Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

An in-depth look at: the Sith Emperor.(Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
An in-depth look at: the Sith Emperor.(Spoilers)

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.22.2012 , 01:50 PM | #31
There is a problem with the idea that the real Emperor was killed by the Hero of Tython, because he looks nothing like how he was described in the novel, not even close.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
11.22.2012 , 03:55 PM | #32
Maybe the book is non canon? It did say Revan used both sides of the Force after all. Or maybe it is canon and it's just a plothole.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.22.2012 , 03:58 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
There is a problem with the idea that the real Emperor was killed by the Hero of Tython, because he looks nothing like how he was described in the novel, not even close.
Maybe he switched his physical body as well.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.22.2012 , 04:04 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
There is a problem with the idea that the real Emperor was killed by the Hero of Tython, because he looks nothing like how he was described in the novel, not even close.
Maybe he switched his physical body as well.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.22.2012 , 04:05 PM | #35
Honestly, I have no idea, but it is NOT the original body the Emperor inhabited, his true body, it was described by Scourge with black as the void eyes, etc....

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
11.22.2012 , 04:05 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Maybe the book is non canon? It did say Revan used both sides of the Force after all. Or maybe it is canon and it's just a plothole.
Possibly, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.22.2012 , 04:08 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Honestly, I have no idea, but it is NOT the original body the Emperor inhabited, his true body, it was described by Scourge with black as the void eyes, etc....
Well Scourge had seen the Emperor's body so he could not be mistaken with it.

Maybe his eyes only turn into void when he use some abilities, like Nox got purple glowing eyes when he/she use ability.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.22.2012 , 04:23 PM | #38
I think the best assumption is that this is a 'new' and the old one died. Seeing as Hall Hood hinted at this is probably true.

But then again, minor things like appearance can be retconnable. I believe SWTOR takes precedence over the Revan novel - and they couldn't have eyes as black voids seeing as their is no skin for that - or whatever they call it.

After all, in the novel I think Meetra has brown hair, yet in the game its silver/white.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.22.2012 , 04:29 PM | #39
I hope he's gone and let the Empire have a new leader, he's more like a ops boss, a Nihilus ripoff with some bad plot device skills rather than a real character.

Makoto_Shishio's Avatar


Makoto_Shishio
11.22.2012 , 06:18 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I agree with the two above posters here, I believe it was the true Emperor that the Hero of Tython fought and killed in the Dark Temple. And I have a theory, so here goes:

1 - Clothing. There is a distinct difference between what the 'Emperor' (by this I mean the being fought at the Dark Temple) wears and what the known/confirmed Voices wear. The Voss Voice wears white robes, whereas the 'Emperor' wears distinctive black robes, the same as the Emperor wore in the Revan novel. Yes I hear you say he's wearing the robes of a Voss mystic, but consider this - the Voss being possessed for a decade, giving him ample time to change to the distinctive black. And for all those of you who have read the comic on Teneb Kel (Thanaton), you'll be aware that the current Voice at that time also wears white. Coincidence? Perhaps. But there are only two paths we can take here, either its a coincidence or its not. If its a coincidence it doesn't matter, the fact remains that the Voice wears robes differing from the black robes worn by the 'Emperor' at the Dark Temple. And if it is not, then white is the distinctive colour of the Voice. In both scenarios we can only assume that the being met at the Dark Temple was in fact, the Emperor - dressed in the same, iconic robes he wore when confronted by Revan.

2 - Appearance. Concerning the Voss and Human Voice (from the Teneb Kel comic) they show no/little sign of dark side corruption. The Voss mystic is perfectly unaffected, and looks exactly the same as a normal Voss. And the Human Voice, while having yellow eyes (which is irrelevant seeing as Voss have no pupils) also shows no sign of dark side corruption. His skin is unblemished and in fact looks quite young. So we can assume that when a vessel is possessed by the Empire, the vessel is not visible corrupted. And yet, the human met in the Dark Temple - despite only being a Voice for what? A couple of months? - displays extreme dark side corruption. Red eyes, pale, cracked skin - the full package. The only explanation is that he is the Emperor - displaying the same dark side corruption (and lets face, features all round) as the Emperor of the Revan novel.

3 - Death. In the SW storyline, the Emperor, through his Voice, demands the Wrath kills him - so that he can escape his trapped body due to various machinations. As Nasja said, this had little/no impact on the Emperor. The body dies (it doesn't even disappear like the in the Dark Temple) and the Emperor accepts the Voice's death, and goes on with his life. And yet when the so called 'Voice' is killed in the Dark Temple, the body is destroyed, the Emperor is enraged, supposedly 'recuperating' and the Empire falls into disarray believing their leader to be dead. This is because he is dead, the only logical explanation is that the Emperor was killed in the Dark Temple by the Hero of Tython.

(I final additional point. The Voss Voice met by the Wrath is labelled 'The Voice of the Emperor' - whereas the 'Voice' faced in the Dark Temple was called 'The Emperor' - I think this solidifies my point)

But this creates a few problems, which must be met. Firstly it contradicts what the Wrath was told by the Hands, who said it was the Voice of the Emperor that was killed, not the Emperor. In short, they lied. I mean, lets say I'm right and the Hands told the Wrath the truth - the conversation would go something like this: "Hey Wrath, err... you know the Emperor? You know, our leader? Yeah.... well.... small problem. He's err, he's dead basically. So... we kinda don't have a leader anymore. But don't worry! Its all under control. You just, just keep smashing the Republic. I mean, your not really the Emperor's Wrath anymore... but err, just... keep at it. Ok, er bye. And long live the... oh wait :P" As you can see not only would it be awkward, but they also can't trust the Emperor's Wrath. They have no reason to, after all the previous Wrath has already betrayed them, their not going to trust another. Basically its all an elaborate ruse, if the entire Empire found out, it would collapse. They have to keep it a secret, and its best to create a rumor to explain his disappearance.

The second problem is that everything seems to point the Emperor's survival, and some sort of 'essence transfer'. But the Emperor was killed, however only his body. I suspect he still exists in some sort of spiritual form, hence how he collapsed the Dark Temple chamber, and how the Children can still hear him. In fact they can hear him more than ever, because the Emperor is clinging onto life, and the parts of him scattered amongst the Children.

May I also make this canon - its quite peculiar that this hasn't become widely recognized. But with an interview with the Lead Writer, Hall Hood - he says this: "The Jedi Knight defeats the Emperor at the end, and the Emperor's body does die." I'm right!

But, like I said, he goes on to say, or at least hints that the Emperor lives on in some sort of spiritual form. And hints that he may return. He also mentions something else interesting, he implies that this isn't the first time the Emperor's body has died. So perhaps while being the Emperor, it was the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th incarnation of him. Hence him not being Sith or some sort of hybrid.

But basically, the Knight killed the Emperor. The Emperor is 'dead' and whoever wrote his Wookiee page really needs to read this and make some serious corrections.

P.S. If you wan't to listen to the interview with Hall Hood, the link is here. Skip to 27:00 to hear about the Emperor.
The game itsrlf states that it was the emperors true voice the knight defeated, not the actual emperor himself. This is confirmed in the SW storyline.

Your "theories" aren't fact btw.
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is not available in your region