Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Nerf Cloak of Pain then we are done?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Nerf Cloak of Pain then we are done?

PowerReaper's Avatar


PowerReaper
11.19.2012 , 01:53 PM | #21
Its not overpowered, you qq'ers are extremely relentless ill have to hand it to you. And you're so misinformed its not even funny, it only lasts 6 seconds but renews when attacked. Meh w.e just l2p.
Prophecy Of The Five
Warlord »schaton - 55 Sith Juggernaut
Elite Warlord Christine - 55 Jedi Sentinel

NogueiraA's Avatar


NogueiraA
11.19.2012 , 02:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
Every class does not have a knockback.
If you don't have a knockback, you have 2 stuns. Operatives and powertechs, 2 stuns.

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
11.19.2012 , 03:12 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by NamikazeNaruto View Post
You think 1v1s are when Cloak of Pain is a game changer? In 1v1s you actually have the option of mezzing him through Cloak of Pain to make him waste it.
Why not just pop your own defensive cooldown?
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
11.19.2012 , 03:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Why not just pop your own defensive cooldown?
I do, my point was that group warzone environments is where Cloak of Pain is ridiculous. It's just way too easy for them to be hit by an AoE or have someone attack them and end up getting the full duration. Plus it has a 60 second cooldown. The high uptime combined with the low cooldown makes it overpowered in a group battle.

Xiahoufig's Avatar


Xiahoufig
11.19.2012 , 03:24 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
If you don't have a knockback, you have 2 stuns. Operatives and powertechs, 2 stuns.
Two stuns? Baseline I have Debilitate which is a hard stun and doesn't break on damage and Flashbang, which is a Mez and does break on damage. Where is the second stun coming from? As concealment, I do get access to Jarring Strike which is a 1.5 sec knockdown but that lasts just as long as the GCD so it doesn't count.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

Antipodes's Avatar


Antipodes
11.19.2012 , 04:55 PM | #26
Marauder survivability is fine. They are the most melee dependent class, and that actually is a downside if you are playing against good RWZ teams.

What really needs adjusting is Rage spec (Juggs included) and talented Predation (required for CW, amazing in Huttball).

NogueiraA's Avatar


NogueiraA
11.19.2012 , 05:56 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiahoufig View Post
Two stuns? Baseline I have Debilitate which is a hard stun and doesn't break on damage and Flashbang, which is a Mez and does break on damage. Where is the second stun coming from? As concealment, I do get access to Jarring Strike which is a 1.5 sec knockdown but that lasts just as long as the GCD so it doesn't count.
When you flash bang me, you'll damage me first and I can do nothing if I have no cc breaker. You have an advantage damaging me first.
I'm speaking about how to interrupt mara's defensive CD's if you have no knockbacks. This is not a stun explanation.

Ramtar's Avatar


Ramtar
11.19.2012 , 06:13 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
Nerf Smash and we're done.
There are more players that PvE in this game than PvP and high smash/sweep is needed for operations.

L2P your class. Gear up and stop with the low Expertise in gear when your PvPing.

Antipodes's Avatar


Antipodes
11.19.2012 , 06:18 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramtar View Post
There are more players that PvE in this game than PvP and high smash/sweep is needed for operations.

L2P your class. Gear up and stop with the low Expertise in gear when your PvPing.
You say that as if Sents/Maras were parsing low prior to the Rage/Focus buffs

Sounds like "don't nerf my derp spec".

Ramtar's Avatar


Ramtar
11.19.2012 , 06:39 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
You say that as if Sents/Maras were parsing low prior to the Rage/Focus buffs

Sounds like "don't nerf my derp spec".
I leveled my Sentinel as Focus well before 1.4 came out.

The major difference now with 1.4:

* 10% more armor penetration in Shii-Cho form
* Zephyrean Slash was changed to allow more attacks to reduce the CD on Sweep/Zealous Leap

There was no buff to damage on Sweep/Smash. Displace got the damage/crit buff.

Focus/Rage is nasty when you have boss healers, Guard on you and in full min/max augmented WH.