Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

REST xp and BOOST xp does NOT stack

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
REST xp and BOOST xp does NOT stack

Begau
11.19.2012 , 01:51 AM | #21
The Rested XP and the Boosted XP do not stack. The reason you get more for using the boosts, however, is because Rested XP doubles your original XP, increasing it by 100%. The boosts grant you 150% extra, including the ability to boost XP received from quests.
Squadron 419

nicosand
11.19.2012 , 02:10 AM | #22
hmmm...

I think people need to read the tooltip better...
For example:
Minor/Major Space Misson Experience Boost
Use: Increase all experiance given from COMPLETING space missions by 25% for 1/3 hour(s).
Minor/Major Class Mission Experience Boost
Use: Increase all experiance given from COMPLETING class missions by 25% for 1/3 hour(s).

On these xp boosts, as far I can see, you dont get the extra xp for killing anything, only when u finish the missions. And as far as I can see, they should "stack" on the rested bonus, since that does not give you more xp for handing in completed missions.

Then we have the Minor/Major Experience Boost
Use: Increases ALL experiance gaind by 25% for 1/3 hour(s).

If you use this in lets say a space mission, you should get the extra xp for BOTH killing enemies, AND completing the mission. Now, on the spesific boosts like the flashpoint, space mission, class mission and exploration boosts, it also spesifies that
Quote:
Only one experiance boost can be active at any time
. But on the Minor/Major Experiance Boost it does not say that. That might just be a bug and it is intended to to, OR it means that that perticular boost does stack on rested bonus.

So to all of you guys that have tested this, make sure you also mention which boost you're using, since they are clearly quite different!

Rezakh
11.19.2012 , 02:14 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kortan View Post
they do stack.

I was getting 4,000-6,000XP for killing elite mobs on Belsavis
Actually, I just tested this as well. My wife and I just came back from a couple months off and both the XP boost along with rested did indeed stack...so either OP is experiencing a bug or maybe reading the UI logs wrong, but I was definitely seeing a stacking of the two and I tested xp gained from the same mobs at the same level before using xp boost with rested and then after buffing myself with xp boost while rested.

TL;DR - From my testing, they do indeed stack.

FourTwent
11.19.2012 , 02:16 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Exactly!

And it says right on the tool tips that it does not stack.
pretty sure it says it 'doesnt stack with other xp boost consumables'

nicosand
11.19.2012 , 02:29 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
pretty sure it says it 'doesnt stack with other xp boost consumables'
Pls read the post I made a few lines over this one...

philrowen
11.19.2012 , 03:03 AM | #26
This thread is hilarious. OP is completely wrong.