Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvP experience... working as intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP experience... working as intended?

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.16.2012 , 11:22 AM | #1
While I'm enjoying gaining a level for every 4 war zones (Not an exaggeration), it's a little much. On my level 40 and my level 20 I'm gaining a little more than enough experience for a level. Personally I think it's too damn easy. I understand the need to make an easier leveling experience for the new F2P'ers but it's over the top. MMO's in my opinion are about a grind... working for rewards... and progression. They basically removed this.

On top of that... I'm normally getting far more experience for losses than I am for wins... broken?

We tested it last night and it was pretty consistent. Towards the end of the night we actually started throwing matches to get as much XP as possible thinking that last nights patch was going to fix the insane amounts of experience earned. I played a quick game before work this morning and it looks like we were wrong.

Still gaining enough XP for about 1/4 of a level. Looks like nothing changed with XP gained.

Working as intended? Hate it or love it?

DarthFamine's Avatar


DarthFamine
11.16.2012 , 11:25 AM | #2
it slows down at 42 or so. and it is fine.
Grinding sucks the life out of a game.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

SlimsPicken's Avatar


SlimsPicken
11.16.2012 , 11:25 AM | #3
Yeah, I dont know anyone who was asking for more xp in WZs... we all asked for more credits.

Chalk this one up to them not listening as usual....

they raise the WZ comm cap, then make xp so high you get half as many WZs before you ding 50. Brilliant.

Meanwhile, with even less WZs per level, and still no real income from it, we are going to be even more broke.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.16.2012 , 11:27 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
Yeah, I dont know anyone who was asking for more xp in WZs... we all asked for more credits.

Chalk this one up to them not listening as usual....

they raise the WZ comm cap, then make xp so high you get half as many WZs before you ding 50. Brilliant.

Meanwhile, with even less WZs per level, and still no real income from it, we are going to be even more broke.
Pretty much exactly why I don't like it... and of course I'm the kind of player that enjoys a grind. I thought it was too easy to level before these changes.

cisme's Avatar


cisme
11.16.2012 , 11:41 AM | #5
Could somebody explain this? I love pvp at low levels but I find it takes forever to level up. Do you get legacy perks or whatever? Plz explain how I can level up through pvp

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.16.2012 , 11:43 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cisme View Post
Could somebody explain this? I love pvp at low levels but I find it takes forever to level up. Do you get legacy perks or whatever? Plz explain how I can level up through pvp
Legacy perks + Cartel WZ XP boost = insanely quick leveling.

Nothematic's Avatar


Nothematic
11.16.2012 , 11:47 AM | #7
It was insanely broken yesterday (Level 47 char was getting me excess of 70k experience per warzone). They fixed that in this mornings patch though - it was something to do with the first legacy perk not working as intended.

Kudos to them for fixing it so fast, however I would like to see a small buff to the amount of xp gained in warzones now.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
11.16.2012 , 11:56 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
It was insanely broken yesterday (Level 47 char was getting me excess of 70k experience per warzone). They fixed that in this mornings patch though - it was something to do with the first legacy perk not working as intended.

Kudos to them for fixing it so fast, however I would like to see a small buff to the amount of xp gained in warzones now.
I only played one WZ this morning on my level 20 jug... still seemed a bit excessive. Approx 20K XP.

ParagonAX's Avatar


ParagonAX
11.16.2012 , 11:56 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Nothematic View Post
It was insanely broken yesterday (Level 47 char was getting me excess of 70k experience per warzone). They fixed that in this mornings patch though - it was something to do with the first legacy perk not working as intended.

Kudos to them for fixing it so fast, however I would like to see a small buff to the amount of xp gained in warzones now.
Damn... should have done lowbie pvp last night LOL

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
11.16.2012 , 12:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Legacy perks + Cartel WZ XP boost = insanely quick leveling.
I would advise not using the cartel XP boost if you want to get comms banked for 50. Now; if only there was a way I could turn off the legacy buff once purchased...

Outside of that, though; I actually like it on alts that I don't intend to bank comms on forever after playing 4 other toons to 50.