Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So what's the longest you've spent looking for an HK-51 component?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
So what's the longest you've spent looking for an HK-51 component?

xtexasfightx
11.26.2012 , 01:39 PM | #21
Finished it with my Sentinel. I didn't keep track of how long they all took me, but it was quite a while. Luckily I had a group every time.
The force can be a powerful ally...and a terrible foe.

Journeyer
11.26.2012 , 01:57 PM | #22
SnowyAngel--the pieces obtained on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas are "bind to legacy." You can locate a mailbox, type in your Republic toon's name, and send the item from Dromund Kaas to them.

And to answer the OP, almost all of them took <5 minutes. Except Kaas, where I had a devil of a time because others kept finding it and were too far away for me to get there each time. I gave up after 10 minutes, went back the next day, got it in 2 scans.

Tips on getting the thing: Look at where everyone else is scanning and don't scan there, but scan near there. They are likely near a part, and if they find it, a giant beam will shoot out. So might as well cover more area by scanning a little way away Also...group up!
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

babygirl_usa
11.26.2012 , 07:33 PM | #23
8 hrs and still counting! Not yet finished. For a paying subscriber can the HK-51 be sold in the Cartel Market. That way I won't be so cranky. Grouping up is good but very time consuming. Be sure you don't have to work tomorrow or you'll have to have some caffeine injections to stay awake.
It's not so much winning the WZ PVP. It's the kill count that matters.

YoshiRaphElan
11.26.2012 , 09:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by babygirl_usa View Post
8 hrs and still counting! Not yet finished. For a paying subscriber can the HK-51 be sold in the Cartel Market. That way I won't be so cranky. Grouping up is good but very time consuming. Be sure you don't have to work tomorrow or you'll have to have some caffeine injections to stay awake.
You can buy him as a legacy perk. 350 CC per character on a server where you've already unlocked him. He's great on my level 1 trooper and JK.

babygirl_usa
11.26.2012 , 09:57 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
You can buy him as a legacy perk. 350 CC per character on a server where you've already unlocked him. He's great on my level 1 trooper and JK.
Oh thank you! That's great news! Now I can get some sleep. Heard also that the Marauder's HK-51 comes not fully loaded. Maybe they'll fix it in tonight's maintenance. Here's to hoping!
It's not so much winning the WZ PVP. It's the kill count that matters.

Anysao
11.27.2012 , 07:14 AM | #26
I had relatively good luck.
Coruscant: 20 minutes, made a group, got it strangely were I started.
Taris: 30 minutes. Our group was competing with another. The piece ended up under a wall.
Dromund kaas: I came here twice on my alts, first time I didn't know I needed the scanner. About 20 minutes, did some instance swapping though.
Hoth was the most fun (fun fact: the "ambris's fury" is the place you got HK in the beta); as soon as we got here, we found about 25 meters (sounds like everyone had this). We were competing with a Sith, and eventually his 2 friends. Eventually, the Sith marauder dug it up. We grabbed it, and then the 5 of us, I a guardian, my friend a commando, a Sith marauder, a Sith sorcerer, and a sniper, had some good old fashion open-world PvP. We won.
Ooh! In WildStar, I get double jumps, path choices, and massive PvP!That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?

I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.

Wallner
11.27.2012 , 10:59 AM | #27
Hmm I guess Hoth, which probably took over an hour, but that was because I was looking in the wrong area. I thought it was the huge ship in the graveyard, but apparently it was not ^^
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Jorus (Guardian) -Zakarus (Sorcerer) -Kavin (Mercenary)

-Jay-
12.06.2012 , 02:39 AM | #28
Hoth: 7 hours.

Got so angry I almost unsubbed.

Microsoftenator
12.16.2012 , 02:56 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Wallner View Post
Hmm I guess Hoth, which probably took over an hour, but that was because I was looking in the wrong area. I thought it was the huge ship in the graveyard, but apparently it was not ^^
I've been looking all around the ship. Where did you find it?

ChrisRedmond
12.16.2012 , 03:28 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Snowyangel View Post
How do you find it on a imp toon for dramound kaas and send it to you rep toon?
You need an Alt on the other faction to complete the quest.
If you can't fix it, forget it.