Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting ***** much?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Getting ***** much?

XinnKoda
11.20.2012 , 01:05 AM | #1
Just a general question, I'm a new level 50, I have about 50% Recruit and 50% BM gear, and I've done close to 40 WZs this week, and have only won 5. I've been going solo, and I know I'm not doing a ton of damage to the opposite team since most of them are fully geared, but I know it can't be just me that's making my team lose. Seems like at the end of the match everyone on my team is around 50-100k damage where as the opposite team is around 100-300k damage. I've been trying desperately to finish my weekly quest (winning 9 PVP matches) but after an all day WZ grind, I'm unable to finish it. What is going on here? I took an 8 month break from SWTOR and before I left it seemed like when I entered WZs it would be a 50/50 match on who would win. Is it possible when I go solo I keep going against premades? I just don't get it. In many cases I'm one of the top damage dealers which shouldn't make sense because I have terrible gear. Can someone help me understand why I'm losing SO many WZs? P.S. I'm a DPS Powertech.

Hatsheput
11.20.2012 , 01:13 AM | #2
Moar objectives bro

XinnKoda
11.20.2012 , 01:25 AM | #3
I understand WZs are mostly objective based, I just posted damage stats so you could see how much the other team is destroying us. You can't complete objectives if you can't kill the other team defending the objectives.

Knockerz
11.20.2012 , 01:27 AM | #4
If you want to finish your weekly try to quitting a match you know your team will lose and queue again. It's usually not worth it if your still need bm gear. IfIt could also be bad luck. I had days when it seems I only gotten 1 or 2 wins, but then you have your good days that you only lose 1 or two matches.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

Przemo_No
11.20.2012 , 01:32 AM | #5
Two things here:
1. You are still in a status of upgrading your gear
2. You need to focus on objectives and not only on killing enemies.

Not sure if the powertech is a stealth class (I am generally not interested in any "shooting" class, did not play any yet), but iof you have that option, try to get some caps, defends, diffuses, etc.
And most of all - try to agree on team strategy BEFORE the WZ starts - that is particularly important on PuGs.

Works for me, so i see no reason it should not work for you.

Still you have a chance to run against "Uber premade keyboard warriors" group that will roll over you no matter what, but if you use the above points, your team has at least a chance to win.
Even premades make mistakes.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

DariusCalera
11.20.2012 , 01:39 AM | #6
Honestly, it might also be a good idea to find out when your server has its "Prime Time" for PvP and schedule your PvP around it. For example, on my server, from 5-8 P.M Eastern is when the WZs are full of War Heroes. Conquerors, and premades made of each. Until you get your self geared up to the point where you can more easily compete with them, it would be a good idea to try and plan your PvP around your server's prime time hours.

KettleBelll
11.20.2012 , 01:51 AM | #7
If you load into a warzone and alot of people are giving instructions on what to do in the warzone: LEAVE

If you load into a warzone and ops chat is quiet, or joking: STAY

Only bad players talk in ops other than to say "One inc Grass". Good players will all be in voice chat with one another. Thus, if anyone is acutally giving 'plans' in a wz, avoid that guy like a virus.

HuaRya
11.20.2012 , 02:07 AM | #8
Your main problem is you sound like you are a solo player on a server playing against premade teams.

The PVP forum section has a few trolls who will try to mislead you into thinking "if you only get better" but what you just described as dishing out tons of damage to opponents that don't die indicate your adversary's have organized methods of protecting their DPS's (gunslingers, snipers) with tanks who are constantly being healed by a group of overlapping healers.

Yes , it has gotten bad on some of these servers because the premade teams like to play fresh recruit teams to farm medals.

You'll soon shed your recruit gear but you will be very frustrated at the lack of funds you will receive from the losing matches as they are not nearly enough to buy WH gear.

Example: Your team loses you get 60 comms. The exchange from WZ comms to Ranked WZ is 30 for every 10.
A basic small WH item is around 1400 comms, so it will take around 70 losing matches to get a single WH item.

DariusCalera
11.20.2012 , 02:17 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
If you load into a warzone and alot of people are giving instructions on what to do in the warzone: LEAVE

If you load into a warzone and ops chat is quiet, or joking: STAY

Only bad players talk in ops other than to say "One inc Grass". Good players will all be in voice chat with one another. Thus, if anyone is acutally giving 'plans' in a wz, avoid that guy like a virus.
Um...no. I've been in too many PuGs where the chat was silent and as a result no one had any direction as to what to do, or what was going to happen. As a result, 3/4 of the team was running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off and getting rolfstomped.

Also, since he is talking about PuGs, there is a pretty fair chance that no one is in voice chat with any one else in the WZ.

A simple initial plan is normally needed for a PuG group so it can be marginally organized. There are some exceptions to this, like when you begin to recognize other players and their capabilities and you know that they are experienced and no typed communication is needed other than to say "1inc grass" or "4 inc south"

gofortheko
11.20.2012 , 02:24 AM | #10
Enough of these posts, you dont want to hurt the feelings of the "Pro" players who love their premades and grenades, cause it "takes skill and strategy", as they say.
Weapon-of War
Juggernaut:Sentinel:Operative:Sage:Commando:Shadow :Guardian
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger