Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Even though i don't care, calm the restrictions down.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Even though i don't care, calm the restrictions down.

MightyVittey
11.20.2012 , 09:35 PM | #1
I don't really care because this doesn't effect me, but remove the restrictions on ; Flashpoints, WZ, Ops, and space missions, and also the guild/hotbars restrictions. Then some more people will be happy, then remove more and more until people are fully happy.
Alienware Aurora R3
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
Maxxed out, 150-200 FPS (without vsync)

Ujest
11.20.2012 , 09:41 PM | #2
Then become a subscriber, problem solved.
Ujest
Chis, Bounty Hunter,
The Lighter Side of the Dark Side
The Ebon Hawk (formerly Sanctum of the Exalted)

Xargyn
11.20.2012 , 09:43 PM | #3
Honestly, if Bioware would just pay me to play their game for them, I'd be pretty happy.
CE VIP Remember when this was a big deal?

MightyVittey
11.20.2012 , 09:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ujest View Post
Then become a subscriber, problem solved.
I am a subscriber, but its stupid. Watch this video, about 30 mins in. People who don't always spend their time on the game, still wanna enjoy it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFDES...eature=related
Alienware Aurora R3

Idunhavaname
11.20.2012 , 09:54 PM | #5
I agree. Im a subscriber and I want to see this game suceed but its hard to believe that after so many of my friends who were really excited to try SWTOR when F2P hits leave because of restrictions.

They didn't leave because it would prevent them from playing literally, it was because they were so disturbed by the very idea of limiting UI, titles, emotes, hide head slot (REALLY?).

TOO MANY PLAYERS are losing interset because they refuse to play a game made by such a money hungry company.

If they really believed their "buy the stuff you want" then they wouldn't have limited UI and make weekly passes. They would sell Operations, Warzones, etc for a one time purchase price.

RIP orange pixel

Xargyn
11.20.2012 , 10:08 PM | #6
Money hungry? The purpose of any business is to make money. Period. If it's not making money, then it's going to go out of business and then you won't have any game to play at all. If everyone got everything for free, or for a "one time fee," then there wouldn't be any subscribers at all. How long do you think that one time fee would keep the game active?

If your friends don't like the restrictions, then they should pony up some cash to remove them. If they "lose interest" because it's not a free ride, then I personally don't think it's going to be a big loss.
CE VIP Remember when this was a big deal?

MightyVittey
11.20.2012 , 10:13 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Xargyn View Post
Money hungry? The purpose of any business is to make money. Period. If it's not making money, then it's going to go out of business and then you won't have any game to play at all. If everyone got everything for free, or for a "one time fee," then there wouldn't be any subscribers at all. How long do you think that one time fee would keep the game active?

If your friends don't like the restrictions, then they should pony up some cash to remove them. If they "lose interest" because it's not a free ride, then I personally don't think it's going to be a big loss.
Doesn't matter. EA has all the money the need, and your argument is very invalid. Im talking about the very small, stupid little restrictions like no unify colors, and super restricted WZ. Most games that are F2P are run by small companies with not many games sustaining a F2P with medium and almost miniscule restrictions. Im not saying to lower it to a point where they make no profit, im just saying take some of the stupid restrictions away.

People who come back to try the game again are being driven away because the restrictions, or if they don't want to devote their money to it because they arn't to hardcore about but still play it alot.
Alienware Aurora R3

jarjarloves
11.20.2012 , 10:18 PM | #8
actually the Warzone restrictions COULD be a good thing just hear me out.

Ok so you have thousands of players that are F2P and like to PVP. Problem is they can only do a few warzones a week.

So what happens if they want to PVP AND still want to play the game.

the answer is
World PVP

They can still go to say the Outlaws den and other open world PVP places and have fun. This could see a resurgance in open world PVP.

The best Open world PVP in WoW was back when they added the PVP honor system and didn't have the warzones yet. We could see a similar resurgance here

MightyVittey
11.20.2012 , 10:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
actually the Warzone restrictions COULD be a good thing just hear me out.

Ok so you have thousands of players that are F2P and like to PVP. Problem is they can only do a few warzones a week.

So what happens if they want to PVP AND still want to play the game.

the answer is
World PVP

They can still go to say the Outlaws den and other open world PVP places and have fun. This could see a resurgance in open world PVP.
The best Open world PVP in WoW was back when they added the PVP honor system and didn't have the warzones yet. We could see a similar resurgance here

hmm, you have a good point, ill think about editing my Original post.
Alienware Aurora R3

Idunhavaname
11.20.2012 , 10:26 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xargyn View Post

It is a business yes but treating a specific group of customers as trash is not a good thing. Would you eat a reasturant that servers meals for FREE BUT you'll have to pay for the tables, chairs, water, bathroom, forks, spoons, PLATE because you don't have a club card? Most likely no.

Treating free customers like second class citizen is nice and good but dont make it so obvious. One of the things that attracts customers is the good relations and that is something EA never bothered with which is very disturbing.

Again purpose of this F2P is to ATTRACT more customers. Not drive them away.

RIP orange pixel