Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Even though i don't care, calm the restrictions down.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Even though i don't care, calm the restrictions down.

DirtyDusty's Avatar


DirtyDusty
11.20.2012 , 10:34 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Idunhavaname View Post
It is a business yes but treating a specific group of customers as trash is not a good thing. Would you eat a reasturant that servers meals for FREE BUT you'll have to pay for the tables, chairs, water, bathroom, forks, spoons, PLATE because you don't have a club card? Most likely no.

Treating free customers like second class citizen is nice and good but dont make it so obvious. One of the things that attracts customers is the good relations and that is something EA never bothered with which is very disturbing.

Again purpose of this F2P is to ATTRACT more customers. Not drive them away.
Not really no i wouldn't mind a bit. You don't need that stuff to eat the food, Free food, that would be awesome.

paul_preib's Avatar


paul_preib
11.20.2012 , 10:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MightyVittey View Post
I don't really care because this doesn't effect me, but remove the restrictions on ; Flashpoints, WZ, Ops, and space missions, and also the guild/hotbars restrictions. Then some more people will be happy, then remove more and more until people are fully happy.
To me the answer lies not in the restrictions but in how they are unlocked. You can restrict them to start, it makes sense given that regular questing content is so open, but alter the way unlocks work so that those f2p players you are seeking to bring in don't decide 2 weeks in that plunking weekly rent-a-content isn't worthwhile.

What I would do (cartel coin cost arbitrary for example' sake)

500 Cartel Coins-- Upgrade weekly warzone allotment to 12, (1200 to unlock on all characters)
800 Cartel Coins-- Upgrade Weekly Warzone allotment to 25 (1800 for all characters)
1500 cartel coins-- Unlimited Weekly Warzones (3600 for all characters)


This way opens up avenues for playing, and if a player drops money on a long-term unlock it makes them have an investment in this game, thus making them more likely to continue playing here, hence continue paying here.


The current system will inherently bring in a far more nomadic influx of players that don't inject nearly the long term capitol others would.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

Mazikeen's Avatar


Mazikeen
11.20.2012 , 10:36 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MightyVittey View Post
I don't really care because this doesn't effect me, but remove the restrictions on ; Flashpoints, WZ, Ops, and space missions, and also the guild/hotbars restrictions. Then some more people will be happy, then remove more and more until people are fully happy.
So, remove the primary reasons to subscribe so people who want a free game can use the bandwidth subscribers share with them with no annoyances? You're not exactly a businessman are you?
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

Idunhavaname's Avatar


Idunhavaname
11.20.2012 , 10:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDusty View Post
Not really no i wouldn't mind a bit. You don't need that stuff to eat the food, Free food, that would be awesome.
So they'll just throw food on the floor and you'll eat it? While VIP club family next to you are eating at a nice table.

Before you say anything- YOU CAN'T BRING YOUR OWN PLATES, FORKS, SPOONS ETC. And no takeouts!
.

RIP orange pixel

Mazikeen's Avatar


Mazikeen
11.20.2012 , 10:42 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Idunhavaname View Post
It is a business yes but treating a specific group of customers as trash is not a good thing. Would you eat a reasturant that servers meals for FREE BUT you'll have to pay for the tables, chairs, water, bathroom, forks, spoons, PLATE because you don't have a club card?
Yes, because the food itself is free. I'd bring my own plate and utensils. I'd also thank the cook for making me food and letting me eat free. In addition to that, I'd eat in the back room so i don't bother the paying customers that are there on dates, to relax, etc. Why is this? It's because I'm grateful for the simple things and I recognize when I get something for free.

When you can download and log into a game, play it from levels 1-50 and not pay a dime, you deserve nothing else. you have 2 basic toolbars, access to the storylines and all open world PvE quests. What makes you think you deserve more?
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

ElitehunterDS's Avatar


ElitehunterDS
11.20.2012 , 10:46 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Idunhavaname View Post
It is a business yes but treating a specific group of customers as trash is not a good thing. Would you eat a reasturant that servers meals for FREE BUT you'll have to pay for the tables, chairs, water, bathroom, forks, spoons, PLATE because you don't have a club card? Most likely no.

Treating free customers like second class citizen is nice and good but dont make it so obvious. One of the things that attracts customers is the good relations and that is something EA never bothered with which is very disturbing.

Again purpose of this F2P is to ATTRACT more customers. Not drive them away.
The free "Customers", you arent a customer until you buy anything.

Also that free meal analogy is impossible since no one give anything for free in this world, unless you mean those community soap water tasting soup...

I do agree they could increase to 3 Bars, that's it, the rest is fine.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Nidza's Avatar


Nidza
11.20.2012 , 10:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
So, remove the primary reasons to subscribe so people who want a free game can use the bandwidth subscribers share with them with no annoyances? You're not exactly a businessman are you?
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
free game can use the bandwidth subscribers share with them with no annoyances?

You just teleported me to 99 when MMOs and bandwidth weren't free.

Mazikeen's Avatar


Mazikeen
11.20.2012 , 10:53 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Nidza View Post
You just teleported me to 99 when MMOs and bandwidth weren't free.
AT&T, Verizon and Comcast would like a word with you. So would every other service provider on the planet. When you convince them all to give everyone internet connectivity with no restrictions at no cost, then I'll believe bandwidth is free. As it stands now, many of them are thinking of moving to a usage-based subscription model, if they haven't already.

Got another smart&%$ comment you wanna toss my way?

[Edit] Oh, yeah, not to mention the fact the servers and routers can only handle so much data throughput which means that every person connecting slows the response time to the rest down by a tiny fraction. Yeah, we don't have light-speed quantum computing yet. Though, if you have a teleporter YOU may have access to that kind of system
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

DirtyDusty's Avatar


DirtyDusty
11.20.2012 , 10:58 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Idunhavaname View Post
So they'll just throw food on the floor and you'll eat it? While VIP club family next to you are eating at a nice table.

Before you say anything- YOU CAN'T BRING YOUR OWN PLATES, FORKS, SPOONS ETC. And no takeouts!
Eh i missed the plate part first read through, i guess my dog wouldnt mind though. But no, i wouldnt eat there, but starving people would. Question is are you starving to play SWTOR? If not then theres other games out there i guess. If people aren't gonna drop a few measly dollars for more quickbars then this isnt the f2p game for them.

Temad's Avatar


Temad
11.20.2012 , 11:33 PM | #20
The things from the UI, to the helmet to unify colors are quickly making Bioware the laughing stock of online gaming. There are so many common sense things Bioware could have stuck in the store and had it be a successful and profitable model without resorting to these...Pettty, yes Petty nickel and dime stunts.

Free to play folks understand that to get stuff they will have to pay and in many cases they will end up paying more than a subscriber so they can craft the experience to their liking. But bending people over for UI quickbars and helmet hiding...I am stunned. I thought it was a joke until I logged on and saw it in the store.

I am a subscriber...well for 28 more days.

No way I am sticking around to see what the devs have in store when they so badly handled the easiest thing in the world...a cash alternative revenue stream.

Gaming sites are starting to post their reviews of the "The SWTOR" and they are laughing at how badly they missed the mark.

I guess after the first 6 months I played I should not have been surprised they would butcher this so badly.
This is my signature.