Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Outlaw's Den + HK-51 quest = Open PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Outlaw's Den + HK-51 quest = Open PvP

LarryRow
11.19.2012 , 08:44 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacer View Post
For all those that are talking about ganking and griefing.. PoT5 is a pvp server so those ideals don't apply. Thats what being on a pvp server is all about.
^ This.

But people have been so turned off to OW-PvP they don't want to bother anymore. Some do, but the majority see it as a barrier to getting dailies done, etc. Maybe if OW-PvP had rewards....

On a PvE server, people really have a point - especially if they are not a stealth class. What totally sucks is that the med probe timer keeps going up, so you're looking at waiting 10 frigging minutes by your third death, and the vendor is all the way at the other end from the spawn. If you have the HK quest, med probe time in Outlaw's Den should stay at 30 seconds. Then at least you could die your way to the vendor.

Quote: Originally Posted by Boyana View Post
There is a lot of PvP in the new area on Belsavis...at least on my server ! I love it!!!!
Haha, this too. I look forward to doing the Area 2+ on a weekly basis (Section X is too large, annoying to get around in, and quests too long for me to want to go there more than once a week. Sorry, Black Hole on Corellia spoiled me).
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

cycao
11.19.2012 , 08:50 AM | #42
Look I am all for open world PvP which is why I rolled on a PvP server. Open world PvP is fun...when it is fair and competitive. There is nothing fun about beating someone who has absolutely no chance at winning. In a warzone this happens quite a bit, IE 6 people fighting 2 people at a node and usually this results in a loss of a point because these two people had to die by the hand of 6 players that while this was happening the rest of the other team was smashing the other side.

UberDuberSoldat
11.19.2012 , 12:37 PM | #43
Sounds like the Pot5 folks had just as much fun as the Bastion over the weekend.

We had fun camping the Jawa with great effect. We charged people 75k to access him.

As a result, entire Raids were formed to try and remove us. Eventually they'd break through and get it because a RWZ would pop or people would get bored and not enough people would be there to defend it at times.

But it was a great relief to see the Developers had the notion to put the Jawa in Outlaw's den.

It fostered some awesome Open world PvP objectives. Hadn't seen such quality open world battles since the Rakghoul event and killing the Bantha wold boss there in the same location.

What I cannot fathom is the avalanche of tears from all the PvErs. The sense of entitlement they have is outstanding.

Why for hte life of me, would a PvEr roll on a PvP server, to then turn around and whine about things not being "Fair" is kind of insulting. Nerds will always be nerds I guess.

WARNING: This is a group Free-for-all zone. Any player outside of your group can attack you.

UGLYMRJ
11.19.2012 , 12:42 PM | #44
I thought all the open world from the HK-51 quests was awesome... especially with everyone running around in PvE gear while I smash on em for 7K a piece.

Me and a healer were taking on groups of up to 5... I was rolling over laughing cuz I KNOW they thought they were ganking me.

Try throwing some expertise on before ganking someone PvE'ers.

DarthOvertone
11.19.2012 , 12:42 PM | #45
Outlaw's Den actually has some solid potential for sandbox PvP fun. People have already run tournaments and things in the arena. You could also do a King of the Hill sort of thing where a team of players defends the portion of the map on the hill or a Vendor.

The only problem with OD is that it is sort of out of the way. My Mains unlocked the Travel Legacy to OD so they can get there pretty easy. Getting there is a bit of a hassle though for others.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Champion Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

UGLYMRJ
11.19.2012 , 12:43 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post
We had fun camping the Jawa with great effect. We charged people 75k to access him.
Brilliant!

Kaane
11.19.2012 , 12:46 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Brilliant!
It was fun, we held the Jawa for like 3-4 hours. Must of killed 500+ people. Repelled at least 4-5 full OPS groups. Soo much fun!
Lokarr - Powertech ; Tborg - Mercenary
Kharrne - Marauder
Stickem - Operative ; Zrethor - Sniper
Strictly Business - The Bastion

UberDuberSoldat
11.19.2012 , 12:47 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Brilliant!
only made 150k though. The real reward was seeing Raids of 24 people come try to wipe out the 8 of us while waiting for RWZ pops.

UGLYMRJ
11.19.2012 , 12:48 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaane View Post
It was fun, we held the Jawa for like 3-4 hours. Must of killed 500+ people. Repelled at least 4-5 full OPS groups. Soo much fun!
/invite Uglymr-j

I would gladly offer my services free of charge.

UGLYMRJ
11.19.2012 , 12:49 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDuberSoldat View Post
only made 150k though. The real reward was seeing Raids of 24 people come try to wipe out the 8 of us while waiting for RWZ pops.
I couldn't stop laughing at being attacked my so many PvE'ers... 0 expertise and every class possible face tanking me.

It's why I do my dailies in PvP gear... my e-peen grew 10 sizes that day.