Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speeder Piloting III refund refused.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Speeder Piloting III refund refused.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SithLady
11.22.2012 , 01:04 AM | #31
EA/BW CARE about people that give them MONEY and PAY for them to be in BUSINESS?! Wow...what a concept. I hope they try that soon. This cartel coins thing was a huge Cluster **** and they aren't taking responsibility where they should. This is going to cost them. I foresee Legal Action heading their way VERY soon if they fx this ********.
Wrathan / Sorcerer / Bloodlocke / Steel'heart / Thallyia

Quote:
Actually i'm pretty sure that Sunday is the designated "Crash Harbinger Day" for EAware - iSolarPanda

Caminari
11.22.2012 , 04:50 AM | #32
Another day, another bump.
Let's see if today's any more fruitful.
"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics."~Albert Einstein
╬╬╬╬╬|██████████████████████████████)

Harsisus
11.22.2012 , 04:52 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Caminari View Post
Exactly. I'd accept it if my 'mistake' was more than just reading the tooltip.
But this was blatant misadvertising. Yeah, the ToS may cover them on it, but it's still an unethical practice, and a really poor way to treat long-time paying customers.
Plus really f'ing stupid if they want to actually retain subscriptions. I won't even go f2p though if it's not rectified. I'll just go play something else. I'm not supporting that kind of customer 'service'.
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/consumer...g/index_en.htm
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...vertising.html

Screw the ToS.

Ruskaeth
11.22.2012 , 05:17 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

We are evaluating these cases on an individual basis and ask for your patience until your current ticket is attended to. Tickets submitted regarding this specific issue will have the refund request denied if the ticket was submitted after the corrected information was made available via forums and the launcher.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
Are you kidding Cerimon? Please, explain the logic behind that decision:

1. Person bought something which was labeled wrong.
2. Person didn't report it, but waited for your team to announce if it's a bug or not.
3. They couldn't know to any direction. Thus waiting for official info is logical.
4. After BW announces it was a labeling issue, people knew what to ticket and request.
5. No refund because you didn't submit ticket earlier.

Refund people who bought it under false impression due to labeling.

Bolded part looks like a custoner service is just dodging a bullet, with no regard to causality.

Juat sad. It's like spitting on people who were patient to wait to hear if it was a bug or not from official sources.

"oh, you waited to hear facts before ticketing. Cool, we'll just take your money with an excuse".

Caminari
11.22.2012 , 09:08 AM | #35
Bottom of page 2?
No no, top of page 1.

Ognajd
11.22.2012 , 10:14 AM | #36
Same thing with Speeder Piloting One. Basically, "We made an error, but the pos tos say it doesn't matter and you're not getting any refund so shut up and go play."

Well, you can request a charge back from your credit card company. You're getting double-charged for one item. Beyond that, look to other games for entertainment.

Spiritinblack
11.22.2012 , 10:59 AM | #37
Just so people understand this.

Bait and switch is against the law in alot of states. ( look it up for your state)

It does NOT matter what the TOS says about anything when it comes to THE LAW.

Doing something against the law ( regardless if they say it was a mistake) Trumps ANY TOS.

If you really want to fight this, you can, and would win. ( good luck with getting bogged down in the court system so bad that your grandchildren will be fighting the case for you)

Eaware knows that no one would bother fighting something like this. Hence why they don't care.

On that note, I will say that as much as I have very bad feelings towards Eaware atm, due to the handling of alot of stuff lately, I do generally think that this was a mistake, and not done as an attempt to rob people.

KorbinArmand
11.22.2012 , 11:09 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post
Are you kidding Cerimon? Please, explain the logic behind that decision:

1. Person bought something which was labeled wrong.
2. Person didn't report it, but waited for your team to announce if it's a bug or not.
3. They couldn't know to any direction. Thus waiting for official info is logical.
4. After BW announces it was a labeling issue, people knew what to ticket and request.
5. No refund because you didn't submit ticket earlier.

Refund people who bought it under false impression due to labeling.

Bolded part looks like a custoner service is just dodging a bullet, with no regard to causality.

Juat sad. It's like spitting on people who were patient to wait to hear if it was a bug or not from official sources.

"oh, you waited to hear facts before ticketing. Cool, we'll just take your money with an excuse".

See I got proper response when i submitted my ticket, i had purchased level2 for 225cc and got my refund..why?

1- Stated i baught it under the understanding it was "Legacy Wide"
2- Requested refund as result that due to text error said service is not one intended
3- MOST important I did purchase it Before Warning and Stated that i had Purchased Before warning.

If you purchased any legacy one after they stated it on Launcher (you could argue if you purchased same day as you'd not seen it due to not relaunching game) after that point, they warned you, you didnt heed it...its now your fault.

So IF you did purchase it BEFORE COMMUNITY ALERT state that in Ticket, resubmit and they should refund you, if you did after alert then sorry its your own fault. (Community Alert has been in launcher since 18th so unless you baught it before then sorry)
May the Fourth Be With You

Caminari
11.22.2012 , 12:49 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by KorbinArmand View Post
See I got proper response when i submitted my ticket, i had purchased level2 for 225cc and got my refund..why?

1- Stated i baught it under the understanding it was "Legacy Wide"
2- Requested refund as result that due to text error said service is not one intended
3- MOST important I did purchase it Before Warning and Stated that i had Purchased Before warning.

If you purchased any legacy one after they stated it on Launcher (you could argue if you purchased same day as you'd not seen it due to not relaunching game) after that point, they warned you, you didnt heed it...its now your fault.

So IF you did purchase it BEFORE COMMUNITY ALERT state that in Ticket, resubmit and they should refund you, if you did after alert then sorry its your own fault. (Community Alert has been in launcher since 18th so unless you baught it before then sorry)
My original ticket stated that I bought it because it said it was account wide, and that they announced that was a mistake after I bought it.
I still got told that they weren't going to refund the mistaken purchase, because their TOS says they don't have to.
Even though it was clearly down to their mistake.

I actually agree that anyone who bought it after the announcement wouldn't be entitled to a refund. If they chose not to read the launcher, that's their lookout, and they need to take responsibility for their mistake.
But that goes both ways; it shouldn't be just the customers who take responsibility nomatter who makes the mistake.

samskara
11.22.2012 , 12:50 PM | #40
I resubmitted a ticket two days ago stating when I purchased the unlocks and I'm still waiting to hear back. And they have no reason not to believe when I bought it vs when I submitted the ticket because you can check the ledger that clearly says when I bought them.