Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

astrobearz
11.18.2012 , 04:52 PM | #11
wow the ego on this guy.

if BW/EA do put on more restrictions, i say that they should just do away with F2P and go back to the sub only model.

while this game will return to it sinking ship status, at least you will have your your precious game to yourself without f2p players,right?

Synxos
11.18.2012 , 04:54 PM | #12
I really can't tell if OP is serious....or delusional.
I subscribed for 6 months, but BW kept pulling some shady things that upset me. So I quit. The game wasn't worth a full subscription.....
And what sort of F2P model do they give us.....
it costs MORE to do F2P in a decent manner for PvP(and it goes for end game raiding too) than it does a subscription.....
You're upset that they can experience the story? haven't you heard everyone complaining that they're are some insane restrictions? Charging new players for sprint at level 1, not enough quick bars....

Would have paying for each unlock been a better option? Probably. Because the current system is too EXPENSIVE, and it makes the story experience terrible.

The F2P model is bad, but your title is wrong. It's not because it's too free.

Englefield
11.18.2012 , 04:55 PM | #13
OP, does the free to play option does affect you in any negative way? I suspect it doesn't, so don't concern yourself with what others are getting, just enjoy your own game.

Mercbenz
11.18.2012 , 04:56 PM | #14
This is yet another horrible decision by BW. They give away a ton, but locked so much stuff its going to be an awful experience for people. They have the best story and grind to 50 of any mmo. They let people have it for free but then lock all the fun stuff behind pay. If I started a character today with all those limitations I wouldn't enjoy the game at all.

So yes the give it away, but they made it crap. Totally boggling.
Benzx - Vanguard
Ben'z - OP
Coen - Jugg
Badham & Mercbenz - Inactive crafters

Stncold
11.18.2012 , 05:01 PM | #15
Not sure if serious..
Selthia-Guardian
Zarrec- Gunslinger Yorenec-Commando
POT5.
RIP The Fatman

annabethchase
11.18.2012 , 05:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Englefield View Post
OP, does the free to play option does affect you in any negative way? I suspect it doesn't, so don't concern yourself with what others are getting, just enjoy your own game.
It's filled my flashpoint/sm ops groups full of people not capable of the content due to lack of gear and preparation.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Tatile
11.18.2012 , 05:04 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Stncold View Post
Not sure if serious..
He hit Poe's Law well enough and got a couple of bites, but I don't think he can keep it up - it's just not stupid enough.

tekkamansoul
11.18.2012 , 05:09 PM | #18
Ugh.

I'm a founder too and I am very glad the best part of this game is free. The model as it is isn't horrible, but it's still very limiting and the number of threads about nickle and diming the player base as is is a good representation of how the community feels as a whole.

And the comparison to LOTRO? Wrong, wrong, wrong. F2P players get access to the entire base game. You pay for the expansion packs. SWTOR doesn't have any expansion packs yet, unless you count the HK51 update, in which case you DO have to pay for it, so its effectively identical, but with much less quality of life features.

Quickbars anyone? Hide head slot? Jesus.

Xienive
11.18.2012 , 05:10 PM | #19
As a subscriber, I am not mad at all with what F2P gets. In fact I would bump them to 10 wz's a week and 4 quickbars if I had that power.

If you think F2P is getting a better deal then simply don't sub. Nobody is forcing you to.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

Englefield
11.18.2012 , 05:11 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
It's filled my flashpoint/sm ops groups full of people not capable of the content due to lack of gear and preparation.
FTP flashpoint and ops participation are heavily restricted (3 a week i think?) and if they're doing ops already they must be former subbers, who will be slightly more savvy and better geared. Besides, lack of sub is not related to ability in the slightest. This FTP lark leaves a lot to be desired, but let's not pretend there's a problem where there isn't one.