Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Theoretika Quest was amazing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Theoretika Quest was amazing

Pepperawr
11.18.2012 , 01:02 PM | #31
Yeah I enjoyed the creativity of this line. It only helps that he is a pretty powerful companion in his own right. The only thing I've found is that he seems to lack the verbal interjections and location commentaries of the other companions which makes him feel a little more static, unless I've just been taking HK to the "wrong" areas.
CE fancypants.

Kendaric
11.18.2012 , 01:26 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Ravenhurst View Post
Yeah, finally some non-combat investigation type quest. Very good.

Hope for even more investigations and puzzles, that is when it starts to feel like "RPG" again, mechanics felt almost a little like Secret World.

No more Kill X Collect X in the future, please more "Theoretika" type gameplay.
Yes please, add more missions like that.
The Theoretika mission was incredible and loads of fun to play through, I really wish we'll see more missions like this. Especially the traps/puzzles were fun without being frustrating and the non-combat gameplay was a welcome change from the standard missions in the game.
(█⌉▀|▀|▀|▀[o]█]|▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Kaisernick
11.18.2012 , 01:41 PM | #33
loved it myself to was such fun bioware should definitely do more like this.

Sildanar
11.18.2012 , 05:43 PM | #34
My wife and I played this together, we both loved it, very very creepy and nice puzzles to complete.
More please
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

Esron
11.18.2012 , 06:01 PM | #35
I agree this was the coolest quest in the game ive done ( and ive done im all by now on both sides, bonus missions and every ops etc etc etc )
On the down side, it took you 1+ year to make something cool that actualy resembles something RPG like instead of a clone... so im not going to hold my breath for more like this to get implemented into the game.

yaaarg
11.18.2012 , 06:22 PM | #36
Did anybody else inject their friends with the nylite injector from the medical room with the last datalog?

Seraphynn
11.18.2012 , 06:47 PM | #37
I loved this quest.. the whole quest line was great! The spoiler above happened to me and scared the hell outta me.. It was just great.. I am not going to spend CC to unlock HK, I am going to be repeating this quest over and over

gibmachine
11.18.2012 , 07:09 PM | #38
Agreed. The quest was incredibly awesome. Even though the scanning part was tedious, I'm overlooking it just because of the Theoretika.

More content like this please BW.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.18.2012 , 07:18 PM | #39
look how happy everyone is if the game is adding one RPG quest with some basic puzzles, quests people were used to in the days of Zelda.

Kill X Collect X MMO quests made us all forget how great classic RPG quests were.

-ThEoNe-
11.18.2012 , 07:18 PM | #40
I agree with the great majority here in this thread in stating that this quest (and the whole HK-51 questline as a whole) was absolutely amazing. I loved every single bit of it, and perhaps the reasoning behind that is the strong vibe of a KOTORish type quest. It really brought me back and the whole quest made me feel like i was playing a quest in KOTOR, and that to me is immensely important for immersion in this game. We need more quests that are different, with different mechanics, with varying degrees of combat/puzzle/grouping/PvPing/exploring/etc , because that is how you make your MMO stand out apart from others. Really looking forward to Makeb now if we can expect the same kind of story making and great quest design that we saw in the HK quest line.
Zakkait - 50 Vanguard
Aurion - 50 Sentinel
Kratos - 50 Guardian
Shunsui - 50 Shadow