Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.6. = best pvp patch so far. Why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1.6. = best pvp patch so far. Why?

johnyangelo
11.21.2012 , 11:00 AM | #1
Why do I think that?

1) WH gear for a cost of current BM gear = more ppl with decent equip = smaller gear gap.

2) EWH vs. WH. EWH has only SLIGHT stat increase (rating 146 vs 150 - now bm wh is 140 vs 146).

3) new lvl 50 players can save up more than 7000 commendations = almost full WH gear once they hit lvl 50 + augments = again less gear gap and suffering for new players, more competitive play.

4) with the price on WH gear; getting fully agmented remodded WH set will be very cheap and fast = getting competitive gear very easily.

PS: I have toons with full modded WH gear and yes I'd LOVE to see more properly equipped players in warzones. I do think that 1.6. prices changes are more than welcome for the most people. Especially for the true pvpers who seeks competition and proper fight. Yes teamwork and fully EWH equipped ppl will have an edge still, BUT average pvp players or smaller groups of them will be able to do much more in wzs.

PSS: New wz is cool, totally cool and will require some proper cooradination when two decent groups meet.

TL;DR - the cheaper the proper pvp gear gets and the smaller the gear gap is, the more equal warzones are = more fun. Hopefully.

Paulman
11.21.2012 , 11:06 AM | #2
BM gear isn't hard to get and is pretty decent. The problem I see is that people don't want to spend the money to mod it.

cycao
11.21.2012 , 11:17 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulman View Post
BM gear isn't hard to get and is pretty decent. The problem I see is that people don't want to spend the money to mod it.
Yeah augmented BM gear is slightly below stock WH and if you take a little bit of time for a quick min max on some of the items you are right there I really hopes this cuts down the QQ for the gear gap as there really will not be one anymore seeing as it took me two months (dead server) to get my WH gear (no complaints it kept me subbed) this should really level things out.

CharterMonkKent
11.21.2012 , 11:20 AM | #4
I'm pretty excited for the new WZ. It's going to take more teamwork than huttball in order to excel at it.

Other changes look great so far too.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Capt_Beers
11.21.2012 , 12:06 PM | #5
This patch is terrible for PVP!!!!

Now everyone will unsub because they will just see they're bad and it wasn't all gear gap.

Seriously though,should make PvP more evenly matched in the gear aspect but no amount of gear will fix:

- People walking through the fire. On purpose. Mind = bottled.

- People who still stand on the goal line with a leapy guy w/ the ball in the pit or on the edge at all. Seriously there is no reason to be there. Played my first ever PvP match on my lvl 11 Sentinel, scored all three of our goals in this manner.

- The guy I solo capped on while he had 100% health. Stealth up like a BAU5 > Stun > start cap > he breaks > Force Lift > lightning fast cap start > cap is complete as he touches the ground. No discipline on breaker use.

- Being out of position, not responding to incs, not calling incs or being baited away from nodes.

- No class knowledge. Had a guy on here get mad at me the other day because I quoted him and said I stopped reading at, and I quote, "I'm not sure if PT's have stealth or not."

- Seeing this a lot more recently. Two people guarding the node when we only have one and are struggling to get another. I pointed this out to someone and they called me elitist. I don't even...

Hopefully people will learn that these are the things that lose WZ not only the other team being in better gear now that everyone should be pretty close together in stats.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | Kee'th 55 Pyrotech

UGLYMRJ
11.21.2012 , 12:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
This patch is terrible for PVP!!!!

Now everyone will unsub because they will just see they're bad and it wasn't all gear gap.

Seriously though,should make PvP more evenly matched in the gear aspect but no amount of gear will fix:

- People walking through the fire. On purpose. Mind = bottled.

- People who still stand on the goal line with a leapy guy w/ the ball in the pit or on the edge at all. Seriously there is no reason to be there. Played my first ever PvP match on my lvl 11 Sentinel, scored all three of our goals in this manner.

- The guy I solo capped on while he had 100% health. Stealth up like a BAU5 > Stun > start cap > he breaks > Force Lift > lightning fast cap start > cap is complete as he touches the ground. No discipline on breaker use.

- Being out of position, not responding to incs, not calling incs or being baited away from nodes.

- No class knowledge. Had a guy on here get mad at me the other day because I quoted him and said I stopped reading at, and I quote, "I'm not sure if PT's have stealth or not."

- Seeing this a lot more recently. Two people guarding the node when we only have one and are struggling to get another. I pointed this out to someone and they called me elitist. I don't even...

Hopefully people will learn that these are the things that lose WZ not only the other team being in better gear now that everyone should be pretty close together in stats.
Sooooo.... not much has changed...

Capt_Beers
11.21.2012 , 12:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Sooooo.... not much has changed...
Yeah but now people will have to stop themselves when they think they lost because the other team was fully augmented WH because they will be too.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | Kee'th 55 Pyrotech

UGLYMRJ
11.21.2012 , 12:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Yeah but now people will have to stop themselves when they think they lost because the other team was fully augmented WH because they will be too.
There will always be an excuse tho...

Crawelc
11.21.2012 , 12:49 PM | #9
Keith I hardly ever see you in wzs anymore, you playing weird hours now or something. I used to see you at least once a day.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Darkoman
11.21.2012 , 01:00 PM | #10
i personally see this as a time sink for veteran players. I mean seriously lets get rid of the bottom tier of gear and make the current top tier the bottom tier and easier to get. Then we make everyone grind gear ALL OVER AGAIN in order to have the same comparative stats to their peers. I mean it is just plain silly. I love the game, new war zone sounds great, the new gear is a time sink though plain and simple and they are calling it content.
Member of Pathfinder; a sub-group of the Jedi Order assigned to locate and protect initiate force users
SWTOR-RP Guide