Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

F2P Players- Competitive and You!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
F2P Players- Competitive and You!

Wainamoinen
11.16.2012 , 07:14 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Remember though- you are limited to 3 matches per week. So you are looking at 30 weeks to get a full set of BM gear as a f2p player, over half a year! Yay!
**Please inform me on incorrect math, most numbers are rough estimates and you may earn commendations at a slower or faster rate per match.
I believe it was changed to 5 matches per week.

There's some good advice in there, but I don't think it helps that they're really camouflage for criticism of the PvP gear system in general and the specific point of how much PvP F2Pers have access to.

As it happens, I can handle people not liking the gear system (even if I haven't seen one I think would be a vast impovement). I also agree that the restriction on number of games F2Pers get is much too low, even at 5 per week.

The objective should be to give them a taste, to want more that they'll pay for. 5 games a week, for most of them, will see them stomped and get no chance to learn how to improve. Even if they'd be willing to tough it out, the low number of permitted games will block them from getting good enough to enjoy it in any reasonable timeframe. 15 per week would be better, it would give people a chance to get into the PvP, so that they decide they like it enough to want to pay for more (and a chance to gear up a little).

But I thought it a bit of a shame the helpful advice had to come with the negative spin, as that'll only discourage people from trying something they might enjoy.
There will be blood, it might be yours;
So go kill someone - signed, Bad Horse

Ilmarinen 65 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Ycoga
11.16.2012 , 07:16 AM | #12
Are you both deliberately ignoring the 'training and progression' part of my post? Some servers queue same-faction PUG games and switch teams for balance after every game.

Not my problem if you're not aware of this.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Wainamoinen
11.16.2012 , 07:19 AM | #13
That's not really ranked though, is it? More of a gearing-up exercise.
There will be blood, it might be yours;
So go kill someone - signed, Bad Horse

Ilmarinen 65 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Ycoga
11.16.2012 , 07:32 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
That's not really ranked though, is it? More of a gearing-up exercise.
They are ranked WZ.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

KazeRonin
11.16.2012 , 07:37 AM | #15
Yea not worth it did a match today and just felt like it was a waste of time trying to be competitive, with only two bars it is very difficult.

JekRendar
11.16.2012 , 07:37 AM | #16
it is something available only to the greatest, most talented players in the massively online game we call SW NGE2 I mean SWTOR.
I lol'd. Well said.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

SneiK
11.16.2012 , 08:18 AM | #17
OP, could you point out, that you don't actually need to buy BM ear/impants/relics nor belts/bracers(this I'm not 100% sure, maybe check it out as I don't remember anymore) nor mainhand/offhand since the WH counterparts do not require them.

Swanea
11.16.2012 , 08:47 AM | #18
Great post. Really drives some points home.
Swanea Stormrider

WAR - WoW - LotRO - SWG
Internecion - Apex - FotR - EE/BoT/SWoT