Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

problem with character slots

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
problem with character slots
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KarainChains
11.16.2012 , 05:05 AM | #41
I just ran in to this problem after the recent patch. Yesterday it was fine, but tonight I went to delete one of my 2 character so I can recreate one on my friends sever, but now I get the error saying I can't make another character.

Xarnie
11.16.2012 , 05:10 AM | #42
The problem is, that this bug is probably only experienced by F2P and Prefered accounts only...

So it's obvious that it is not a priority, because we are not paying customers.

Creaps
11.16.2012 , 05:15 AM | #43
Got the same problem.. cant say im surprised by this since the game have been haunted by bugs and bad decisions from the start. and we might not be paying customers, but we want to play the game and are therefore potential paying customers but with this problem they are just alienating us if they are not making it a priority. Because if we cant play then why would be pay anything.

Bocatt
11.16.2012 , 05:27 AM | #44
Have been experiencing this problem since about 3PM EST yesterday. Thought maybe it would be fixed quickly, especially since BioWare sent out kind of a hotfix maintenance patch, but that's not the case, so I'm going to go ahead and add my name to the list of people with this problem. Hoping it gets attention soon.

Had 5 characters. Didn't want any of them. Deleted all of them. Can't make a new one on any server.
"Sir, I am 98% certain that the small meatbag said that I should blast him into oblivion."
"Are you sure?"
"Well it IS possible he said something completely different, but not likely..."

Jorgoman
11.16.2012 , 05:32 AM | #45
Yeah, this issue deserves a lot of attention right now.

sneakygriffz
11.16.2012 , 05:50 AM | #46
Encountering the same issues here, deleted all my alts, now I can't creat any new char because it says I still have 5 active characters, when I only have one.

Not a good first impression as a returning ex-subscriber.

Broula
11.16.2012 , 06:29 AM | #47
The character slot problem is still here. But I wonder... ...If this problem is here for about... ...12 hours, why the hotfix patch fixed The Cartel Network only? I am afraid, that this is typical Bioware (but mostly EA) strategy of Profit before Prestige.
When life gives you lemons, do not make a lemonade. Give Them F***K BACK!!!

williamzero
11.16.2012 , 06:43 AM | #48
Still a problem and after a patch. Looks like not much has changed.

Xarnie
11.16.2012 , 06:47 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Broula View Post
The character slot problem is still here. But I wonder... ...If this problem is here for about... ...12 hours, why the hotfix patch fixed The Cartel Network only? I am afraid, that this is typical Bioware (but mostly EA) strategy of Profit before Prestige.
That is because the Cartel Network is more important, because it involves money.

DoctorBatlyMD
11.16.2012 , 06:53 AM | #50
This is insanely frustrating...