Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech grenades Ruining Warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Cybertech grenades Ruining Warzones

SgtBranham
11.19.2012 , 10:09 AM | #51
Gernades are part of what make PvP in this game strategic and fun. They are available to everyone either though crafting them or purchasing them for a low price on the auction house. If you are in a decent PVP guild, you probably have access to hundreds in the guild bank. In close games, the proper use of CC wins objectives. This is a strategic point that many "bads" don't understand. They throw their CC out all willy nilly and get frustrated when they can't cap a node or they get stunned and cannot prevent a cap.

Get some gernades, learn to use them, and profit.

TUXs
11.19.2012 , 10:21 AM | #52
The way Resolve works/ignores these, is another issue altogether. CC's are out of flipping control in this game. The mines/grenades aren't the only problem.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

L-RANDLE
11.19.2012 , 10:34 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
The way Resolve works/ignores these, is another issue altogether. CC's are out of flipping control in this game. The mines/grenades aren't the only problem.
Boom Goes the Dynamite!!

All the crying makes me want to barf... Just change resolve to the way it was... It was fine for the most part...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

DarthOvertone
11.19.2012 , 01:03 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
I don't understand why are they still used on WZ's. It's stupid. If a crewskill can have PVP advantadges over the others...make ALL Crew Skills have something to do with PvP.
I don't agree that these grenades are unfair and that the Cybertech crew skill has an unfair PvP advantage as a result. Since these grenades are a consumable, they can be purchased on the GTN or acquired from friends who can make them.

However, I do believe there is already too much CC in the game and that these grenades put additional stress on everyone's CC Breaker. Rather than eliminating these items from PvP, I think BW should implement an equivalent Anti-CC consumable. In another thread someone suggested Anti-CC Stims. Rather than nerfing Cybertech grenades, introduce some Anti-CC Stims that we can all use. Would go a long way to helping clean up the CC spam in current PvP.
Alphamaul, Alphanoob, Alphazen - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: There has been a PvP Awakening. Have you felt it?

lucianobck
11.19.2012 , 02:13 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
I just don't find those nades FAIR on warzones. It's giving a Crew Skill an advantadge over the other ppl by adding 1 SKILL THAT STUNS, CUT CASTS AND STOPS PPL TRYING TO KITE.

I don't understand why are they still used on WZ's. It's stupid. If a crewskill can have PVP advantadges over the others...make ALL Crew Skills have something to do with PvP.

I'm armormech....give me +100% armor -.-

pd: Sorry bad english :_
Bla bla bla... keep cry baby.... Go and up cybertech too....

FourTwent
11.19.2012 , 02:23 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
This is a very good post that nicely sums up the argument for the OP.

While it is true that grenades can be used by anyone, can be acquired cheaply or crafted by an alt, giving every class a ground targetable long-range AoE mez disrupts balance to a significant degree.
ummm how is it disrupting balance when everyone has them
ummm how is it disrupting balance when the devs balanced the warzones with grenades in mind
ummm how is it disrupting balance simply because you're so cheap and lazy that you wont use them yourself

oh wait, i see how it's not balanced. quit being lazy!

LarryRow
11.19.2012 , 03:02 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
ummm how is it disrupting balance when everyone has them
ummm how is it disrupting balance when the devs balanced the warzones with grenades in mind
ummm how is it disrupting balance simply because you're so cheap and lazy that you wont use them yourself

oh wait, i see how it's not balanced. quit being lazy!
Not sure where you're getting that from - I buy grenades, I have an alt making grenades, and I use the grenades. Necessary to be competitive.

It disrupts balance because it breaks the rock-paper-scissor paradigm. It's like giving all the rocks and papers little pointy sharp blades.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

FourTwent
11.19.2012 , 03:56 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Not sure where you're getting that from - I buy grenades, I have an alt making grenades, and I use the grenades. Necessary to be competitive.

It disrupts balance because it breaks the rock-paper-scissor paradigm. It's like giving all the rocks and papers little pointy sharp blades.
how is an aoe mez that breaks on damage breaking the rock paper scissors setup?

Master_Nate
11.19.2012 , 04:10 PM | #59
Everything ruins PvP it seems Let's grab twigs and chase each other around with smiles, that sounds like fun right?
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

gofortheko
11.19.2012 , 04:14 PM | #60
I dont mind nades, IF the allow me to use adrenals in pvp again. More CC in this game is retarded, straight up, and having an aoe grenade that stuns for 4 seconds is even more so. All you "pro" players who claim that grenades are part of strategy, cant you just win without it? If the answer is YES then we should do away with them.
Weapon-of War
Powertech - Vanguard - Sorcerer - Sage - Mercenary - Commando - Marauder - Sentinel - Juggernaut - Guardian - Assassin - Shadow - Operative -Scoundrel - Sniper - Gunslinger
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger