Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware it's time to NERF Snipers/Gunslinger. All read please.

DweezillKagemand
11.19.2012 , 05:00 AM | #51
There's like 5 snipers in total in game.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Technohic
11.19.2012 , 07:17 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramtar View Post
Just have the devs remove the access to self heal when selecting the DPS trees and you got a deal.
LOL Which class self heal? I'd be willing to bet either would trade that for more effective DPS.

Ovan_Oh-One
11.19.2012 , 07:39 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by stringcat View Post
Sweetheart, I realize you're used to always having the advantage against other classes, but you can't have the upperhand against EVERY class.

If you really want to kill them, roll a DPS scoundrel/op and faceroll them.
Damn you for making me laugh and spill soda on my keyboard.
Artist formerly known as Agyo.
Ketwol
Enra

Siorac
11.19.2012 , 08:26 AM | #54
In lowbie, they're unstoppable killing machines. Absolute kings.

In level 50 PvP, they are very good. But nothing more than that. When it comes to killing the enemy's DPS, stealthers' number one priority should be hunting down the Gunslingers/Snipers. That's it, really. Sorcerers/Sages can wreck them pretty badly as well if there are options for LOS.

Beyaco
11.19.2012 , 09:04 AM | #55
PvP is a joke in this game....It has been a nerf fest since launch. I'm sad to see that it hasn't changed. All threads that ask for a nerf of a class, need to be deleted immediately. You moderators need to start thinking about a rule change.

Technohic
11.19.2012 , 09:06 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
In lowbie, they're unstoppable killing machines. Absolute kings.

In level 50 PvP, they are very good. But nothing more than that. When it comes to killing the enemy's DPS, stealthers' number one priority should be hunting down the Gunslingers/Snipers. That's it, really. Sorcerers/Sages can wreck them pretty badly as well if there are options for LOS.
Even in sub 50; if you know what you are doing you can kill a sniper pretty easily with any class so long as you have an obstacle to work with. If you have that, you stay behind it when you see their big ol' batwings in front of them. Then when it is down you run up and knock them out of cover and pummel em. From range; you can use instant shots and pick them to death while LOS-humping.

Now in a crowded team fight a sniper can get you pretty good and you may not have the luxury of LOS

cycao
11.19.2012 , 09:33 AM | #57

stringcat
11.19.2012 , 09:34 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Even in sub 50; if you know what you are doing you can kill a sniper pretty easily with any class so long as you have an obstacle to work with. If you have that, you stay behind it when you see their big ol' batwings in front of them. Then when it is down you run up and knock them out of cover and pummel em. From range; you can use instant shots and pick them to death while LOS-humping.

Now in a crowded team fight a sniper can get you pretty good and you may not have the luxury of LOS
Luxury of LOS? What about luxury of time? I can't really imagine a circumstance in which you can afford to just hide out of LOS for twenty seconds in a warzone.

Then I was going to explain about how OS makes this tactic not work, but I realized you said "even in sub-50" and realized it was not really applicable. I may be a little overly dependent on OS in duels, but it's SO cuddly and so wonderful to force melee to fight in.

Snipers do pretty well in duels. Except against Concealment Operatives, who CLEARLY need to be nerfed some more, and to a lesser degree assassins/shadows.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

chimex
11.19.2012 , 09:40 AM | #59
"cover" meet overdrive...done.

"entrench" meet AOE

"debilitate" same as other classes stuns
"flashbang" same as other classes mez

"leg shot" meet purge and force speed

"shield probe" = poor mans static

"evasion" meet aoe

"balistic shield" admittedly that's a pretty neat trick. But a cooldown of 3 mins doesnt worry me.

"cover pulse" not very effective against ranged attacks

"shatter shot" ok that's a mean one, but a stun could sure reduce the damage from whatever comes next

"ambush knockback" doesn't really bother ranged dps too much

The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Rendolphe
11.19.2012 , 09:45 AM | #60
Snipers and Gunslinger don't need a nerf. L2P

They are strong in some place in Warzone like all class have their pro and cons.

Sage/Sorcerer:
You can easily kill a sniper by usiing DoT when you can get some LoS. If you can't get LoS don't even think about it.

Mara/Sent:
Use your skill to decrease is accuracy by 90%. Use your stealth to get next to him. Choke him if his big barrer isn't up so all your Warrior can jump on him.

All class have tools to counter the sniper, but a really good sniper can be a pain in the ***. FOCUS FIRE HIM then and stop crying for nerf.
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer