Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The strange behavior of the players in the flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
The strange behavior of the players in the flashpoints

Ephesia
11.21.2012 , 04:06 AM | #11
I understand that this can lead a frustrating experience for healers. As a tank if I look at my current hp and find it too low to pull the next packs then I simply will use Introspection. If not, and especially if I believe the healer is more than capable I try not to stop to make sure flashpoint is over as quick as possible. But of course if a healer warns I think it's their right and I will recharge in every pack.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

POPsi
11.21.2012 , 04:16 AM | #12
as an operative healer I have no problems with this... never low on energy, if we have a good group we can faceroll the whole FP without stopping. And yes, sometimes I go ahead and do the pulls if the tank is not really experienced, because honestly, all of them HM FPS are just way too easy and boring.

Ms_Sunlight
11.21.2012 , 07:17 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
as an operative healer I have no problems with this... never low on energy, if we have a good group we can faceroll the whole FP without stopping. And yes, sometimes I go ahead and do the pulls if the tank is not really experienced, because honestly, all of them HM FPS are just way too easy and boring.
I run an operative healer and a scoundrel healer, and while I do know what you mean, I still think it's a bit of a dick move to do that. Don't undermine your tank! Why make it more stressful for everyone else just for your amusement?
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

TekAlcon
11.21.2012 , 01:05 PM | #14
this happened to me once, i was a sorc healer with a jugg tank(who was undergeared and underlved) he did the tactic of jumping mob to mob without me ccing, or anyone else ccing. we were trying the Foundry flashpoint so that was a big problem, especially with his conditions added in. he didn't listen to boss battle instructions, he didn't listen to ways to bypass certain mobs, he wouldn't OOC heal himself(nor would the rest of the group) so i had to keep using force to heal them. im amazed we even made it to the first boss, and after the fight with the the boss he just stood there, expecting me to use force to heal him even when we were not in combat. i explained to him " why should i was my energy healing you all for what you could do with no energy?". Of course he got mad thinking i didn't make sense at all and that i had insulted his intelligence somehow i think he said something along the lines of" because its your job as healer to heal everyone all the time" and this is where i left the group.
You cant spell slaughter without laughter
50 Sith Juggernaut Savag
50 Commando Texos
50 Sorcerer Grimorus

Beltane
11.21.2012 , 01:14 PM | #15
I'm primarily a healer, and this can be really annoying lol. I don't mind at all if everyone's health isn't at max--if they're missing a little, it's really easy to top off with my HoTs and everything's good. But if I have to use my bread and butter heals to get people to max so frequently that I have to rest in between fights to recharge mana... meh, it gets annoying. I do it anyway though, since I'd rather have a fast run where I'm doing a lot of work than one of those ultra cautious runs where the tank won't attack unless we CC every possible mob. Most don't need to be CCed! Save those CCs for multiple golds spaced far enough apart for it to be awkward for the tank to hold agro on them all! *flails*

So yeah, like many things, it's subjective. Little bit of health missing when the next fight starts is okay. If it's nearing 25% of health missing, I'm going to start thinking it's bad. And if they're at 50% or less health and it doesn't even occur to them to stop to rest I'm going to sigh and think bad thoughts.

It only rarely happens that they're so low though because I keep them up during fights, but sometimes things turn ugly and yet people still won't rest... I almost had a Foundry group wipe due to the HK bug the other day. Two people died; I rezzed one shortly before the fight ended and he barely had any health. The other was rezzed after the fight and also barely had any health. They both instantly ran out of the room and to the next trash... without resting or even reapplying buffs. On a HM. *sighs*

I usually don't bother to ask people nicely to please rest between fights anymore. Tired of getting "you're the healer, do your job" type comments that make me say angry things.
--=[ The Ebon Wraiths
Ebon Hawk | Dark Side Criminal RP
IG: Olyvia

Petnil
11.22.2012 , 02:08 AM | #16
its not too bad i guess. but beeing the tank most times i get to set the pace. If someone else keeps pulling after beeing told not to ill just leave. I hate people making my job harder than it has to be. If im sometimes slow on pulls theres a reason. Even if its just me taking a sip of coffe, you can wait for thoose few sec so we all can have a nice run.

As for not healing up between pulls, ill allways move to the next pull before healing up, i might as well regen that little bit of hp on the run. If someone is less that 75% hp ill probably wait depending on the pull. If im not at 100% ill probably heal up depending on the pull. Also it depends on my confidence in the healer. After a few pulls youll quickly know how competent and wellgeared your healer for that run is. Great healers gets to work harder. Just keep an eye on your groups resource aswell as their hp.

uniz
11.22.2012 , 07:41 AM | #17
for this and a few other reasons i no longer pug with my healer. he is all geared out and don't need the extra few hm bh coms anyways. a guildy of mine is starting to feel the same way on his healer too.

racing through a fp with over geared players is one thing but when one or more are not and or are doing it for the first or second time it is a recipe for disaster.

Pubsam
11.22.2012 , 09:42 AM | #18
Personally I'm so bored on my sorc in HMs, that I enjoy healing everyone up between pulls. Of course, if they actually need any healing, that's the rarity there. Frankly I spend most pulls DPSing and throwing out the occasional HoT and (if things get real crazy) an Innervate. If you're in a group that is not new players and anybody consistently needs significant healing once the pull is over... you should probably investigate what the group is doing wrong and do whatever you can to make it better.

And I pug 70% of these FPs. Getting a rookie tank is like a treat for me at this point... but it's an oddly rare occurrence.
Time for a nap.

Ansalem
11.22.2012 , 10:52 AM | #19
so the healer isn't doing their job keeping the group healed then if they are having to pull at 50% or less? That's what I got from this. I love chain pulling but usually because my healer is doing his job and keeping folks topped off.

Beltane
11.22.2012 , 12:30 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
so the healer isn't doing their job keeping the group healed then if they are having to pull at 50% or less? That's what I got from this. I love chain pulling but usually because my healer is doing his job and keeping folks topped off.
It's not always that easy. For example, if a group is ignoring basic boss mechanics and standing in things that hurt, so that they're overly taxing their healer, it's impossible to keep them all topped off all the time.

My sorc healer is well geared, and it's easy to keep the whole group topped off... unless things go bad with the tank or DPS, in which case one of them or more might have low health at the end of a boss fight. My priority is to keep everyone standing with the tank as the priority, not keeping everyone at 100% always. If it's a nasty fight but everyone's still alive at the end, I did my job. :P
--=[ The Ebon Wraiths
Ebon Hawk | Dark Side Criminal RP
IG: Olyvia