Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Possible solution to common issue in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A Possible solution to common issue in PvP

Doomsdaycomes
11.20.2012 , 06:55 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Touvell View Post
Recruit gear is crap. Show me the video of the guy in recruit gear that defended a turret/station long enough for reinforcements to show. Otherwise Recruit gear is a joke.
Pfft, even my OP at level 30 could slow down a(n) attacker(s) long enough for inc's to be called.

1 attacker:

Call as inc.
Wait for them to be 1/2 capped, then Mezz (4 seconds)
Once it ends... (8 seconds if not broken)
Wait for 1/2 capped, mezz 2nd time. (4 seconds)
Once it ends... (8 seconds)
Wait for 1/2 cap, then shoot from stealth (4)
Drop off side/LoS, as soon as you hit 1/2 health, stealth escape. (let's call this 5 seconds being generous)
wait 1/2 cap, break again. (4 seconds)
Kite till dead (5 seconds again.)

So that's 50 seconds or so. If your team hasn't responded... they're not going to.

2 attackers is fairly similiar.

Stealth mezz the first asap.
Stealth mezz the second at 1/2 (4 seconds. THis will unmezz the first)
Stealth mezz first at 1/2 (4 seconds)
Stealth mezz second at 1/2 (4 seconds).
Break Stealth, Intterupt at 1/2 cap (4 seconds)
Kite/Los, restealth at 1/2 health (5 seconds)
Break stealth and intterupt at 1/2 cap (4 seconds).
Kite/LoS/intterupt till death. (5 seconds)

30 seconds. If team hasn't responded by then, they suck.

L-RANDLE
11.20.2012 , 01:17 PM | #12
Dear OP,
Getting BM gear is stupid easy, even if you lose ALL your matches... Casual play(10hours) nets full BM in about a week.

You can do FP/SM OPS for BH pieces (which are better than BM pieces). You can do dailies for RAK Ear/Implants(which are slightly below BM pieces, and you can buy stuff off the GTN. There are multiple ways to gear for PvP.

Also, referring to anything as a "grind to be competitive" in this game is funny. There is no grind, and if you have been playing pre-50 pvp exclusively, your should have no problem being competitive at 50.

As a 100% PVP player, first toon, assuming you got ur matrix cube, and chose Cybertech:
Pre-50:
Fill your caps
Buy medpaks with excess comms(you will thank me later) and buy/craft lvl 50 augments/augment kits until you hit 50.

At 50:
TAKE THE CREDITS, NOT THE REC GEAR!!!!(not sure if they took the money option out)
Buy WH MH/OH(4000RWZ COMS)
Buy two BM impants (1250WZ COMS)
Buy one BM feet or hands(875WZ COMS)
Buy one BM relic(550WZ COMS)
Fill-in Recruit pieces on the rest (6 pieces)
Augment everything
Acquire Hyper-Battle/Exotech stims

Instantly competitive, without playing a single level 50 WZ, and *possibly 100k+ in your pocket*

@50 (stack might augs)
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...1-4cb2e5e088ec
17k HP+
1000EXP+(20%/16%/11%)
790 bonus damage
35%/41%(spec) crit
71%/100%(spec) surge

"BiS"or pretty close to being BiS(stack POW augs)
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...5-b0bb3225670d
19k+ HP(+10%)
1206 EXP[23%/19%13%](+3%)
1000 bonus damage(+21%)
31%/38%(spec) crit
75%/105%(spec) surge

So maybe you are getting around 30% more output, but in PvP, 30% don't mean much when you compare outputs of the same AC/Spec.

Post-50 (You will have 500 RWZ and 75 WZ left over)
(Worst Case)Play in 9 losses(2.25hrs of WZ play..max, average 80 comms per match, +daily)
Buy one BM feet/hand, not purchased above(875WZ COMS)
Run DA/FP between WZ to get RAK/BH ear(slightly below BM/WH respectively).
Continue to replace Recruit pieces with BM pieces.

People who QQ about the (non-existant) gear gap are unprepared, which goes against everything it means to actually be a competitive player. The real "gap" is between the classes and between the keyboard in level 50 PVP...

So pass this message to all the crybabies that didn't prep for level 50. It still boils down to them not doing something. It's their own fault, not the game/design/other players.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango
Not only are you scissors, but you can be rock every 1.5/1min

islander
11.20.2012 , 01:22 PM | #13
Or maybe all of you softie gamers can harden up a bit, and grind up your gear the same way the rest of us did.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Pvtcarnage
11.20.2012 , 01:30 PM | #14
It's very easy to get BM, But I don't have a problem with being able to buy stuff ahead of time.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

L-RANDLE
11.20.2012 , 02:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
Or maybe all of you softie gamers can harden up a bit, and grind up your gear the same way the rest of us did.
or that.

It kills me to see these "advocates", when I had to go through an a much worst "grind"....

RNG BM bag garbage...
Going weeks without getting BM gear token,
or
Getting only one bag at a time cause it was a "unique" item, and being forced to choose Champ bags when I already had 100% Champ....

I played FFXII for 35 game hours, just to get one bleeping end-game sword. That's a grind people...
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tournesol

An equivalent amount of WZ time will get you close to BiS if you actually preped.

islander
11.20.2012 , 02:37 PM | #16
Seriously, back when the game was young, I opted the PvE leveling route. I figured I'd be doing all PvP when I hit 50 and all. Didn't want to burn out on 5 huttball matches a night.

when I started PvPing at 50, I had exactly 0 expertise. Worked my way up to 600 before the new BM/War Hero sets came out. Since then, I've sowly but surely, as a 15 hour a week gamer, worked my way up to full war hero over the course of a couple months (obviously, I took large breaks from the game here and there).

My point is, if my old a** can do it, anyone can.

L-RANDLE
11.20.2012 , 03:13 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
Seriously, back when the game was young, I opted the PvE leveling route. I figured I'd be doing all PvP when I hit 50 and all. Didn't want to burn out on 5 huttball matches a night.

when I started PvPing at 50, I had exactly 0 expertise. Worked my way up to 600 before the new BM/War Hero sets came out. Since then, I've sowly but surely, as a 15 hour a week gamer, worked my way up to full war hero over the course of a couple months (obviously, I took large breaks from the game here and there).

My point is, if my old a** can do it, anyone can.
Same here... about 20hr/week...

And while I was asking questions about why I was getting train stomped I got the some of the best pieces of advice on this forum:
1. NOTHING ever replaces MAIN stat in an MMO.
2. Don't play 50 PvP until you get mostly LVL 49/50 epics and RAK pieces. You'll be better at 0EXP than Cents and competitive or better than Champs.
3. You might just suck, L2P Sage better (when I was complaining about Sage being subpar).
4. Teamwork, knowing your limitations, and having situational awareness trumps gear 100% of the time.

All of those can still be adapted to the current situation as I hav shown in the previous post...

klham
11.20.2012 , 05:49 PM | #18
I don't see what's so wrong about what the OP is proposing. After all, you're able to "buy ahead" for your 40 PvP gear while you're levelling sub-40, no? On my latest 'toon, prior to hitting 40, I'd already grinded my own PvP set plus two more for my healing & fave dps companion. Allowing players to use their WZ comms to start buying BM gear in the sub-50 bracket will only incent more PvP participation earlier in the levelling process.

It's true that it doesn't take all that long to grind out a set of BM gear, and if you plan you can pick up the mainhand weapon right away, but it's still a trial by fire (and an eye-opener for some PvP "stars"). And getting opportunistically focussed after each respawn as soon as the opposite faction realizes you only have 14k hp can be a bit frustrating after a while. You just have to have a sense of humour about it. But the OP's idea isn't a bad one imo.

Touvell
11.21.2012 , 03:25 AM | #19
My suggestion was made in hopes of renewing interests in Warzones at lvl 50. Queue times as it stands are too long. Wouldn't you rather spend 5 minutes in a queue? New players coming into this game will get slaughtered by the level 50s with higher tiered gear. Some of them will be die hard pvp'ers and keep queuing up. Whereas others wont be, and instead of queuing up for a warzone they will do Pve dailies, till they get bored and eventually cancel their subscription or uninstall the game. We, as a gaming community in SWTOR, should be trying to find ways to promote and/or encourage players to play warzones at level 50. Being crushed repeatedly for a week or more at lvl 50 just to get a set of gear... I did that back when the game came out. But if you expect me to do that again with 15-30 minute queue times. LOL thank you, but NO. And can you expect a new player/50 to want to do that too, just because it's what you had to do?

This way or My suggestion, has it so players will be more active in pre-50 warzones to acquire commendations for their BM set that they can use upon hitting lvl 50. Then HOPEFULLY, with the skills they acquired in pre-50 warzones, and a set of decent pvp gear. They will queue up for warzones and it will be.... FUN. Because that's why we play games right? To have FUN? I mean I don't pay $15 a month to have my butt handed to me daily wearing recruit gear, by some WH or EWH geared player <~~~~ That's not my definition of FUN. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Maybe for the WH/EWH geared player it's fun. But the idea is to encourage new players and new level 50s to ENJOY PVP in this game.

islander
11.21.2012 , 08:14 AM | #20
but I only spend 5 minutes in a queue now?

Maybe you are on Jung Ma, that server's prob the most dead of the bunch. Come join Prop5.