Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Manifesto

cashogy
12.01.2012 , 01:50 AM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by fujeo-finel View Post
Just do this:
Quote:
The talent Power Barrier should be buffed to 4% less damage taken per stack, maxing at 20%, as well as lowering the lockout duration of interrupted abilities by 10% per stack, maxing at 50%.
i suggested reverting Power Barrier back to the 2% it was before the nerf in 1.2. 10% total damage reduction is ok, i think that 20% is asking for too much.

the second part of that suggesting has some promise tho. that would reduce the lockout time to ~1 GCD. it doesnt help a merc being interrupted by multiple targets, but it certainly wouldnt be a negative change.

Nightkin
12.01.2012 , 08:39 AM | #212
Why not put in something like:

"Cortosis laced Armor" -- 20% armor boost and 100% resistance to force based attacks for 3 seconds

And:

"Jetpack" -- Increase movement speed by 100% and break roots, 2 second duration"

Having those two simple changes would mean so much to us imo.
Pyro also needs a instant casted ability that proc CGC and have a chance of refreshing railshot.
My videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WatcherEight?feature=watch
http://www.twitch.tv/watchertofn

Watcher 1-15 - Tomb of Freedon Nadd: Guild: DRAMA

cashogy
12.01.2012 , 06:40 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by Nightkin View Post
Why not put in something like:

"Cortosis laced Armor" -- 20% armor boost and 100% resistance to force based attacks for 3 seconds

And:

"Jetpack" -- Increase movement speed by 100% and break roots, 2 second duration"

Having those two simple changes would mean so much to us imo.
Pyro also needs a instant casted ability that proc CGC and have a chance of refreshing railshot.
the "cortosis lace armor" is a no. a defensive cooldown that lasts 3s and is only good against certain jedi/sith abilities. no.

the jetpack is more realistic, but id rather see dev time put in to making merc effective against melee opponents, than giving us a tool to run away better

ArchangelLBC
12.03.2012 , 11:54 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
If you aren't playing against players that have their interrupt ability set to a key bind, then the rot of their bad gameplay has simply transferred to you. Evolving your playstyle into one that works only against bads is your style, not mine.
If everyone is focused on you all the time then it doesn't matter what you do. You're going to be spending most of the warzone in the cloner. If they AREN'T focused on you, you can get a quick cast off. Especially if you're smart enough to take muzzle fluting and the alacrity talent. Sadly, due to our lack of utility, a very real part of our game play involves finding a way to setup where you aren't easily spotted and being ignored long enough to do some decent free casting. Under those circumstances, you better believe Charged Bolts is part of my rotation, and you better believe I'm taking any talents that get the ability off quicker.

If your response is that the truly good players are going to see you anyway and lock you down, then yes. That's true. That's why Merc/Commando is a poor AC. Welcome to the conversation.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Macroeconomics
12.05.2012 , 03:03 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
If your response is that the truly good players are going to see you anyway and lock you down, then yes. That's true. That's why Merc/Commando is a poor AC. Welcome to the conversation.
Class balance needs to be managed by the devs based on best practices for each subclass. Not on meta averages. Failure to do so leads to certain classes being obsolete once the player progresses beyond a certain skill level. Which is exactly the case for Merc dps. Correspondingly, discussion regarding solutions must revolve around Merc dps behavior/strategies vs. best practices of other classes.

And this isn't a "conversation" that is new to me. For 12 months I've been posting about the problems with BW's meta average management approach. And "conversation" is an appropriate term only if someone is listening. Which BW isn't.

cashogy
12.09.2012 , 02:52 AM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
And this isn't a "conversation" that is new to me. For 12 months I've been posting about the problems with BW's meta average management approach. And "conversation" is an appropriate term only if someone is listening. Which BW isn't.
this. x100

ArchangelLBC
12.09.2012 , 02:35 PM | #217
I dunno that I've seen any proof that they use meta averages solely, or even primarily to balance, yet you focus on this much like you focused on riposte.

For all I know they're balancing via tea leaves and whatever their 5 year olds say would make their juggs more fun to play.

Got sources with details on what this meta-average approach actually entails?
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

cashogy
12.09.2012 , 02:50 PM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
I dunno that I've seen any proof that they use meta averages solely, or even primarily to balance, yet you focus on this much like you focused on riposte.

For all I know they're balancing via tea leaves and whatever their 5 year olds say would make their juggs more fun to play.

Got sources with details on what this meta-average approach actually entails?
its just an educated guess based on past dev responses and the actions theyve taken.

none of us really knows what goes on in austin. which is part of the problem

iDraxter
12.09.2012 , 05:30 PM | #219
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr7btKc_hdQ oh look a backwards leap this is what i need
Firebat: Wanna turn up the heat?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

Phrase
12.15.2012 , 08:25 AM | #220
As a Merc, I always find myself in STICKY situations. I guess I just have to learn to take my BUMPs and bruises.

Sixgun
The Bastion