Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP experience... working as intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP experience... working as intended?

vimm
11.16.2012 , 12:58 PM | #21
Sounds awesome to me, lol.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

UGLYMRJ
11.16.2012 , 12:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
Sounds awesome to me, lol.
For real... I swear I'm part Korean cuz I love a grind... definitely one of the few who wishes the grind was much tougher.

....waiting for infraction points...

vimm
11.16.2012 , 01:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
For real... I swear I'm part Korean cuz I love a grind... definitely one of the few who wishes the grind was much tougher.

I mean, having a longer grind, you'll make more comms and money. I've just ground every class already, so a faster grind seems appealing to me.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Jadescythe
11.16.2012 , 01:08 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I would be curious that if you lost a lot, and you did too good of a job at losing (or too bad of a job); would it now be possible to out level your valor with the XP rate?
Valor rank cannot exceed level until you are 50 unfortunately.
I have opinions and stuff

UGLYMRJ
11.16.2012 , 01:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
I mean, having a longer grind, you'll make more comms and money. I've just ground every class already, so a faster grind seems appealing to me.
I've always liked a grind for the idea of top tier gear and min/max characters being more of a rarity. So the elite stand out instantly. As it is now there a tons of min/max players who are wasting their time to put it nicely. So much gear and so little skill.

So yeah... not only leveling but I wish the gear grind was tougher.

Technohic
11.16.2012 , 01:15 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Valor rank cannot exceed level until you are 50 unfortunately.
I know. I mean that while PvPing to level; if your character level actually could tic faster than your valor bar fills up behind it from losing all the time.

Before; say you were level 39 and PvPing only to hit level 40; your valor bar would be full and capped not allowed to tic up to 40 before you hit the level, even if you lost every match, your valor bar would fill up to cap well ahead of your XP bar on a strict PvP only diet. Now I am wondering if it is possible that you ding 40 and your valor isn't even capped since you get more valor for a win and XP is based of time.

Jadescythe
11.16.2012 , 01:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I know. I mean that while PvPing to level; if your character level actually could tic faster than your valor bar fills up behind it from losing all the time.

Before; say you were level 39 and PvPing only to hit level 40; your valor bar would be full and capped not allowed to tic up to 40 before you hit the level, even if you lost every match, your valor bar would fill up to cap well ahead of your XP bar on a strict PvP only diet. Now I am wondering if it is possible that you ding 40 and your valor isn't even capped since you get more valor for a win and XP is based of time.
I get what you're saying now. Probably not. I have 24% boost from legacy and had a 25% boost on from Cartel market on my 39 mara and I was getting about 42k per warzone last night. That would take me at least 5 or 6 matches to level and it only takes about 3 matches to get a valor level before 50. I did win some fairly quickly though (spent an entire CW running to their turret to take it and then heading to the one we lost to take it back. 3 capped them for awhile during that match)
I have opinions and stuff

ForsakenKing
11.16.2012 , 01:28 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post

crazy person

but honestly, i am glad that they buffed the xp a little bit. now if only they could buff comms...

MidichIorian
11.16.2012 , 02:00 PM | #29
So they actually give that much experience? I'm so pvp'ing on my lowbie chars now followed by steamrolling the class missions as a 50.

How are pvp'ers supposed to keep their gear up to date if they havent increases the credit or commendation rewards?

UGLYMRJ
11.16.2012 , 02:02 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
So they actually give that much experience? I'm so pvp'ing on my lowbie chars now followed by steamrolling the class missions as a 50.

How are pvp'ers supposed to keep their gear up to date if they havent increases the crdit or commendation rewards?
Last night yeah... I guess it's been fixed from what people are saying but with both XP boosts me and my guild were gaining a level for every 4 war zones, and we were all at different level ranging from 12 to mid 40's.