Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The real way to fix regular warzones.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The real way to fix regular warzones.

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
11.19.2012 , 02:19 PM | #21
He's just butt hurt about teams that play together focus him and there for can't play it like death match 1vs1.

Some people have no clue.........
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

gofortheko's Avatar


gofortheko
11.19.2012 , 04:06 PM | #22
4 man premade in vent IS a crutch, because you wouldnt be as effective if you had to type out instructions. I have two full sets of WH I use, I am no newb, and I certainly dont need a lecture on how to pvp. And yeah I am tired of being facerolled by 4 man premades every WZ, because pubs on my server are just bad. Imps tend to have the better pvpers, and more premade 4 mans (I know personally they have two groups que up at the same time to get a 8 man reg wz pop, and it happens a lot more than you think) which leaves me getting facerolled every match. I am butthurt, its annoying to lose 90% of my pugs for something as simple as there are more 4 man premade vent using teams on imp side.

I want to go into a WZ and enjoy playing it, not be continually stun locked by people calling out stun cycles in vent. If you limited groups to Ranked, then you would definitely have more ranked, and those who PUG it wont be as bad off as they are now.

And before you ask I do que as a 4 man also, and we do faceroll WHEN I get my friends up, but right now they are leveling imps and I have no desire to make another 50 just yet so I play on pubs.

Call me a QQ I dont care, but if Bioware and you guys as a community want to interest more players to SWTOR, facerolling newbie f2p players isnt the best start.
Weapon-of War
Powertech - Vanguard - Sorcerer - Sage - Mercenary - Commando - Marauder - Sentinel - Juggernaut - Guardian - Assassin - Shadow - Operative -Scoundrel - Sniper - Gunslinger
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger

CharterMonkKent's Avatar


CharterMonkKent
11.19.2012 , 04:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
4 man premade in vent IS a crutch, because you wouldnt be as effective if you had to type out instructions. I have two full sets of WH I use, I am no newb, and I certainly dont need a lecture on how to pvp. And yeah I am tired of being facerolled by 4 man premades every WZ, because pubs on my server are just bad. Imps tend to have the better pvpers, and more premade 4 mans (I know personally they have two groups que up at the same time to get a 8 man reg wz pop, and it happens a lot more than you think) which leaves me getting facerolled every match. I am butthurt, its annoying to lose 90% of my pugs for something as simple as there are more 4 man premade vent using teams on imp side.

I want to go into a WZ and enjoy playing it, not be continually stun locked by people calling out stun cycles in vent. If you limited groups to Ranked, then you would definitely have more ranked, and those who PUG it wont be as bad off as they are now.

And before you ask I do que as a 4 man also, and we do faceroll WHEN I get my friends up, but right now they are leveling imps and I have no desire to make another 50 just yet so I play on pubs.

Call me a QQ I dont care, but if Bioware and you guys as a community want to interest more players to SWTOR, facerolling newbie f2p players isnt the best start.
so..
1. your 3 friends don't want to pvp with you
2. your server has better imps then pubs
3. you have no desire to make another toon to play as an imp
4. typing 3e takes you too long compared to saying 3 east out loud

these are a lot of "you" issues. Not state of pvp issues. I'm not railing on you, just pointing out the theme here.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

gofortheko's Avatar


gofortheko
11.19.2012 , 04:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
LOL? Did someone tell me to "be a man" in a video game forum?

BTW... how I was raised... men don't cry, complain, moan or whine... we adapt, work with the hand we're dealt, and find a way to succeed with what we have. Not ask for hand outs or ways to make things easier for us...

So, besides how silly it is to tell someone to "be a man" on a gaming forum... I think first you should review your definition of one.
I dont need a lecture on what some a s s hats father told him when he was but a wee boy. If you knew who Russell Peters is, then youd understand the reference. I served our country for four years in the USMC, I dont need anyone trying to tell me how to be a man.

And its not asking for a handout, its asking for more competitive play in the most used type of pvp. Limiting warzones to full PUG status will encourage more people to do Ranked, (least those who think they are pro) of which is so desperately needed. on pot5 its so bad that imps can que up two groups of ranked and just play each other over and over again. Thats stupid, we need more ranked, and not allowing premades of any type in regular warzones will alleviate that issue.
Weapon-of War
Powertech - Vanguard - Sorcerer - Sage - Mercenary - Commando - Marauder - Sentinel - Juggernaut - Guardian - Assassin - Shadow - Operative -Scoundrel - Sniper - Gunslinger
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger

gofortheko's Avatar


gofortheko
11.19.2012 , 04:22 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
so..
1. your 3 friends don't want to pvp with you
2. your server has better imps then pubs
3. you have no desire to make another toon to play as an imp
4. typing 3e takes you too long compared to saying 3 east out loud

these are a lot of "you" issues. Not state of pvp issues. I'm not railing on you, just pointing out the theme here.
1. your an idiot for assuming I cant group.
2. seems that way.
3. I have a 50 powertech and a 50 operative, next question.
4. its as you say simple, so why do you need vent?
Weapon-of War
Powertech - Vanguard - Sorcerer - Sage - Mercenary - Commando - Marauder - Sentinel - Juggernaut - Guardian - Assassin - Shadow - Operative -Scoundrel - Sniper - Gunslinger
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.19.2012 , 04:29 PM | #26
Quote:
4 man premade in vent IS a crutch
A crutch is something used for a disability... you're discribing something that gives an advantage.
Quote:
because you wouldnt be as effective if you had to type out instructions.
No... and I wouldn't be as effective if I clicked and used my keyboard to turn either... I also wouldn't be as effective if I played with my feet. Are you saying that we should get worse? Instead of trying to excel we should gimp ourselves?
Quote:
I have two full sets of WH I use, I am no newb, and I certainly dont need a lecture on how to pvp.
Obviously you do... because this MMO is based on team game play and set up. Because you choose to not take advantage of a system that is designed to promote team play and gives you the oppurtunity to create a well balanced team or take advantage of the many tools at hand to improve game play I would say yes... you are a "newb" and you do need a lecture on how to PvP. It's a team based game... and the tools to form a team are all around you. You choose to ignore them. Not our problem.
Quote:
And yeah I am tired of being facerolled by 4 man premades every WZ, because pubs on my server are just bad.
Then get a pre-made and fight back.
Quote:
Imps tend to have the better pvpers, and more premade 4 mans
I'm an imperial... on my server the pubs normally have a stronger PvP base. But I win more than I lose... how you ask? By forming a group and rolling in the best composed group possible and preferably on voice chat. So you see... we have the same problem... only I decide to act and do something about it and you decide to complain and do nothing about it.
Quote:
(I know personally they have two groups que up at the same time to get a 8 man reg wz pop, and it happens a lot more than you think)
We try this here and there when we don't have an optimal group set up for rated... or we only have 5-7, we queue at the same time. We'd be lucky to get into the same match. I'd say 1/10 times. To get on the same team... probably closer to 1/20. If it really happens that often on your server people must really be leaving over and over until they get the same team. In that case... sorry... that sucks... and pretty sad on the other teams part that they wasted that much time.
Quote:
which leaves me getting facerolled every match. I am butthurt, its annoying to lose 90% of my pugs for something as simple as there are more 4 man premade vent using teams on imp side.
If I was losing that much... I would do something about it.

Say... like form a well balanced group with other good players and get on some kind of voice chat so we have faster communication. If only those tools were avaiable to us.

Quote:
I want to go into a WZ and enjoy playing it, not be continually stun locked by people calling out stun cycles in vent.
Yes... nerf team work in team based games and more importantly... nerf operatives.
Quote:
If you limited groups to Ranked, then you would definitely have more ranked, and those who PUG it wont be as bad off as they are now.
Yes it would... because bad players are still bad. I have yet to see a top tier player on my server complain about pre-mades. WHY? Because this is a team based game and top tier players are wise enough to form a team whenever possible. MMO 101.
Quote:
And before you ask I do que as a 4 man also, and we do faceroll WHEN I get my friends up, but right now they are leveling imps and I have no desire to make another 50 just yet so I play on pubs.
Come to the dark side!!!

Quote:
Call me a QQ I dont care, but if Bioware and you guys as a community want to interest more players to SWTOR, facerolling newbie f2p players isnt the best start.
You QQ.

I repeat... I'm not saying there isn't a solution to fresh 50's getting rolled and having an unenjoyable experience. *cough* recruit bracket *cough*

But... THIS is not a good solution.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.19.2012 , 04:31 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
I served our country for four years in the USMC, I dont need anyone trying to tell me how to be a man.
.
But it's OK for you to tell others how to be a man?

Interesting...
Quote:
And its not asking for a handout, its asking for more competitive play in the most used type of pvp. Limiting warzones to full PUG status will encourage more people to do Ranked, (least those who think they are pro) of which is so desperately needed. on pot5 its so bad that imps can que up two groups of ranked and just play each other over and over again. Thats stupid, we need more ranked, and not allowing premades of any type in regular warzones will alleviate that issue.
I couldn't agree more... we do need more ranked. However with such a strong casual base who think they're pro I simply don't see this as a solution. What's needed more IMO is better rewards for doing ranked. The heavy casual base needs incentive to get better. This idea caters to them being bad and having a baddie bracket. The population of competitive PvP'ers simply isn't there.

We need to promote people to be better... not allow them to marinate in their own badness with a short bus bracket.

CharterMonkKent's Avatar


CharterMonkKent
11.19.2012 , 04:33 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
1. your an idiot for assuming I cant group.
2. seems that way.
3. I have a 50 powertech and a 50 operative, next question.
4. its as you say simple, so why do you need vent?
why the personal attack? Can't you write a thread whining about a video game without making it personal? Many people do it on these forums. The reason I made that comment is that you are making it seem like you are backed into a corner and have no choices. Of course that's nonsense. Step back and look at what you have posted. You are whining (and getting personal) over a video game that lets 4 people play together... and God forbid, talk to each other. I hope you see how ridiculous that is. Or how ridiculous it is to ask why voice chat apps exist for MMOs.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Xerain's Avatar


Xerain
11.19.2012 , 04:46 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Just stop...

stop playing MMO's.

stop asking for something that goes against exactly what an MMO is.

Stop... you sound foolish.
Ditto sir, ditto.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.19.2012 , 04:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
And before you ask I do que as a 4 man also, and we do faceroll WHEN I get my friends up, but right now they are leveling imps and I have no desire to make another 50 just yet so I play on pubs.
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
3. I have a 50 powertech and a 50 operative, next question.
Troll alert level yellow.