Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.5 charged burst

macumba
11.16.2012 , 06:30 AM | #1
ever since 1.4 launched the gunslinger sounds are a total mess. now this situation persists through 1.5.
the sound of charged burst sounds as if the blasters are low on battery.

it's not even that this issue was not fixed during 1.4 and not fixed with 1.5 we did not even get this obvious bug acknowledged.
I really hope it's not an intentional change, I would appreciate clarification here.

I got that it's not top priority to address the bug, but please inform us when or even if something is being done about that (a when would of course be even nicer)
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

macumba
11.17.2012 , 05:34 AM | #2
fridays update still did not fix the soundbug, still waiting for pre 1.4 sounds to return.

macumba
11.19.2012 , 06:16 AM | #3
the sound issues still persist. I would only like to know whether this is known, intentional or not or not going to addressed or whatever. you cant just change how a class sounds from one day to another and say nothing about it.
I bet you would not do that if the lightsabers humming started to sound like a washmachine.

Luceon
11.19.2012 , 07:05 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by macumba View Post
the sound issues still persist. I would only like to know whether this is known, intentional or not or not going to addressed or whatever. you cant just change how a class sounds from one day to another and say nothing about it.
I bet you would not do that if the lightsabers humming started to sound like a washmachine.
I bet they would. You are holding out for nothing if you really do think this change was accidental. They intended this and unless there is a complete uproar (which there isn't) then it won't change.
Maybe I don't want a signature....

magecutter
11.19.2012 , 07:45 AM | #5
I agree that the gunslinger's sounds have been nerfed, I remember quick shot used to have a nice "Pop-Pop" that made it sound like you we're really hitting something hard.

the sound effects for many abilities were changed including space combat's, trooper's and of course gunslinger.

I think the reason was to try to reduce stuttering and/or lag, to try to improve game performance. it reminds me of the old days when you set how many channels you would use for sound, and if the system was over taxed some sound effects would be 'dropped' .

I can't prove any of this and could easily be wrong about why it is... but it is obvious that many sound effect changes have been made and not for the better imho.

macumba
11.19.2012 , 07:55 AM | #6
well there are threads and I am not the only one to be totally unhappy about it.
like this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536773
people just gave up I suppose

magecutter
11.19.2012 , 08:07 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by macumba View Post
well there are threads and I am not the only one to be totally unhappy about it.
like this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536773
people just gave up I suppose
I agree.

TapVallian
11.20.2012 , 02:53 AM | #8
They still haven't fixed this yet? I've been away from the game for a few weeks. (still subbed, just busy elsewhere) I was reading about the 1.5 and F2P... first thing I thought of was "wonder if they fixed the smuggler sounds yet"?

I guess I don't need to log in to check, its obvious it hasn't been fixed yet.

Mind boggling.

Vesahgo
11.21.2012 , 01:17 PM | #9
Subscribed and thanks for the continued pressure on this.

Gunslinger is my main and I really miss the sounds of pre 1.4.

Squadron 11.11.11 - *Never Forget*

macumba
11.24.2012 , 10:14 AM | #10
the sound is absolutely unbearable and it is still not fixed!!!