Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LOL a couple FOTMs behind

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
LOL a couple FOTMs behind

wbtusmc
11.16.2012 , 09:29 AM | #31
I leveled a Marauder mostly for the lore and buff, but also since my main is a healer, I wanted to understand the class better in order to negate it in PvP. I let it sit for a while after reaching 50, and 2 days ago I logged onto it and, having never played Rage before (was always annhilation or carnage) respecced.

In full recruit gear, speccing into rage 30 seconds before the start of the WZ, having never even practiced the rotation against npc's, I got a 5k dmg medal and a 300k medal in an average Civil War game. Easiest, but most lethal, spec I've ever played / seen.

I'm sorry, but if this isnt the definition of OP, I dont know what is. I could list several more examples but I think this suffices.

*edit - I had a Battlemaster mainhand augmented that I purchased immediately upon hitting 50.

Technohic
11.16.2012 , 09:42 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by wbtusmc View Post
I leveled a Marauder mostly for the lore and buff, but also since my main is a healer, I wanted to understand the class better in order to negate it in PvP. I let it sit for a while after reaching 50, and 2 days ago I logged onto it and, having never played Rage before (was always annhilation or carnage) respecced.

In full recruit gear, speccing into rage 30 seconds before the start of the WZ, having never even practiced the rotation against npc's, I got a 5k dmg medal and a 300k medal in an average Civil War game. Easiest, but most lethal, spec I've ever played / seen.

I'm sorry, but if this isnt the definition of OP, I dont know what is. I could list several more examples but I think this suffices.

*edit - I had a Battlemaster mainhand augmented that I purchased immediately upon hitting 50.
LOL I thought about trying that as I have a marauder I just hit 50 with and moved on. He does have a few pieces of BM though.

Either way. At least now you know what is coming and can plan accordingly. I have an assassin I use for dailies as he is capable of doing it the fastest with a 31/10/0 build due to stealth, survivability and yet plenty of damage to burst down trash. There are so many different assassin builds, I have no idea what to expect when one pops out at me. lol

If they ever nerf one, I have plenty more to go to.

BlazingShadow
11.16.2012 , 09:44 AM | #33
honestly I hate rage spec, esp. when pugging pvp. It was always too squishy for me. Annihilation was my preferred spec for the awesome dots, healing as a bonus. This heal nerf honestly will be minor, at least in PVP.

Technohic
11.16.2012 , 09:46 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
honestly I hate rage spec, esp. when pugging pvp. It was always too squishy for me. Annihilation was my preferred spec for the awesome dots, healing as a bonus. This heal nerf honestly will be minor, at least in PVP.
I already preferred Carnage over anni for PvP so; I'm biased. I did like anni though much better than rage. This was all pre-1.4 though, so a lot has changed.

Atramar
11.16.2012 , 09:56 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by LaVall View Post
At least half of the maras and nearly all the juggs I face in warzones are Rage as it is. I'm so tired of fighting the same rotation over and over. The entire community calls out for nerfs to this class and they respond by making things worse by making other specs less viable. A truly baffling move.
I actually don't mind smashers. they are easy to see, and easy to kill.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013