Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Manifesto

SpaniardInfinity
11.25.2012 , 12:59 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by veyl View Post
Shouldn't this thread be in your CLASS FEEDBACK section on your Forum? I know it'll get ignored there too, but this post has nothing to do with the PTS. As a dude with a completely WH'd sorc, I feel your pain. Bubble hybrid nerf will put the class back with you guys on the low man on the totem pole, but posting here won't do **** about it. Just like you mercs, the class is forced to play a heal spec or **** of rateds.

Fact is: Bioware Class Development Team doesn't have a gosh darn clue how to balance the pvp//PVE pendulum and they sure as HELL don't listen to the community on how to "Fix" the respective classes.

As points of Proof I'll point out the extensive healing informative posts that was given back in 1.2 when both Sorcs and Mercs were originally nerfed in that department. Respected class forum posters gave back numbers and feedback which was 100% ignored during the testing period. Most of the "main" community members are now gone because of the lack of communication between the development team and us, the player base.

Just like them: I feel your thread will fall on deaf ears.
Let me say something very quickly about the changes in 1.2, specifically about Combat Medic in PvP: if those nerfs did not occur, the class would be utterly imbalanced. It would 100% be the best healer in the game, I can guarantee it. 10% bonus healing, 5% healing received buff, -10% damage reduction all at will stacked with the new Expertise curve? It would be absolutely over the top. In PvE you could argue the change may have been more negative, but that's also because the class is inherently weaker the more players you make them responsible for keeping alive. It has the highest learning curve of the healers and it's far from an orthodox healer. I won't comment on the Sage/Sorc because I don't play one, but I suspect those changes were probably necessary, too.

But that shows that while there will be kneejerk reactions to the healing changes, looking back on it now, it is clear that it was needed. The point being, I won't be nearly as cynical as you about a video game. Bioware is trying to communicate their ideas more and more. They've voiced confirmed changes for Sorc/Sage bubble, Smash/Sweep, and Commando escapability -- how those changes eventually take shape still remain to be seen.

As for this being in the wrong forum...probably true. There aren't any changes to Commando/Mercenary currently on the PTS Patch Notes, but we'll see if anything else turns up during the testing period. Bioware has kept a few secrets behind closed doors until the last 1 or 2 weeks of testing before.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

Jherad
11.25.2012 , 02:15 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
In the meantime, is there merc on the PTS doing some pvp? if so, any changes, anything?
I got on in the first day after 1.6 hit to try out the new WZ. No changes at all that I could see, at least to gunnery - unless something has been stealth-patched in since.

Surprise Surprise.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

cashogy
11.25.2012 , 02:17 PM | #173
ok folks, this is a thread about Merc changes that should be going into 1.6

it is not about the result of changes made in 1.2

so, "Run and Gun". i think it is a well balanced solution to a problem that urgently needs to be addressed.
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

gluefoot
11.25.2012 , 02:38 PM | #174
Perhaps add the "Run and Gun" skill to Steadied Aim/Stabilizers? Personally I take that talent whenever I go Assault or Gunnery. I feel that it is a bit much for a one-point talent. Or perhaps move it to Ironsights.

Then again, maybe not.

EDIT: I think that Concussive Force/Afterburners should be moved. I think it would not be unbalanced to have it accessible to all specs, not just Gunnery. Perhaps do a 3-way switch between Havoc Rounds/Mandalorian Iron Warheads, Heavy Trooper/Custom Enviro Suit, and CF/AB. Move HT/CES to tier 3, move HR/MIW to take its place in tier 2, and move CF/AB to tier 1. This would most definitely add more utility across the board to Commandos. This of course would take cashology's changes into account as well.

Also, tweak Afterburners/Concussive Force to make Concussion Charge/Jet Boost have a [50/100]% chance to root the target for 5 seconds. Breaks after two. If I can knock someone away by ~20 meters or so, I expect their shins to be broken or at least extremely bruised.

If you don't like the root, then change the slow on Concussion Charge ability itself. Make the slow better (70%) and make it last longer (6 seconds at least).

If have any suggestions, please say so.

cashogy
11.25.2012 , 03:17 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by gluefoot View Post
Perhaps add the "Run and Gun" skill to Steadied Aim/Stabilizers? Personally I take that talent whenever I go Assault or Gunnery. I feel that it is a bit much for a one-point talent. Or perhaps move it to Ironsights.

Then again, maybe not.

EDIT: I think that Concussive Force/Afterburners should be moved. I think it would not be unbalanced to have it accessible to all specs, not just Gunnery. Perhaps do a 3-way switch between Havoc Rounds/Mandalorian Iron Warheads, Heavy Trooper/Custom Enviro Suit, and CF/AB. Move HT/CES to tier 3, move HR/MIW to take its place in tier 2, and move CF/AB to tier 1. This would most definitely add more utility across the board to Commandos. This of course would take cashology's changes into account as well.

Also, tweak Afterburners/Concussive Force to make Concussion Charge/Jet Boost have a [50/100]% chance to root the target for 5 seconds. Breaks after two. If I can knock someone away by ~20 meters or so, I expect their shins to be broken or at least extremely bruised.

If you don't like the root, then change the slow on Concussion Charge ability itself. Make the slow better (70%) and make it last longer (6 seconds at least).

If have any suggestions, please say so.
i think Muzzle Fluting is a natural fit, because every DPS merc takes it (or should be taking it). it is as close to a necessity as you can get for both DPS specs.

as far as it being too much for a 1pt ability, i dont think that matters. this is a fix to the basic playability of the class, and it needs to be added in a way to interfere with current templates as little as possible. merc is broken, we should not be penalized in exchange for it being fixed.

a massive re-organizing of the Arsenal/Gunny tree only complicates things. Mandalorian Iron Warheads is a must-take for Combat Medics, putting it in a higher tier penalizes them. Afterburners, under what Im suggesting, would give Rocket Punch a knockback + root effect, and extend Jet Boost's knockback distance. I think its position in tier 3 is fine, it is one of the unique aspects to the Arsenal spec.

I have also suggested that Jet Escape, a tier 4 box in Arsenal, give a 30% speed boost for 4s after using the Jet Boost knockback. i think that is a better direction to go that increasing the slow on Jet Boost. this way we have more utility (temp speed boost on a 20-30s cd).
The King of Bads

Jherad
11.25.2012 , 04:59 PM | #176
Whelp. ******es got it moved into the devless desert.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

cashogy
11.25.2012 , 05:02 PM | #177
wow. just wow

i will repost it when i get home tonight. 17 pages, 4k+ views, and it gets moved. smh............
The King of Bads

Warshades
11.25.2012 , 05:16 PM | #178
I approve... not that it means anything but I certainly like the small changes rather than sweeping changes. And hey if you can get these changes in then we can always review additional changes once weve really seen the effect.
ôLight thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.ö

xxIncubixx
11.25.2012 , 07:03 PM | #179
fix the class bioware...

ArchangelLBC
11.25.2012 , 10:34 PM | #180
Gg bw gg
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd