Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are the buyable armor sets in the cartel store not BOL?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why are the buyable armor sets in the cartel store not BOL?

gofortheko
11.20.2012 , 06:23 PM | #1
Just spent 1200 cartel coins on a shell? Not sure why they are not BOL, really irritates me.
Conflict(Vanguard) C§nflict(Sentinel) C°nflict(Shadow) C˘nflict(Guardian) Cˇnflict(Commando) C°nflÝct(Sorcerer) Confl´ct(Powertech) Co˝flict(Operative) ConflÝct(Juggernaut)Co˝flÝct (scoundrel)
The Resolution Legacy Prophecy of the Five

grombrinda
11.20.2012 , 06:32 PM | #2
The most simple answer is...so you can keep spending money.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

Alec_Fortescue
11.20.2012 , 06:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
The most simple answer is...so you can keep spending money.
There is nothing to add to this. They're still quite affordable on gtn if you don't want to spend 10 quid on coins. Kira and Jaesa actually look sweet in the destroyer set... Ah, Jaesa. Y u not real?

/thread
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Spends 2000 euro on a gaming rig exclusively for TOR to be riddled by graphical issues in TOR. Loving it.

grombrinda
11.20.2012 , 06:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
.. Ah, Jaesa. Y u not real?

/thread
Hahahahaha
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

Mowermanx
11.20.2012 , 06:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
Just spent 1200 cartel coins on a shell? Not sure why they are not BOL, really irritates me.
They are not bound, so just send it to the toon of your choice?

Neminos
11.20.2012 , 06:54 PM | #6
aren't they only bound for like 2 days after perchase unless you actually add mods or wear them? After the 2 day bind you can sell em or send em off to your other toons.

Mowermanx
11.20.2012 , 07:03 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Neminos View Post
aren't they only bound for like 2 days after perchase unless you actually add mods or wear them? After the 2 day bind you can sell em or send em off to your other toons.
The stuff in gambling packs have a timer, but the armour sets that you can just buy outright have no timer at all, and can be freely sold or sent to whoever immediately.

gofortheko
11.22.2012 , 03:51 AM | #8
Not the point, 12 bucks is an absurd amount to pay for armor that can only be used by 1 character. Plus I had to equip it to see if its BOL, obviously it wasnt.
Conflict(Vanguard) C§nflict(Sentinel) C°nflict(Shadow) C˘nflict(Guardian) Cˇnflict(Commando) C°nflÝct(Sorcerer) Confl´ct(Powertech) Co˝flict(Operative) ConflÝct(Juggernaut)Co˝flÝct (scoundrel)
The Resolution Legacy Prophecy of the Five

NinjaApacHe
11.22.2012 , 04:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
Not the point, 12 bucks is an absurd amount to pay for armor that can only be used by 1 character. Plus I had to equip it to see if its BOL, obviously it wasnt.
You are right, but you know it before purchasing it. So it is your choice to do it or not.

Alec_Fortescue
11.22.2012 , 05:07 AM | #10
You can get those sets on gtn for less than two million at many instances. It's not much, like.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Spends 2000 euro on a gaming rig exclusively for TOR to be riddled by graphical issues in TOR. Loving it.