Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Battlemaster Gear is Gone in 1.6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Battlemaster Gear is Gone in 1.6

AMKSED
11.21.2012 , 11:02 AM | #21
Its still the same amount of grinding to get the EWH but now the gear gap between fresh 50s is even bigger. What a great update......:-/

SgtBranham
11.21.2012 , 11:03 AM | #22
But the stat difference is so minimal that it doesn't really matter if you don't grind it out. I for one will be becuase i like having the best but others won't have to do this to be competitive. Hopefully it will help the ranked scene. Taking away gear access as a barrier to entry.

Simbr
11.21.2012 , 11:30 AM | #23
why do they keep getting rid of gear? Surely they should be adding more. So that's Recruit, Centurion, Champion and now Battlemaster gear removed, for WH the ugliest armor in history

People will still whine about the gear gap, so why have one at all? Just give everyone everything now , that's the direction this game is going in. Perhaps they should sell Valor via CC's or is that being removed as well?

cycao
11.21.2012 , 12:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
Its still the same amount of grinding to get the EWH but now the gear gap between fresh 50s is even bigger. What a great update......:-/
How is it bigger? You now go right from recruit to WH which is the same as what BM is currently...that sounds pretty legit to me.

UGLYMRJ
11.21.2012 , 12:07 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
How is it bigger? You now go right from recruit to WH which is the same as what BM is currently...that sounds pretty legit to me.
SO summary of all the stats and math that people are posting that hurts my brain is.... WH post 1.6 = BM pre 1.6 stat wise?

If so... why wouldn't they keep the BM gear since it looks different. I'm tired of "new gear" just being a different color.

Cusomtization junkie if you couldn't tell.

Jadescythe
11.21.2012 , 12:09 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
SO summary of all the stats and math that people are posting that hurts my brain is.... WH post 1.6 = BM pre 1.6 stat wise?

If so... why wouldn't they keep the BM gear since it looks different. I'm tired of "new gear" just being a different color.

Cusomtization junkie if you couldn't tell.
Cost wise. So you can get WH for the same amount of regular comms as BM is now. EWH is the same cost as WH right now, the stats just aren't significantly better.
I have opinions and stuff

UGLYMRJ
11.21.2012 , 12:11 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Cost wise. So you can get WH for the same amount of regular comms as BM is now. EWH is the same cost as WH right now, the stats just aren't significantly better.
Gotchya!

I thought he was talking stats as well. I've seen the posts with stat info... I just don't do the math until I have to.

So maybe I missed it... but is recruit the same? Those guys that don't prepare for dinging 50 are gonna be hurtin!

xstortion
11.21.2012 , 12:12 PM | #28
Is there a valor requirement?

Theagg
11.21.2012 , 12:22 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Yes it appears that players will not longer be able to complain about a gear gap (thank the lord).
Of course people will still complain. Prior to 1.6 it's complaints about how other players in full War Hero gear are thrashing those who are still only in recruit or a mixture of recruit and Battlemaster etc.

Now post 1.6 it will be complaints about how those in full Elite Ware Hero are thrashing those in recruit or a mixture of recruit and War Hero etc

I mean, after all, apart from the stat differences that carry over, this is basically an exercise in rebranding. What was Battlemaster is now War Hero and what was War Hero becomes Elite War Hero as regards the tier postions and pricing.

Given that they haven't elected to go with having 4 tiers, I'm not even sure what the point of this change is really.

Technohic
11.21.2012 , 12:26 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Gotchya!

I thought he was talking stats as well. I've seen the posts with stat info... I just don't do the math until I have to.

So maybe I missed it... but is recruit the same? Those guys that don't prepare for dinging 50 are gonna be hurtin!
So far no official word saying recruit is any different. Really; I am not sure if a fresh 50 who never PvPs before that would notice the difference. I mean; what are the odds before that a fresh recruit would be going against non-WH opponents and on top of that, also not be on top of things to know to PVP ahead of hitting 50?