Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speeder Piloting 3 unlock bug

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Speeder Piloting 3 unlock bug

Gendif
11.17.2012 , 05:35 PM | #21
Well, they've now got a warning on the launcher stating they are aware of this issue and that apparently it is a tooltip bug. No word yet on whether or not we will see a refund on this for those of us who bought it with no real benefit.
Hey look, I have a key! Does this make me cool?

Snowbird
11.17.2012 , 05:40 PM | #22
Let's hope it gets resolved one way or another.
OUT OF RANGE
OUT OF RANGE
OUT OF RANGE
NOT READY YET

TonyACT
11.17.2012 , 05:48 PM | #23
One would expect to have a refund given - then folks could buy it again if they still wished to under the updated conditions.

Snowbird
11.17.2012 , 08:55 PM | #24
I saw the notice on the launcher, but no word on how they are going to resolve this for people who bought it. Is there a thread or announcement somewhere else? My ticket is still unanswered in game. Sure would be nice to start using SP3...
OUT OF RANGE
OUT OF RANGE
OUT OF RANGE
NOT READY YET

natashina
11.18.2012 , 04:06 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Snowbird View Post
I saw the notice on the launcher, but no word on how they are going to resolve this for people who bought it. Is there a thread or announcement somewhere else? My ticket is still unanswered in game. Sure would be nice to start using SP3...
After chatting in General on the Fleet on my server, that's pretty much the general consensus. Mistakes happen after huge (game changing) patches like this. I can get behind that, I just want a refund at this point. I suspect the speeder unlocks will not be account wide, but so long as I can get my money back, I'm alright with it.

I should probably cover my Jedi butt and put in a ticket in game after I wake up later just. It's to make sure I can get any sort of refund or other compensation. Here's to hoping they more fully address this before I wake up.

Belacose
11.18.2012 , 08:33 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
I should probably cover my Jedi butt and put in a ticket in game after I wake up later just. It's to make sure I can get any sort of refund or other compensation. Here's to hoping they more fully address this before I wake up.
Please get back with us if anything is resolved.

Caminari
11.18.2012 , 08:42 AM | #27
Mistakes happen after huge (game changing) patches like this. I can get behind that, I just want a refund at this point. I suspect the speeder unlocks will not be account wide, but so long as I can get my money back, I'm alright with it.
This. Not going to hold a mistake against them if they'll admit it's their mistake, and take responsibility for fixing it.

Yeah, I think I'll go do the same.
"Relativity applies to physics, not ethics."~Albert Einstein
╬╬╬╬╬|██████████████████████████████)

Magwa
11.18.2012 , 09:51 AM | #28
I bought Speeder piloting 1 on the GTN expecting an account unlock but the same thing happened to me. It's just for that one character even though it says "Account-wide". I submitted a ticket asking what they're going to do for the people who bought this expecting one thing but receiving another. No word yet. I hope I can get my credits refunded, at least partially.

Foambreaker
11.18.2012 , 09:54 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerriko View Post
Same thing here. I purchased all three and the tooltip states "Use applies the selected unlock to all characters on your account". I verified it before I purchased as well as before I used them, and it only unlocked on the one character.
Same here, and to make matters worse for me the toon I did the transaction with had Speed 3 already, so I litterally got nothing.

Foambreaker
11.18.2012 , 09:56 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Magwa View Post
I bought Speeder piloting 1 on the GTN expecting an account unlock but the same thing happened to me. It's just for that one character even though it says "Account-wide". I submitted a ticket asking what they're going to do for the people who bought this expecting one thing but receiving another. No word yet. I hope I can get my credits refunded, at least partially.
They have to give it to us by federal law. It is like when the grocery store mis-marks an item.

Tough luck for them.