Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

Beslley's Avatar


Beslley
11.19.2012 , 10:03 AM | #121
OP's suggestions make the stupid, nickle-and-dime things in the current F2P model look totally reasonable and intuitive in comparison.

Why don't we go all the way, then, op. Make F2Pers unable to keybind anything. They should have to click all their abilities. All F2P characters should be naked because they don't really need to see their gear anyway. And they shouldn't be able to jump. Jumping is a privilege. Pay the sub or get out!

You people make me lose hope for the human race.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

Galbatorrix's Avatar


Galbatorrix
11.19.2012 , 10:08 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
OP's suggestions make the stupid, nickle-and-dime things in the current F2P model look totally reasonable and intuitive in comparison.

Why don't we go all the way, then, op. Make F2Pers unable to keybind anything. They should have to click all their abilities. All F2P characters should be naked because they don't really need to see their gear anyway. And they shouldn't be able to jump. Jumping is a privilege. Pay the sub or get out!

You people make me lose hope for the human race.

So, the proper direction for the human race is to promote entitlement by giving away everything for free? Making people work and pay for things is a thing if the past?

Beslley's Avatar


Beslley
11.19.2012 , 10:15 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
So, the proper direction for the human race is to promote entitlement by giving away everything for free? Making people work and pay for things is a thing if the past?
I'm not sure you understand how a F2P model operates, sir. The point of F2P is to enable microtransactions. People won't pay for the microtransactions if they feel they are unreasonable. You are luring people in with the free and hopefully getting them to stick around enough to feel like they ought to support you. Restricting things like UI elements and color matching just makes people feel like they are being nickled-and-dimed by a sleazy salesman. You do NOT want to give a sleazy salesman vibe.

Also not sure if master troll. If so, good job, and carry on.

P.S. I see you like Eragon. Everything you say is invalid in light of this terrible life decision.

P.P.S. I see you did not respond to my totally reasonable and not at all sarcastic F2P suggestions. I will take this silence as approval and hold it against you from now on.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

Galbatorrix's Avatar


Galbatorrix
11.19.2012 , 10:19 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
I'm not sure you understand how a F2P model operates, sir.
Also not sure if trolling

P.S. I see you like Eragon. Everything you say is invalid in light of this terrible life decision.

You sure do make a lot of ad hominem attacks. And apparently you don't know how business works.

Beslley's Avatar


Beslley
11.19.2012 , 10:20 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
You sure do make a lot of ad hominem attacks. And apparently you don't know how business works.
I count one ad hominem attack. Considering you did the same, I think we're even.

EDIT: In light of my previous edits and taking into account my lack of sleep, I will reconsider and say that I may have made TWO ad hominem attacks, in which case you are entitled to one free one within your next post.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

Galbatorrix's Avatar


Galbatorrix
11.19.2012 , 10:23 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
I count one ad hominem attack. Considering you did the same, I think we're even.
You made two. One toward me and one toward the entire human race. And apparently, you don't know what an ad hominem attack is either.


Saying you don't know how business works = not ad hominem. Saying that you probably rob banks for a living because you don't know how business works = ad hominem.

Beslley's Avatar


Beslley
11.19.2012 , 10:24 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
You made two. One toward me and one toward the entire human race. And apparently, you don't know what an ad hominem attack is either.
See my above edit. Ohohoho.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

Mazikeen's Avatar


Mazikeen
11.19.2012 , 10:25 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
A person can play the entire storyline of every class in the game, on either side of the conflict, without paying a dime! Really?
Hi! I'm a Founder too! Guess what that means? NOTHING

Limited UI options
Limited gearing options
Limits to Flashpoints/Warzones
Companion limits

These are just off the top of my head, but they're the bigger ones. So, yeah, if you think paying a sub doesn't give you significantly more you've got issues...
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

Beslley's Avatar


Beslley
11.19.2012 , 10:28 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
You made two. One toward me and one toward the entire human race. And apparently, you don't know what an ad hominem attack is either.


Saying you don't know how business works = not ad hominem. Saying that you probably rob banks for a living because you don't know how business works = ad hominem.
You implied that I was a freeloader, or at the very least implying that I believe everyone should get everything for free earlier on (nevermind the fact that I am in fact a subscriber and that my views are nowhere near as extreme as you claim them to be).

You will also note that in no place did I say that F2Pers should get the whole game for free, so I believe you are misinterpreting me (at best). If advocating for full UI functionality and the ability to color match and hide helm (along with possibly a few bank slots - I'm not even talking about a whole tab, but a few spaces at the very least) is unreasonable in your eyes, then I guess I am in fact a big fat socialist commie freeloader.

That was a joke, by the way. I know that socialists and communists are not the same thing. You seemed to have issues with my comprehension before, so I figured I'd clarify since you're taking this awfully seriously.

P.S. Jeremy Irons was the best thing to happen to the Eragon franchise, and even he couldn't save it. Poor Jeremy Irons.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

JimG's Avatar


JimG
11.19.2012 , 10:41 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
Hi! I'm a Founder too! Guess what that means? NOTHING
LOL, yeah, I love when people call themselves a "Founder" like they founded the game or founded BW, lol. Dave Thomas was the "founder" of Wendy's...he started a company....everyone here is just someone who bought the game within the first 3 months of launch. So you didn't even need to be here from the beginning either...the deadline was sometime in March to get the "Founder" title. Anytime you see a thread started off with "I'm a Founder" or "I've been here since beta" or "I'm a CE owner", you can pretty much tell where that thread is headed, ha.