Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer now that F2P is here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Character Transfer now that F2P is here
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aberd
11.16.2012 , 08:40 AM | #1
Now that Free-to-play is here and 1.5 is live, can we please get character transfers. I don't care if it is free, pay with real money or pay with Cartel Coins. Bioware has said it is coming in the future, please make this a priority! I so want to play on my powertech and sorcerer on an east coast server, but they are stuck on a west coast server.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Jacen_Starsolo
11.16.2012 , 08:46 AM | #2
They launched F2P too soon it seems. No "Buy slots" as well. Things they should have had in place for those new free people to spend money on. Now they will hit the mid-20s and see how restrictive they really are and leave. Way to not get the revenue while the chance was there, Bioware.

Cerimon
11.16.2012 , 08:48 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Aberd,

Game Update 1.5 has been quite a large one and character transfers in any form has not yet become available. As per previous requests for an update on this we, at this point ask you to continue monitoring the website for news as it will be fairly big news when it becomes available and you will not be able to miss it.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Aberd
11.18.2012 , 10:42 PM | #4
So Cerimon, what is the hold hold up? As I've posted elsewhere, this is not making sense why this can't get in.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Uniform
11.19.2012 , 12:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Aberd,

Game Update 1.5 has been quite a large one and character transfers in any form has not yet become available. As per previous requests for an update on this we, at this point ask you to continue monitoring the website for news as it will be fairly big news when it becomes available and you will not be able to miss it.

You know, me and couple of my friend are waiting for server transfer since January. We got separated when the game was released, due to server queues and our availability. As we hoped that the server transfer will come sooner rather than later, we kept playing apart not really wanting to abandon our progress.
11 months later and still nothing… saddest part is that the last time we played together was during beta.

So what is holding this feature up?
Don’t you think EA would be quite happy to squeeze some extra money from their customers with this service?

Hawken
11.19.2012 , 01:54 PM | #6
Seriously, the transfer system is already mostly coded, it's been tested and debugged for the free and mandatory transfers already done. Many, many of us want to reunite our families, both in Legacy and guilds. Please make this a high priority!

Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Aberd,

Hawken

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creator of The Hawke Cartel Guild
Now recruiting mature, light role-players, for low-key fun!

TheNevet
11.23.2012 , 12:21 PM | #7
What the crap Bioware, we know you have the tech, we had transfers before the server merges. Why don't we have them now?
The Cheng Legacy - Level 50 | The Ebon Hawk
Nim-lo - 55 Shadow DPS | Jao-xun - 55 Guardian Tank | Vost'ryk'ereth - 50 Mercenary DPS
Mei-li - 55 Sage Healer | Lominos - 50 Commando Healer | Qing-jao - 50 Sorcerer DPS
Drenkor - 55 Sentinel DPS | Destruktus - 55 Juggernaut Tank | Gigolo - 50 Scoundrel DPS

fowltief
11.24.2012 , 09:46 AM | #8
My only level 50 is stuck on another server. trying to reroll but i lose interest quickly though content I've done before.

i'm not sure how the whole legacy transfer would work i'm assuming i'd have to sacrifice one for the other..i'm avoiding making any legacy purchases until i can transfer which sucks cause i'm missing out on abilities i could be using right now to help me level...

i check the forums only for this... nearly daily.... to see when and how much...
ị█ị▀▀▀▀▀╬(▣)╬▀▌███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Jerro
11.24.2012 , 11:28 AM | #9
This is a pretty big topic for me to. Since old and new friends left the game on my current server, but i found a lot of really old friends on Another server. rerolling sure but i still want to move my main.

HELLCAMAWALKN
11.26.2012 , 01:17 AM | #10
Please take our money! maybe that will work, seriously though if you guys worked for me and completed things in your time frame i would fire you all.