Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP lvl 50 gear w Rakata

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP lvl 50 gear w Rakata

TrumpetNut
11.19.2012 , 11:54 PM | #1
So I have the full War Hero set and am wondering.... If I rip the mods out and put them in rakata stuff will it gain the set bonus? Also vice-versa! Thx!

My resoning is that I like PvPing so I use the War Hero set, But the Rakata Helmet looks so cool on war Hero stuff (I previewed it). If the WH has a set bonus on the armor then I dont wanna mess it up. If its on the mods then il change it off. Plus since it takse 4 peices to get full bonus what if I take the rakata mods out and put the empty shells with wh mods? Will I have 2 set bonuses?

dejavy
11.20.2012 , 12:03 AM | #2
No. Set bonus armoring starts working with WH gear.

gofortheko
11.20.2012 , 02:22 AM | #3
What you can do is get the set bonus you want, then put the armor and mods from whatever set you have. Food for thought, if you take say Tionese gear (set bonus on the armor) and put in black hole mods, you have campaign gear without all the fuss!
Weapon-of War
Juggernaut:Sentinel:Operative:Sage:Commando:Shadow :Guardian
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger

L-RANDLE
11.20.2012 , 05:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TrumpetNut View Post
So I have the full War Hero set and am wondering.... If I rip the mods out and put them in rakata stuff will it gain the set bonus? Also vice-versa! Thx!

My resoning is that I like PvPing so I use the War Hero set, But the Rakata Helmet looks so cool on war Hero stuff (I previewed it). If the WH has a set bonus on the armor then I dont wanna mess it up. If its on the mods then il change it off. Plus since it takse 4 peices to get full bonus what if I take the rakata mods out and put the empty shells with wh mods? Will I have 2 set bonuses?
Basically, if you take a WH armoring, and put it into a RAK shell, the WH armoring will override the RAK bonus. So you can wear your RAK piece and not lose your PVP 4-set bonus, but would lose your PvE 4-set bonus. In PvE, you would drop down to a 2 piece bonus.

If you take a RAK/BH armor and put it into a WH shell, you get NO BONUS..
If you put CAMP armoring in to WH shells, you get PvE bonus.

Most of the 4-set bonuses suck, so a combination of 2-set is what I see the most.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

DarthBloodloss
11.20.2012 , 05:04 PM | #5
You just need to buy a WH offhand focus and pull out the armoring and add it to a Rakata helm. Set bonus wont be affected, nor will your expertise or stats.

War Hero offhand armoring are not bound to a slot.

Elite War Hero offhand ARE bound to offhand only so you can't advance to Elite WH with this method.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS