean poor quality events all the time, instead of an awesome event every few months. The Chevin Arm's race was terrible, and was also evidently rushed out to try keep the players happy.. I'd rather they take their time.

And yet they had 6 months to test the Chevin event. There is no excuse. BW hasnt tested a single thing. Every patch breaks more and more. As for things not being delayed you do realize we are already supposed to be done the dread masters right? This was all datamined at launch. They pushed EVERYTHING back to launch F2P ,which is broken as hell look at the Cartel Store, regardless of how much they claim they are on schedule.

Edited by Kazaganthis