Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
FTP is Too "Free". Please adjust model.

Asavar
11.19.2012 , 07:17 AM | #111
Trying way too hard to troll, OP.

FerrusPA
11.19.2012 , 07:27 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Dear Bioware,

As a Founder and subscriber, I'm a little dismayed that you are willing to give away so much of the game, that I pay for each month.
Well, if you don't like it you are free to leave.

/smugfanboymode
December Pre-Order Best Pre-Order
Proud Guildmaster of Two Swords One Box. Apply now!

Thread = Faden Threat = Drohung

astrobearz
11.19.2012 , 07:35 AM | #113
i beleive this thread either backfired on the OP and he is not getting the support he was aimming for
or
he succeed in making a awesome troll thread

i let you guys decided for yourself which option is correct

killmaimburn
11.19.2012 , 07:59 AM | #114
Dear Bioware,

As a Founder and subscriber,

Klarick
FOUNDER
Founder doesn't mean anything. You didn't do anything of significance to get that title. Bioware's business model is none of your concern. If you want it to be your concern, by all means buy shares of their company and actually stake a claim to their business. If you don't understand what I'm saying. Consider this: I shop at Walmart. I've got shirts, pants, food, etc from there. Than one day they announce they're going to have a charity drive with all the low shelf products that no one wants. And suddenly I become enraged that I have to pay money to them so that I can have shirts. But now, now there's a bunch of people getting freebies, and that just, well, that isn't fair. I personally don't want lowshelf stuff. But since they're not offering what I want for free, than NO ONE should have anything for free. Did that make sense? No, I don't think it did. Because your opinion on this isn't making sense. You are not in a position to judge the free to play model because you are not a shareholder. This is reality. I did however get a laugh out of your self entitled rant.

The game is owned by BIOWARE. Stop crying all the time. If you don't like it, then stop. The only real protest you can make is to stop giving them money.

kevlarto
11.19.2012 , 08:12 AM | #115
I am Founder Beta Tester, Day one player been in the forums since Oct 2008 ( Day one of forums), and I am a subber.. and I still can't get a fee cup of coffee..LOL

F2p is ok with me, I hope BW/EA lightens up the hotbar restictions for the f2p players, but as a person who subs the f2p really does not bother me at all.. To each their own I suppose..
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

ColonelKer-Nal
11.19.2012 , 09:01 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I... can't tell if you're serious. Free2Players already have to buy extra quick bars.
I think it would be more appropriate for BW/EA to charge for extra content rather than for basic stuff like quickbars. Seriously.

FWIW Founder and subscriber here as well.

I also think it would be in EA's best interest to take that suggestion. All they are going to do is get the F2P players on long enough to bang their head on shortage of quickbars and they'll quit. Whereas, if you give them the interface necessities to play the game, then hook them with the story the just MIGHT sub (or buy arcs for CC).
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
~Robert A. Heinlein

DarkSaberMaster
11.19.2012 , 09:45 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSun View Post
Whilst I can't agree with the OPs sentiment and being a founder myself, find it really cringe worthy that anyone would see fit to end a post with the "founder" stamp

I would like to ask all of the posters hating on the current F2P model, how WOULD you implement it?

Over the last few days the vast majority of posts I have read state that all of the UI features and customization options should be free...all of the sotry should be free...WZs / FPs / Ops should be increased to like 10 a week...the list of demands for what should constitute F2P goes on and on.

This all seems to infer nothing more than a "give me all of the game for nothing and lelt me play all that the game has to offer without ever supporting it financially"! attitude.

So...how WOULD you all implement the F2P "option" without undermining the value of those that DO support the game and pay a sub?

Driz
Me personally, the only problem I have with their F2P model is the limiting of the UI. I was actually shocked that they felt that limiting your toolbars, title's, and match to chest color was a good idea. Limiting the UI to me was a mistake. I also feel that it should have been that you are limited to two characters max and that you can play the story for free up to level 20 or 25. High enough to get you hooked, but low enough to not trivialize the intent. After that, you have to either subscribe or pay the CC's for additional levels to the story. You can play the FP's/HM's/WZ's a limited amount of times a week and those are limited to only 2 to 3 certain ones (With regards to WZ's, you only get to play one of them. You have to buy access or subscribe to play the rest). Everything else seems legit with the model.

That's how I would have done it. But it's whatever. I'm a subscriber, so it doesn't affect me at all.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow) Daege: (AP Powertech)
The Harbinger Thanks for killing Engineer Snipers, Devs
The Jawa's Order
Referral link for free stuff

MaximusRex
11.19.2012 , 09:49 AM | #118
Dear Bioware,

As a Founder and subscriber, I'm a little dismayed that you are willing to give away so much of the game, that I pay for each month. Dont get me wrong, I like FTP options as I do think they are beneficial to the ongoing development of a game. However, the path you have chosen is unpredented in how much it gives for nothing.

A person can play the entire storyline of every class in the game, on either side of the conflict, without paying a dime! Really? That's a bit much IMO, and sort of a slap to us that pay monthly. As a suggestion I would like to see a more LOTRO type of model where a FTP'r has to buy quest packs and zone unlocks in order to progress. This method allows the FTP'ers a choice in what parts of the game they want to play WITHOUT angering those that pay a monthly subscription.

What you have done here is decide to just give the game away. I trust you know what you are doing here, but I, for one, am not too crazy about it.

Thank you,

Klarick
FOUNDER
Turbine gives away more with its free to play, in fact if anything of all the games I have played that have a Free to Play option, TOR is by far the most restricted.

Galbatorrix
11.19.2012 , 09:55 AM | #119
The current model is fine just they way it is. You get the stories for free and some of the group content. You also get enough conveniences to play the game well. And to all the people ragging on the OP, the people whining that F2P players need to get MORE for free are just as bad. If Bioware took your advice, there would be no reason to sub any longer for anyone and they game would be broke in 6 months.

Galbatorrix
11.19.2012 , 09:59 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
Turbine gives away more with its free to play, in fact if anything of all the games I have played that have a Free to Play option, TOR is by far the most restricted.

BS. I can't even play all of the classes in LOTRO without paying. I also have to pay for new areas so I can advance, pay for a horse, etc, etc. And you can't play Monster play at all.