Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Battlemaster Gear is Gone in 1.6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Battlemaster Gear is Gone in 1.6

Stoofa
11.22.2012 , 10:37 AM | #61
I'd have assumed it stays as is. I've still got Centurion armour dotted around various companions and some champion gear too.
It's still "in the game" just no longer obtainable.

Was most upset when I returned to PvP to find all my Centurion armour was for the most part worse than recruit.

QuietGoneJinn
11.22.2012 , 11:45 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by GARhenus View Post
you get to kick more *** before 1.6 comes, plus you have every WH piece you need to trade in for the EWH set, aka early advantage

by the time they have their WH set, you'll be in complete/near complete, optimized EWH gear
Well actually I don't have any of the armor pieces. Just the implants/relics/Elite weapons (Weapon Master Sabers and Vindicator Offhand [for mods]).

The point I was trying to make is "Why continually play SWTOR?" If they are bending to every whim of the players so that gear progression is given out (And probably in the near future bought) why dedicate yourself to this game?"

I think this is one of the areas where Bioware are inexperienced with MMOs. They don't understand that if you make someone kill themselves to get something, then turn around and hand it out to all the newcomers for free, people are going to just start leaving.

Why pay each month and play frequently if you can just leave for 4 months and come back, buy all the repriced gear and be just as competitive as you would have been if you stuck around and paid $100 and played 300 hours?

GARhenus
11.22.2012 , 11:47 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookubus View Post
no becuse i have to do the 3-1 ratio grind while they go 1-1....... i might have 3 or 4 EWH pieces by th time they get full wh....
so basically you'll still have the advantage of having more EWH pieces than the others... in the first couple of weeks at least. by the time they get full EWH yours is probably minmaxed already... and you get to enjoy WH advantage pre 1.6

Wookubus
11.22.2012 , 08:10 PM | #64
how bout they give me or anybody with full wh set a 1-1 ratio for getting EWH.. sound fair seeing as we already did 3-1 and new commers bypass it.. never happen but wishful thinking

Lightrider
11.22.2012 , 09:25 PM | #65
So, if you're just starting to grind BM gear, is it better to save up your comms, and not waste them on buying BM pieces?

zorroazul
11.25.2012 , 12:16 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightrider View Post
So, if you're just starting to grind BM gear, is it better to save up your comms, and not waste them on buying BM pieces?
That's right, pal. Better save those comms for 1.6.

GARhenus
11.25.2012 , 07:48 PM | #67
If you have more than half of the WH pieces right now, might as well complete them

Otherwise, it would be better to wait for the next patch

Once 1.6 goes live the debate would be this:

Should you trade back all your rated wz comms to regular once 1.6 comes to get as much WH pieces or save them up for buying EWH since the difference is smaller

going for early augmented WH set vs slower augmented EWH... I'd personally go for early augmented WH but it won't be as cost-efficient as saving the ranked comms for EWH. not sure yet

rob_y
11.28.2012 , 04:48 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by QuietGoneJinn View Post
Why pay each month and play frequently if you can just leave for 4 months and come back, buy all the repriced gear and be just as competitive as you would have been if you stuck around and paid $100 and played 300 hours?
To have fun?
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

DroidDreamer
11.28.2012 , 06:14 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by GARhenus View Post
If you have more than half of the WH pieces right now, might as well complete them

Otherwise, it would be better to wait for the next patch

Once 1.6 goes live the debate would be this:

Should you trade back all your rated wz comms to regular once 1.6 comes to get as much WH pieces or save them up for buying EWH since the difference is smaller

going for early augmented WH set vs slower augmented EWH... I'd personally go for early augmented WH but it won't be as cost-efficient as saving the ranked comms for EWH. not sure yet
On that last point: In 1.6, there is no reason to wait to augment any more if you have the cash because WH armoring mods carry the set bonus. Transfer your mods to your favorite orange gear and add your augments. Then when you grind the same EWH piece, transfer the mods again. Or you could augment the WH shell and transfer the EWH into that shell if you like the look of the WH shell. That's a welcome change from the BM days where the set bonus was tied to the shell and you could not augment until you had the WH piece unless you liked the look of the BM gear. Thanks, Devs!
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

onlinelegend
11.30.2012 , 05:43 AM | #70
If BM gear goes ill just cry like this =,'<