Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Illum?

necparce
11.19.2012 , 08:52 PM | #1
So does anyone else think that Illum should brought back? It was the most fun pvp in the game and its dead

Jnaathra
11.19.2012 , 09:17 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by necparce View Post
So does anyone else think that Illum should brought back? It was the most fun pvp in the game and its dead
All I remember was it being a broken and laggy disaster area. With no real objects to work toward and a totally lopsided population.

ChaoticDynamite
11.19.2012 , 09:25 PM | #3
Ahh Illum such memories haunt me to this very day.

Henu
11.19.2012 , 11:27 PM | #4
Ilum never went anywhere. all they did was take all reasons for going there.
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

necparce
11.20.2012 , 07:55 AM | #5
That's my point they need to have reasons for people to world pvp again.

Rhyn
11.20.2012 , 08:18 AM | #6
That's my point they need to have reasons for people to world pvp again.
You are right . We have a galactic war raging between sith and the republic but nobody can see it because it only exists in an 8 on 8 wz. That is not war. That is not open conflict. For people to continue to be invested in the story they need reason to fight. The wz and the instances all depend on clonflict. What we have now is a reality tv show format.
Rın

<Regulators>

Rendolphe
11.20.2012 , 09:58 AM | #7
The problem is people need reward to make Open PvP ...

Well the solutions is pretty easy and I hope some Dev are taking notes... If they can implement an Illum 2.0, where you get ''Illum PvP mark'' when you kill ennemies (with a diminushing return to avoid exploit ...) and you can exchange them for unique cosmetic item, mount, pets, color crystal, exchange for WZ commendation. We will be able to keep some folks down there. Bring back the PvP dailies that will give ''Illum PvP mark'' only. PvP dailies like number of kill of the ennemie faction. Shooting the vehicule. Some flashy box to set the interest in the middle. Good old Illum, but with marks ...

Put some PvE dailies down there too. 2-3 PvE quest like taking box down, rezzing some downed soldier, etc ... so you will incorporate some folks there too. But the reward from those PvE dailies should be double or triple of normal dailies, considering them more risky by there location in a Open dedicated PvP region. BTW you put this PvE quest near the ennemie faction Base to improve the interaction with players !!!

The faction that get more control of the map could get a bonus on the ''Illum PvP mark'' from killing ennemies down there.

This solution isn't too hard to implement I guess, because Illum is already created. You need to add few items, a vendor and dailies. This solution is good as long as the reward are always there.

I'm not that kind of gamer that looking for reward to make PvP, but there is a lot that won't do PvP is there is no cookies at the end.

For long time Open PvP solution. A new planet or Zone should be created, because the design of Illum isn't very good. A small patch for Illum could bring it back for few months and it wouldn't hurt.
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer

TUXs
11.20.2012 , 10:00 AM | #8
Yup. There needs to be a reason to go there...and a much faster way to get there. Taking 20min from logging in on Fleet to get to freaking Ilum was crazy stupid.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Rendolphe
11.20.2012 , 10:03 AM | #9
Character Legacy perk that allow you to teleport in Illum PvP base.

Pretty fast to bring folks fast when you get nailed by the other faction and a Credits sink at the same time.
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer

gofortheko
11.20.2012 , 10:09 AM | #10
Ilum was so fun, I mean being republic and having to sit at our base and wait till someone pulled a too aggressive imp into the turret so we could actually get some credit for the daily/weekly. I loved it! I mean sure we were outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1, but hey thats balance amirite~!?
Weapon-of War
Powertech - Vanguard - Sorcerer - Sage - Mercenary - Commando - Marauder - Sentinel - Juggernaut - Guardian - Assassin - Shadow - Operative -Scoundrel - Sniper - Gunslinger
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger