Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting ***** much?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Getting ***** much?

TheronFett
11.20.2012 , 02:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
Enough of these posts, you dont want to hurt the feelings of the "Pro" players who love their premades and grenades, cause it "takes skill and strategy", as they say.
You can form your own premade. You can also make or purchase grenades. If you're flying solo and getting owned, it's your own damn fault.

Przemo_No
11.20.2012 , 02:53 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
Enough of these posts, you dont want to hurt the feelings of the "Pro" players who love their premades and grenades, cause it "takes skill and strategy", as they say.

Sure, we don't.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Smashbrother
11.20.2012 , 03:37 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
If you load into a warzone and alot of people are giving instructions on what to do in the warzone: LEAVE

If you load into a warzone and ops chat is quiet, or joking: STAY

Only bad players talk in ops other than to say "One inc Grass". Good players will all be in voice chat with one another. Thus, if anyone is acutally giving 'plans' in a wz, avoid that guy like a virus.
Absolute *********. When I do premades and use VOIP, I still type out plans in chat so the rest of the group knows.

Nobody saying anything in chat almost always equal fail.

Jarfunkz
11.20.2012 , 03:39 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Absolute *********. When I do premades and use VOIP, I still type out plans in chat so the rest of the group knows.

Nobody saying anything in chat almost always equal fail.
well, then what my friend kettlebell is suggesting is that.... u bad
VicVega

Loladarulz
11.20.2012 , 03:48 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
Honestly, it might also be a good idea to find out when your server has its "Prime Time" for PvP and schedule your PvP around it. For example, on my server, from 5-8 P.M Eastern is when the WZs are full of War Heroes. Conquerors, and premades made of each. Until you get your self geared up to the point where you can more easily compete with them, it would be a good idea to try and plan your PvP around your server's prime time hours.
This. If you happen to match vs very good premades not even warhero gear can help you. When you finish a game - that you lost xD, make a pause 5-10 minutes and then start new one - thats just enough time to avoid queueing vs same strong premade.

tatatan
11.20.2012 , 04:32 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by XinnKoda View Post
Just a general question, I'm a new level 50, I have about 50% Recruit and 50% BM gear, and I've done close to 40 WZs this week, and have only won 5. I've been going solo, and I know I'm not doing a ton of damage to the opposite team since most of them are fully geared, but I know it can't be just me that's making my team lose. Seems like at the end of the match everyone on my team is around 50-100k damage where as the opposite team is around 100-300k damage. I've been trying desperately to finish my weekly quest (winning 9 PVP matches) but after an all day WZ grind, I'm unable to finish it. What is going on here? I took an 8 month break from SWTOR and before I left it seemed like when I entered WZs it would be a 50/50 match on who would win. Is it possible when I go solo I keep going against premades? I just don't get it. In many cases I'm one of the top damage dealers which shouldn't make sense because I have terrible gear. Can someone help me understand why I'm losing SO many WZs? P.S. I'm a DPS Powertech.
Well,
you play strong class. Powertech Pyro is DPS beast. From what you describe, it is apparent you had a bad luck facing premade teams.
Your best 'striiking back' option is (behold): "Friend List"!
Understand - premade team doesn't mean it's all WH clad 1337 guys. it means, at least 4 ppl of the opposing team are agreed on strategy and they know what to do / where to run. It is often enough to grant them victory.
I was in same boat like you a month ago.
Battlemaster clad Juggernaut tank, i've been loosing most of matches, finishing 'weekly' was problem.
Then i started to talk to healers that i saw entering with me, i watched how they play and what they doing.
Now, i usually queue with one of 2 healers - one is outstanding sorcerer and second amazing operative. If they are both online we take another tank or DPS.
I stopped loosing, mostly winning the matches now - with exceptinon we face guild premade teams - and sometimes we beat even them too.

My advice: look around you, if you spot same name in WZ more times, note his/her playstyle. Talk to some tank and healer, put them on friend list - fill your friend list with more names, so you always have someone to party up with. It's double fun then. Believe me.
I'm not guilded and yet, thanks to my friend list, i always queue in group nowadays.

Capt_Beers
11.20.2012 , 08:51 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
Two things here:
1. You are still in a status of upgrading your gear
2. You need to focus on objectives and not only on killing enemies.

Not sure if the powertech is a stealth class (I am generally not interested in any "shooting" class, did not play any yet), but iof you have that option, try to get some caps, defends, diffuses, etc.
And most of all - try to agree on team strategy BEFORE the WZ starts - that is particularly important on PuGs.

Works for me, so i see no reason it should not work for you.

Still you have a chance to run against "Uber premade keyboard warriors" group that will roll over you no matter what, but if you use the above points, your team has at least a chance to win.
Even premades make mistakes.
Got to bold part and stopped reading.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

islander
11.20.2012 , 08:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
it was p funny though.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Przemo_No
11.20.2012 , 09:06 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Pity for you, because the words AFTER provide nuff explanation.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Capt_Beers
11.20.2012 , 09:16 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
Pity for you, because the words AFTER provide nuff explanation.
Doesn't really matter. If you're not sure what classes have stealth I would have to take anything you say about WZ tactics with a grain or 2 of salt.

And I don't know how you don't pay attention to them. There's at least 1 in every WZ if not 2 or 3.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics