Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Section X is terrible

Eillack
11.21.2012 , 08:05 AM | #11
I have to agree with the OP. I did the dailies/weekly on day one and got bored of them real fast with the condition they are in now. And the time it takes to complete them and the low reward is not worth it.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Hystorian
11.21.2012 , 08:16 AM | #12
And I forgot to mention wipes, I never wiper in other daily areas, yesterday was in a team of 4 and we wiped 3 times so thats -20k. Definitely not worth it. Not going back there until they make it worthwhile
TOFN - Viperus Legacy

Délilah - Marauder Liquored - Sorc Kamallia - Sin
S'orsha - Sentinel Säufer - Commando Arvanna - Guardian

TheRampage
11.21.2012 , 08:20 AM | #13
I never do them alone because there is lot of mobs in it (plus imps who like to make my life miserable when I'm doint it on my poor gunslinger alt, but evade me in 50 yard radious when I'm on vanguard main, interessting ), but when we team in 4 we burst through area in half an hour. And awards are much better then in other dailys area, money is great.

Never seen any buggs.

Nidza
11.21.2012 , 08:20 AM | #14
Section X is awesome and Target Misfire is my favorite quest to kill players at.

Your not so friendly scoundrel

Arlon_Nabarlly
11.21.2012 , 08:33 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Hystorian View Post
And I forgot to mention wipes, I never wiper in other daily areas, yesterday was in a team of 4 and we wiped 3 times so thats -20k. Definitely not worth it. Not going back there until they make it worthwhile
How did you wipe here? I soloed everything but the 4 man and never came close wiping (except for one but that was 2 v 1 world PvP). Sounds like you're doing it wrong.

Rafaman
11.21.2012 , 08:41 AM | #16
Not a fan of Targeted Misfire. That mission is a misfire. However, I'm a enjoying Section X a great deal, especially on the Pub side. I see a vast difference between the Pub and Imp Daily areas. On the Pub side, there seems to be less spawn fighting, the areas and vaults are better designed for the multitudes. No Targeted Misfire on the Pub side to deal with for example. In addition, the open areas seem better laid out. The objectives are easy to get to though splash mobs are still possible. Speaking of splash mobs, I love Long Shots. Damn good H4

As for the difficulty, I like both areas. They were designed with groups or better geared players in mind. This is not a fresh 50 friendly area which is fine.

Overall. I give Section X Pub side, 4 out of 5 SirCopperfields. Section X Imp side? Unfortunately, it rates only 2 out of 5 SirCopperfields. The Imp side needs some adjustments. But overall these dailies are great fun in my view. They are more challenging and a great source of revenue.

sumuser
11.21.2012 , 08:43 AM | #17
Section X is cool, something different... New. I agree some of the quests need to be tweaked and bugs fixed... The air code drops are unacceptable and the bugged leaders you have to free would be horrendous IF players knew where to find ones who weren't bugged (everyone would camp him).

But, I don't agree with the mentality that Section X is terrible because its pay/time ratio is not "optimized". Anyone who wants to run the BH or Ilum for the 1000th time is welcomed to do so.

And any player who is "geared" who is having a hard time or wiping.... I mean I'm sorry, but they suck. I can easily solo every mission except the 4-man heroic and WB. And by easily, I MEAN easily. I'm not taunting myself as being some uBeR elite player. But when you're in full columi and you have a companion that is in recruit or tionese and you're having a hard time and/or wiping.... You're just not very good.
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior

HarleysRule
11.21.2012 , 08:43 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Overall. I give Section X Pub side, 4 out of 5 SirCopperfields. Section X Imp side? Unfortunately, it rates only 2 out of 5 SirCopperfields. The Imp side needs some adjustments. But overall these dailies are great fun in my view. They are more challenging and a great source of revenue.
Hmm I've only done Imp side, and I concur with 2/5 SCs. I'll have to give the Rep side a go to see if it's less horrid.

wainot-keel
11.21.2012 , 08:55 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by -Samhain- View Post

Targeted Misfire:
The drop rate on the Airstrike Codes off of Marksmen is absurdly low. This needs to be adjusted immediately somehow. The amount of Marksmen spawns is already low, though there seems to be no shortage of strong and elite level jedi in the area. On top of this the respawn rates are abysmal. Add to this a low drop rate on the codes and it's a recipe for a ridiculous time sink. Everyone is running around trying to find 1 Marksmen in a group of 6 mobs, and even if you happen to find 3 marksmen in a single group, chances are you're likely to see zero code drops. It reminds me of Deadly Mutations if Deadly Mutations required a drop from the Cthon's.

This is the only one that I have a gripe with.
I did it once with 3 guildies in a group, I think it was the day after the patch was up. This alone took over 30 minutes. It was so frustrating, that we decided to camp the different spawn points and use whatever aoe capabilities our characters had to tag the mob (without killing them) and then call the others so they will be near to witness the grace of the rare drop those codes are

I'll never quest on Section X until I hear this is fixed.

hillerbees
11.21.2012 , 09:26 AM | #20
I did enjoy the dailies in this area (Rep Side) but it does seem to take longer for same amount of BH Comms. Even if the quests took exactly the same length of time the fact that the two factions are shoulder to shoulder is gonna spice things up with griefing and ganking.

I'd look at doing this again only where in a group to start with and then only after I had completed all other dailies.

Side note: I did have a fun Imp/Rep party outside the Heroic 4 area for a while until some of the companion characters started a riot!! Party Jawa, Sprinkle Powder followed by tooth and hair flying!!