Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Theoretika Quest was amazing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Theoretika Quest was amazing

Nydus
11.28.2012 , 03:53 PM | #61
100% +1.

I hate to say it, but I singled it and am regretting not figuring out all the stuff with a group.

Sweet mission. We need more like it.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

RazielHex
11.28.2012 , 03:56 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Drebs View Post
Just to be sure--are we talking about the quest where you go to the deserted ship and run around clicking on glowies?
Yeah, but you don't *know* its deserted. You keep expecting Rakghouls to pop out of places or the dead bodies to reanimate or some droids to attack you or a little girl in a dress to appear.

It captured an atmosphere that was fresh and exciting for the game, if not the genre itself.

Nydus
11.28.2012 , 04:01 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
It captured an atmosphere that was fresh and exciting for the game, if not the genre itself.
Exactly. If you want to press 7,6,5,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,12,1,2,7,6,5,1,2,1,2 for an hour go play some PVP.

Some of us enjoy storytelling.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Shoogli
11.28.2012 , 04:05 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Drebs View Post
Just to be sure--are we talking about the quest where you go to the deserted ship and run around clicking on glowies?
You only run around clicking on glowies if you read a guide first.

When you do it for the first time, and alone at that : it just isn't running around clicking on glowies, it's also being affraid of every dark corner, trying to figure out stuff by yourself because unlike most other quests : everything is hidden and there is nothing on the map to tell you where to look or what to do, apart from clues you actually have to look for and find by yourself.

And YES : that WAS great !
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

bahdasz
11.28.2012 , 04:10 PM | #65
While I bashed it earlier, I was refering to the update as a whole, which is a major disappointment. I would like to get it in for the record that I'd like to see more quests like the Theoretika as well. Although I would have liked a little more action here and there (maybe just a little combat and not every 3 freaking meters like the rest of the stuff in this game) it was a nice break and quite fun.

When the door slammed shut and the lights went off in that room I was a little starteld (ok, I jumped) because I didn't expect something like that from this game. That room was fun, and the overall creepy suspense was very well done. I almost felt like I was playing resident evil, and I liked it. I would like to see more of this kind of content in the future as well.

However, they really need to fire the guy that designed the dailies in Section X, he sucks at his job.

Cbaoth
09.16.2013 , 02:17 AM | #66
Only did the Theoretika quest so far, but it was hands down the quest with the most creepy setting I have played in a while. For some reason I got to think about the movie "Event Horizon" because of the whole "ship lost in space" theme it had going on.

I actually found myself a bit uneasy when walking around in there, and a part of me couldnt wait to get out, while the other part just thought it was awesome.

More of this please BW.

EDIT:
Just to add something about the fact that there are no moobs to fight. I think that just adds to the great setting og the Theoretika. I was constantly ready to get ambushed and on edge. Just shows that you can get to the edge of the seat of your chair just knowing something might happen. Again..great quest.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body”

VanderII
09.16.2013 , 03:45 AM | #67
Yes, it's true. Theoretika and in general all HK 51 mission is a very nice quest line
- Neithan Legacy -
- A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities. - J.R.R.T