Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Makeb not delayed][ARMOR DYES][Old events!] - Dulfys interview with Damion Schubert

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
[Makeb not delayed][ARMOR DYES][Old events!] - Dulfys interview with Damion Schubert

Nanglez
11.21.2012 , 12:38 PM | #1
Dulfy's Interview with Damion Schubert

I'm surprised more people haven't talked about these interesting tidbits!

Armor dye comment in title is speculation based on how Damion responded. I would love to say this has been confirmed, but the response elude's to discussion having been had about it. xD

Interesting Information

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Armor dyes?

Quote:
Q: Armor dyes can introduce a great detail of personalization and variety for players in addition to all the unique armor models. Is there a plan to introduce this feature in the Cartel Market or are there technical limitations that would prevent this?

A: No comment. Oh, how I would love to. But I canít. Yet."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Makeb is still set for its target date. (I notice alot of whingers saying "STUPID F2P DELAYED MAKEB" - this quote directly flies in the face of that.)

Quote:
Q: With regards to Makeb/Level cap increase and other stuff mentioned in E3 of this year, has the FTP launch affected the release timing of these new content? Is there an approximate date when we can expect the release of these?
A: The Free to Play option and Cartel Market were built by an entirely different team, in order to ensure the Makeb team remained completely focused on their target date. We definitely have a date in mind, and there should be news about that coming soon!
ORIGINAL ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT MAKEB - Original Trailer Here
Beginning of video says "Coming this year to Star Wars: The Old Republic"

Also they plan on bringing back the Rakghoul event!
Quote:
Q:. With the introduction of the Event Equipment Requisition authorization in the Cartel Market, will we see more frequent world events in the future?
A: We definitely have more events planned Ė we plan to introduce several in the next year. We also plan on bringing some old events back, so players should definitely see the pace of events accelerate considerably over the course of 2013.

Crawelc
11.21.2012 , 12:40 PM | #2
So the 300 plus dna samples sitting in my bank may have value again? Cant believe I missed that tidbit when I first read the interview.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Nanglez
11.21.2012 , 12:42 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
So the 300 plus dna samples sitting in my bank may have value again? Cant believe I missed that tidbit when I first read the interview.
I know right, i have a couple of hundred myself i'll be glad to get a chance to spend.

Lostpenguins
11.21.2012 , 12:57 PM | #4
Did they give a date for Makeb and level increase? I could of sworn they said by the end of this year, but not sure. Regardless... I can't see Makeb and the level increase coming out in 2012.

chuixupu
11.21.2012 , 01:25 PM | #5
Just for the record, there have been threads about this already

Dulfy's original thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=556330

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=558928
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

TheSeventhJedi
11.21.2012 , 03:10 PM | #6
And, in fairness, he doesn't say they're on target for release this year - he said they remain focused on their target release date. They can easily remain focused on it as it passes them by...
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

smexymage
11.21.2012 , 03:15 PM | #7
Quote:
Q: Armor dyes can introduce a great detail of personalization and variety for players in addition to all the unique armor models. Is there a plan to introduce this feature in the Cartel Market or are there technical limitations that would prevent this?

A: No comment. Oh, how I would love to. But I canít. Yet."
When the game was in Beta, it had the unify colour thing but in a bit more of a basic form. The feature about gear appearance was pulled at launch and eventually brought back in as the Unify colours thing which wasnt that different from memory. But the thing is, they said they had pulled it because it needed work and the new version was going to be proper epic. This could be what is being referred to above. I think this is a feature that has been in the works for a very long time.
. Never Forget

Uluain
11.21.2012 , 03:28 PM | #8
So, either 1.6 is not the last content patch of the year, or 1.6 will include content not on the PTS, or Makeb is, in fact, delayed. I'd love to know which. Too bad BW won't talk about it.

Mateops
11.21.2012 , 03:35 PM | #9
Assume its delayed and if your surprised it will be agood one.

Nanglez
11.21.2012 , 11:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mateops View Post
Assume its delayed and if your surprised it will be agood one.
There are still 6 weeks left in the Year. I guess i'll remain optimistic for an anniversary time release.