Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speeder Piloting III refund refused.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Speeder Piloting III refund refused.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

11.20.2012 , 11:44 AM | #1
I'm really quite furious right now.
Copy + pasting the ticket I just opened, because I don't expect the droids dealing with in-game tickets to read it properly, I want a proper response, and because if the answer I get doesn't change, I can at least let people know that EAWare considers it acceptable to tell you they're selling you one thing through the market, sell you something else, and consider it your mistake for trusting what they tell you.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ticket 6879044
I recently received a reply to my previous ticket (#6851130).
The response was absolutely unacceptable.
The ticket was in relation to a couple of issues. One was that I haven't received the monthly allotment of cartel coins due for my subscription, which renewed on the 16th.
This wasn't addressed at all.

The other was in regards to the Speeder Piloting License III, which I requested a refund for because it had been misadvertised.
The reply simply stated that refunds are not given for things which have been purchased by mistake.
I can accept this in cases where I've made the mistake. That's fair enough.
But the mistake in this instance was not mine. It was yours. YOU falsely labelled the item as being an account-wide unlock. I didn't read something which says one thing and assume another. I made the purchase in good faith, based on the information YOU provided, and which you later admitted 'yeah, we got that wrong'. But now you're going to refuse to rectify YOUR mistake?
No. Unacceptable.
I preordered the collector's edition of the game the day they were made available. I've been a consistant subscriber since then. But if that's how you're going to treat a loyal, long-term customer... to just say 'sorry bro, ToS says we get to rip you off, misadvertise what we're selling you, and you're basically screwed, so take a hike'.... well, taking a hike is exactly what I'll do.
"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics."~Albert Einstein

11.20.2012 , 11:52 AM | #2
Same thing happened to me and I got the same response saying they don't give refunds for accidental purchases wasn't an accident, I never got what i purchased (account wide unlock not per char)

11.20.2012 , 11:56 AM | #3
Exactly. I'd accept it if my 'mistake' was more than just reading the tooltip.
But this was blatant misadvertising. Yeah, the ToS may cover them on it, but it's still an unethical practice, and a really poor way to treat long-time paying customers.
Plus really f'ing stupid if they want to actually retain subscriptions. I won't even go f2p though if it's not rectified. I'll just go play something else. I'm not supporting that kind of customer 'service'.

11.20.2012 , 12:26 PM | #4
Still waiting for a response on this, so keeping it up.

11.20.2012 , 01:05 PM | #5
Got the same answer too.

11.20.2012 , 01:20 PM | #6
i have even posted on this subject, though i can not now find my post, but this is a case for the UK trading stds, the coins though a game world money are still purchased and spent like a real transaction, therefore we have rights. sort it out guys or it will go legal on you

11.20.2012 , 01:20 PM | #7
I also have a ticket open for Speeder piloting 1, as it said it was unlocked across all characters on account and it isn't as we all now know.

I have stated that they can either make it work and unlock it as advertised and as the tooltip STILL displays, or they can credit enough coins for me to buy it on every character I have. Either way that is the only acceptable outcome, otherwise they will be reported to trading standards and the advertising standards agency for a clear breach.

I don't want more than what I am entitled to I can understand their no-refunds rules for some things and I can understand bugs but not dealing with these issues and pretending they are above the law is no going to do. They are no dealing with people's real life money not just in-game currency. Once they tied that direct link they have made themselves open to legal action and government body sanction. I don't care if I have to call my MP I'm not going to let them act like they are not answerable for what they do.

A bit heavy I suppose but I love this game and i'm not going to unsub, why should I, I enjoy the game and was glad for the new items and market etc.... but check it works first before dealing with people hard earned cash...

11.20.2012 , 02:26 PM | #8
I purchased all three levels even though that character already had levels 1 & 2 since I thought it was a legacy wide unlock. Received the same response. Haven't decided what my next action will be but I am not going to let this go.

11.20.2012 , 02:35 PM | #9
My MP's currently shoved away in an australian jungle, so no recourse there. Best place for her though!

I'm not even that fussed about them giving me enough coins to unlock it across my whole account.
Just refund the coins I spent on it, since it didn't deliver what was advertised.
It's not a lot of coins. Is it really worth losing my sub fee + any paid expansions released for the lifetime of the game?

Bad customer service, shortsighted, and bad at maths, I guess.

11.20.2012 , 03:07 PM | #10
Still waiting for an answer. Back to the top.