Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

Englefield
11.18.2012 , 08:01 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
You can play the ENTIRE story line of EVERY class for free!!! You dont even have to buy the game -- like you do for GW2 for instance.

Im sorry, your complaint was.......?
This thread was your complaint, and to be honest as FTP doesn't affect your game in any way, I'm still mystified as to what you're actually complaining about. Just enjoy your game and don't worry about anyone else.

DarkSaberMaster
11.18.2012 , 08:05 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I... can't tell if you're serious. Free2Players already have to buy extra quick bars.
I know right. Best troll thread eva.
Back for a little bit.....for now.

TheLordMagnus
11.18.2012 , 08:08 PM | #73
mate are you for real you want them to segment every planet and rip side missions and heroics into quest packs and make people buy them failllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lotro aint doing well i play 4 servers there and almost all the time they are dead for 100s of miles
their f2p system is so much of a joke that i dont play unless im subbed which after the credit removal system they have in place is a joke

first point is this lotros vinnila area is 100% free the first zone they made for the game is 100% free all quests everything only the added on areas are charged for which all have nothing to do with the main story

you can grind coins with 2 alts like many do and not pay a god dam thing for the game ever making its f2p modle useless for making hardcore gamers sub or cheep scates sub

becides expancions packs you can play the intire game for free go to every area you just cant do questing from any of the npc that are not part of the main story lotros moddle sucks *** all free to play games do and so does this one
if you sub shut the hell up and enjoy your game if you cant handle wiping and need to blow content 1st time every time you are just sad and cant handle failure
i could care less if i wipe why cos that means its challenging if i dont wipe its to god dam easy
LVL 50 SORCC RDPS ACTIVE
LVL 30 JUG DMG ACTIVE
LvL 50 MARRA ACTIVE

TheLordMagnus
11.18.2012 , 08:13 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by MrPolifax View Post
I love would love a LotRO model, as long as you could earn cartel coins like you can in LotRO that is.
my point made
LVL 50 SORCC RDPS ACTIVE
LVL 30 JUG DMG ACTIVE
LvL 50 MARRA ACTIVE

darkderprimus
11.18.2012 , 08:19 PM | #75
Good evening or night, subscribers. Tell me, please, OP and those who agreed with him, what makes you feel anger towards us, "free players"? What is the reason of this sudden hostility, why all this vitriol? We aren't getting the same game as you because of the restrictions. Most of us by no means can defeat any of you thanks to the gear limit. There are no additional servers being used to host us, so costs of "housing" game's info hardly grown much. You have priority over us in logging into the game. You do realise that we are not harming your gaming experience, because we can't?

But you, somehow, still feel compelled to sneer at us or be hostile. And no, you have no reason to. Your reaction is hardly reasonable and explained by emotions you feel, and not by the reason. You may fear for the game's financial future, but remember, this project - the game - is being run by EA and Bioware. I doubt they would simply choose unprofitable model and be generous at their own expense. Yes, once you paid them - it's their money, and not yours any more. And thus, you don't have no more rights to demand any changes about this matter than I do or any other player - "free" or subscribed. Vote with your wallet and your legs, if you like.

Sure, you're free to whine about "stupid f2p-kiddies" all you want, if that makes you feel more important and mature.

DirtyDusty
11.18.2012 , 08:21 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by tekkamansoul View Post
Ugh.

I'm a founder too and I am very glad the best part of this game is free. The model as it is isn't horrible, but it's still very limiting and the number of threads about nickle and diming the player base as is is a good representation of how the community feels as a whole.

And the comparison to LOTRO? Wrong, wrong, wrong. F2P players get access to the entire base game. You pay for the expansion packs. SWTOR doesn't have any expansion packs yet, unless you count the HK51 update, in which case you DO have to pay for it, so its effectively identical, but with much less quality of life features.

Quickbars anyone? Hide head slot? Jesus.
That's lies about the LOTRO stuff, you most certainly have to buy quest packs for areas to do quests besides epic quests which won't give you enough xp to progress. I get sick of people claiming lotro is some perfect f2p model. it most certainly isn't unless you play 24/7 to grind tp on alts on every server doing the same repetitive quests driving yourself stark raving mad.

Darth_Urtani
11.18.2012 , 08:51 PM | #77
Dear Klarick

I completely disagree. You are being pathetic.

Love,

Urtani
FOUNDER
CE OWNER
CE VIP

Smashbrother
11.18.2012 , 08:58 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Englefield View Post
FTP flashpoint and ops participation are heavily restricted (3 a week i think?) and if they're doing ops already they must be former subbers, who will be slightly more savvy and better geared. Besides, lack of sub is not related to ability in the slightest. This FTP lark leaves a lot to be desired, but let's not pretend there's a problem where there isn't one.
Doesn't matter if you're god's gift to the world, if you can't wear the gear required to do the hm FP/OPs, you're just bringing the whole group down.

Also, F2P players take up space on the server. Servers can handle only so many people before it starts to lag. Then there's all this general whining and trolling in chat about how terrible SWTOR is.

Then there's all these F2P people on the lower level planets taking up quest mobs/loots making subbers take longer to level.

I personally have no problem with any of this, but I'm not going to act like F2P doesn't affect subbers negatively at all.

Gotnks
11.18.2012 , 08:59 PM | #79
Not sure if Troll or just stupid.

Darth_Urtani
11.18.2012 , 09:03 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Gotnks View Post
Not sure if Troll or just stupid.
Nuance.
CE VIP