Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.6. = best pvp patch so far. Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.6. = best pvp patch so far. Why?

Crawelc
11.21.2012 , 01:02 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkoman View Post
the new gear is a time sink though plain and simple and they are calling it content.
quoted for truth.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

lokdron
11.21.2012 , 01:17 PM | #12
Not for me apart from the WH gear change i am still waiting for my sorc DPS buff.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Technohic
11.21.2012 , 01:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Not for me apart from the WH gear change i am still waiting for my sorc DPS buff.
For some reason, they wait and slip those in when it goes to live. Like the last anni marauder nerf. So keep your fingers crossed that its a buff and not a nerf to something no one is complaining about.

NoTomorrow
11.21.2012 , 01:35 PM | #14
People that said there was no gear discrepancy and only skill in swtor, now are sad that they cannot maintain that advantage longer in 1.6
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Capt_Beers
11.21.2012 , 01:35 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
Keith I hardly ever see you in wzs anymore, you playing weird hours now or something. I used to see you at least once a day.
My name is Keith and I'm an altoholic.

I still play a lot but I've been mainly banking comms on my Shadow, leveling my Vanguard and Merc, doing raids and leveling crew skills. I don't know how people say there is nothing to do in this game. I constantly find myself with too much to do.

I should be PvPing on my Commando a lot more now since I'm going to wait until 1.6 to get my Shadow to 50. Now I can get him his WH gear as well as the rest of my alts so they have it ready for 50. If only I didn't just buy the whole BM Stalker /sigh.

I'm also really looking forward to the new WZ. You should check out Dulfy's site for the write up and vid. It looks like it's going to be awesome.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

filipesantana
11.21.2012 , 01:40 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by johnyangelo View Post
Why do I think that?

1) WH gear for a cost of current BM gear = more ppl with decent equip = smaller gear gap.

2) EWH vs. WH. EWH has only SLIGHT stat increase (rating 146 vs 150 - now bm wh is 140 vs 146).

3) new lvl 50 players can save up more than 7000 commendations = almost full WH gear once they hit lvl 50 + augments = again less gear gap and suffering for new players, more competitive play.

4) with the price on WH gear; getting fully agmented remodded WH set will be very cheap and fast = getting competitive gear very easily.

PS: I have toons with full modded WH gear and yes I'd LOVE to see more properly equipped players in warzones. I do think that 1.6. prices changes are more than welcome for the most people. Especially for the true pvpers who seeks competition and proper fight. Yes teamwork and fully EWH equipped ppl will have an edge still, BUT average pvp players or smaller groups of them will be able to do much more in wzs.

PSS: New wz is cool, totally cool and will require some proper cooradination when two decent groups meet.

TL;DR - the cheaper the proper pvp gear gets and the smaller the gear gap is, the more equal warzones are = more fun. Hopefully.
How do u save up more than 7k coms...or even 7k..?

Erechon
11.21.2012 , 01:45 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by filipesantana View Post
How do u save up more than 7k coms...or even 7k..?
4500 rated + 2750 normal coms = 7250 comms

1.5 raised the limit bar

TheronFett
11.21.2012 , 01:46 PM | #18
Meh.

The new gear creates problems with players who are currently still grinding to WH, and still have several BM pieces. They'll essentially be knocked down a tier and be in a tougher spot than fresh 50's who have comms saved up to get the newer stuff. The same thing happened to players when they got rid of the last gear grind and the old Centurion sets.

CharterMonkKent
11.21.2012 , 01:48 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Meh.

The new gear creates problems with players who are currently still grinding to WH, and still have several BM pieces. They'll essentially be knocked down a tier and be in a tougher spot than fresh 50's who have comms saved up to get the newer stuff. The same thing happened to players when they got rid of the last gear grind and the old Centurion sets.
those players have nearly 6 weeks to max coms, same as pre-50s
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

darthmorbous
11.21.2012 , 01:54 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Yeah augmented BM gear is slightly below stock WH and if you take a little bit of time for a quick min max on some of the items you are right there I really hopes this cuts down the QQ for the gear gap as there really will not be one anymore seeing as it took me two months (dead server) to get my WH gear (no complaints it kept me subbed) this should really level things out.
Yah , im a returning player that löeft with full BM, i started to get facerolled now so i started to augment it, couple days after and i can kill again
Trevise Jedi Shadow
Karkus Tritonos, Sith Marauder
Hanunaki ; assassin